Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How many kids would it have to save for you to give up your semi auto "assaulte" rifles
I would give them up if it saved one kid 25 29.76%
I would give them up if it saved 5 kids 1 1.19%
I would give them up if it saved 25 kids 1 1.19%
I would not give them up if it cost the lives of 1000 kids. 57 67.86%
Voters: 84. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-21-2012, 08:07 PM

266 posts, read 410,525 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DentalFloss View Post
Please.

Of course I would, but "well, it won't work". That's a fact.

Would you give up your antibiotics if it saved just one kids life?
See its that simple, yes or no. And your really comparing antibiotics to guns? So we'll use the same hypothetical premise "If giving up your antibiotics worked would you give them up to save 1 child?" Yes I would, that's a fairly easy answer.

Old 12-21-2012, 08:07 PM

1,229 posts, read 1,147,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
LOL LOL LOL LOL

Much breath has been wasted....the point is, you, the OP disagree with people who have proven you wrong....you were NOT able to prove your point, not back up your OP...

LOL LOL....
Jesus friggin Christ on Popsicle stick. Its an ethical question, its not a right or wrong or even a point question. How can I be proven wrong on an ethical question. WOW you take stupid to a new level.

Old 12-21-2012, 08:20 PM

694 posts, read 745,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eagles123 View Post
Can any of you guys read? The thread title is "Would you give up your semi auto if it saved 1 kids life". In other words "If gun control worked would you give up your weapons?" Where in there does it say argue if it's gonna work or not. He's saying "IF" it did work. It's a hypothetical question. I don't think gun control will work but that's not what this thread is about why don't you answer the question the OP presented instead of getting so defensive about guns.
The OP is worded as though, ONE gun is given up, not all. To answer THAT question, yes I would. ...this is still assuming the gun is the problem. Get rid of all guns and all killings would stop. I agree with you that gun control will not work.

Charles Sands

Old 12-21-2012, 08:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by itlltickleurinnerds View Post
Jesus friggin Christ on Popsicle stick. Its an ethical question, its not a right or wrong or even a point question. How can I be proven wrong on an ethical question. WOW you take stupid to a new level.
Lol somehow nobody sees that they just get real defensive about gun control.

"What's your favorite vacation spot?" "WHAT?!? you mean gun control?? it won't work and here's why...."

Personally, I don't think gun controls gonna work but this thread is just making people look stupid.

Old 12-21-2012, 08:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eagles123 View Post
Lol somehow nobody sees that they just get real defensive about gun control.

"What's your favorite vacation spot?" "WHAT?!? you mean gun control?? it won't work and here's why...."

Personally, I don't think gun controls gonna work but this thread is just making people look stupid.
No your syntax makes you look stupid. LOL

Old 12-21-2012, 08:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpsTN View Post
The OP is worded as though, ONE gun is given up, not all. To answer THAT question, yes I would. ...this is still assuming the gun is the problem. Get rid of all guns and all killings would stop. I agree with you that gun control will not work.

Charles Sands
The idea is not if one gun would save a life, its would you go along with a total ban if somehow you knew by what ever means that it would stop someone from getting a semi auto from somewhere and there by stop a shooting, and if not does the number of lives saved make your answer change? Its a pure ethical question like if you knew a man was going to die from cancer in three months but by pushing him off a bridge it stopped a bus from hitting a bunch of kids and there by saved their lifes would you push him off the bridge.

Many hear want to argue about what color the bus was. They show themselfs not able to abstract thinking. Idiots.

Old 12-21-2012, 08:32 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,268,118 times
Quote:
Would you give up your semi auto rifles, AKA assault rifles if it would save one kids life?

if not then if it saved 10 kids life? and if not is there a number you would give them up for?
I don't own an assault rifle and don't know what you mean but I wouldn't just give it up because Obama and Pelosi wanted it if I did.

Old 12-21-2012, 08:34 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,268,118 times
Quote:
You would not know my agenda if it fell from the sky on your face and started to wiggle. Scard to vote? The question is simple and I have no "agenda" but information. If you kenw that giving up your semi auto would save a kids life would you give them up? This is not saying that a ban would save one single life or a thousand. Its a question to see what the mentality and morality of gun owners is. I think your scard to answer the question or to see how gun owners will act.
Your poll questions point at an agenda to me and you say there is none. Sorry but I just can't accept that.

Old 12-21-2012, 08:36 PM

Quote:
No your syntax makes you look stupid. LOL
My syntax?

Old 12-21-2012, 08:37 PM

8,802 posts, read 8,898,352 times
Quote:
Would you give up your semi auto rifles, AKA assault rifles if it would save one kids life?

if not then if it saved 10 kids life? and if not is there a number you would give them up for?
I would give mine up to even save ONE kid, then buy another one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies