Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How many kids would it have to save for you to give up your semi auto "assaulte" rifles
I would give them up if it saved one kid 25 29.76%
I would give them up if it saved 5 kids 1 1.19%
I would give them up if it saved 25 kids 1 1.19%
I would not give them up if it cost the lives of 1000 kids. 57 67.86%
Voters: 84. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-21-2012, 06:58 AM

1,229 posts, read 1,147,608 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapperJohn View Post
You have it backwards as usual. An armed population saves millions of lives.
Anecdotal statements thrown out with no evidence can be just as easily dismissed.

Would you give up your semi auto guns if you knew that it would save just one kids life?

Old 12-21-2012, 07:02 AM

3,168 posts, read 2,062,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by itlltickleurinnerds View Post
It only takes one simple question to fluster gun owners. This is why I love to shoot but hate gun people. They are for the most part Visceral idiots.

Would you give up your semi auto guns if you knew that it would save just one kids life?
Would you give up one item of clothing to feed one starving kid in Africa

Old 12-21-2012, 07:05 AM

46,289 posts, read 27,099,738 times
Quote:
When you dodge, when you attack, when you change the question it shows you are scared. What are you scared of? Tell you what I will wait, go get your AR AK what ever it is that make you forget your erectile dysfunction and hold it while you answer the question. LOL

When you ask a stupid one sided question.....you get stupid answers.....most learned that early in life...apperas you did not...

Old 12-21-2012, 07:06 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,624,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
Just like a whole bunch of polls right?
I have seen some biased polling here. They usually get removed by the MODS.

The OP's question is not logical.
It places me and my weapon as the cause of a death. That would indicate it was I who pulled the trigger.

Old 12-21-2012, 07:07 AM

10,092 posts, read 8,205,160 times
I think the Op's question is flawed. I could care less how many guns someone owns, and I don't think the semi automatic weapons themselves are the problem--it's the capacity of the magazine. If you have a large capacity magazine on a semi automatic weapon you might as well have a machine gun--automatic weapons ARE tightly regulated in this country. It's not legal to even hunt in Nebraska with anything more than six rounds. Maybe we need to tightly regulate the magazines, and require manufacturers to modify their designs so that people can't easily change out components in their guns themselves without having to actually machine the parts themselves. This is a complicated problem that's going to have to be approached from lots of different directions, and it's going to take someone smarter than me to figure it out, but I think we need to have a serious conversation in this country about what WILL make a difference. The last assault weapon ban didn't work because an elephant could walk through the loopholes, and the manufacturers just redesigned around the restrictions--the weapons used in most of the recent mass murders were all legal under the old ban. Hopefully this time we'll actually address the problem.

76,971 posts, read 47,629,107 times
Quote:
I see you can not understand the question or are you being obtusse on pourpose to divert the answer?

Let me see if I can put it in simple terms for you.

Your guns would not kill anyone, its not about your guns. Do you follow me so far?

But if a ban on semi autos that would not only take away your guns but a gun that would have killed on innocent child's life, see there, not your guns killing but someone else's gun killing but by giving up your guns in order to not allow a killer to have a gun that would there by save a child's life would you give up your gun. I hope that is simple enough for you to under stand. LMFAO.

Do you realize you just proved the point people have been making here: me giving up my guns will NOT save ANY lives. You said it yourself.

So, now that we both agree that giving up guns will not save any lives, the answer: NO, I will not give up my guns because it would not save any lives, and it would serve no purpose.

44,259 posts, read 64,365,577 times
I would give up nearly any material possession to save any child's life, stranger or not.

I'd give a hundred bucks right now to never have to hear stupid, illogical premises like the one on the op.

Old 12-21-2012, 07:09 AM

12,149 posts, read 8,418,303 times
Quote:

Nope. Not even one.

Old 12-21-2012, 07:11 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,624,265 times
The ignorance of mother nature is astounding.

You will never change the fact, that he who has the most strength, power and weapons, will control all others.

Deal with it.

You may cut your claws and become prey, but don't ask me to cut my claws.

Old 12-21-2012, 07:11 AM

1,229 posts, read 1,147,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapperJohn View Post
Nope. Not even one.
I am not judging your answer, its your feeling your answer. Thank you for at least answering without an attack. You had the stones to just say what you think.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies