Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How many kids would it have to save for you to give up your semi auto "assaulte" rifles
I would give them up if it saved one kid 25 29.76%
I would give them up if it saved 5 kids 1 1.19%
I would give them up if it saved 25 kids 1 1.19%
I would not give them up if it cost the lives of 1000 kids. 57 67.86%
Voters: 84. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-21-2012, 05:56 AM

1,229 posts, read 1,147,530 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Now the truth comes out.....lol....what a troll...................

Whats your real resaon for this thread? Someone who really cared about kids would not wait till such tradgey happened to start threads like this....as you have
You are acting like Eric Cantor after the vote failed last night. Scard and nervous. Just answer the question. Its simple its just a simple ethical question. Would you push one fat person who was about to die in three weeks over a bridge if when he hit it stopped a run away bus and saved 20 kids?

So would you give up your semi autos if it saved one kids life?

Old 12-21-2012, 05:57 AM

23,173 posts, read 26,194,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by itlltickleurinnerds View Post
So what your saying is if it was your kids, or maybe your familys kids, you would give them up. If it was someone you could give a rats rear end about you would not give them up. Or is it if they are black or hispanic kids they are not worth what a white kid is worth. Come on give it up what is that sick point of view?
A bit quick on the trigger aren't you?
How do you know I'm not Black or Hispanic? Why'd you have to bring race into it?

Old 12-21-2012, 05:57 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,621,806 times
Quote:
Its a fair question but this is my post and my question start your own post.
You should have added that question to your poll to make is fair and balanced.

Old 12-21-2012, 05:58 AM

5,821 posts, read 5,303,363 times
Default Would you give up your semi auto if it saved 1 kids life?

Cars kill more kids than guns, so does alcohol, and cigarettes.
Will you stop driving, alcohol, and cigarettes?

BTW, I don't own a semi-auto, smoke, drink, or drive, so I am
way ahead of you.

Old 12-21-2012, 05:59 AM

54,494 posts, read 33,864,590 times
Quote:
So what your saying is if it was your kids, or maybe your familys kids, you would give them up. If it was someone you could give a rats rear end about you would not give them up. Or is it if they are black or hispanic kids they are not worth what a white kid is worth. Come on give it up what is that sick point of view?
This has nothingto do with race, giving up semi-auto weapons will not make any difference because criminals, of any race, will still be able to get them. Part of the problem is the back market. Dangerous narcotics are illegal to obtain yet drug dealers are making fortunes on the black market, now what does that tell you?

Old 12-21-2012, 05:59 AM

6,897 posts, read 4,751,657 times
Quote:
Would you give up your semi auto rifles, AKA assault rifles if it would save one kids life?

if not then if it saved 10 kids life? and if not is there a number you would give them up for?
This is a loaded question.

Old 12-21-2012, 06:00 AM

10,092 posts, read 8,204,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
It should always be talked about.....that's what you people on the left DON'T do.....you wait until something like this happens and then it's talked about......

Who said, never let a tradgey go to waste? Sums up this thread also....
I think the "no guns ever" people are one faction, but tragedies like this tend to move the issue to the front burner with the rest of the country, and that creates the political will to get something done--it's not opportunistic. It's ridiculous to talk about taking away someone's shotgun or hunting rifle, but as for the rest--I'd like to know why some people think a high capacity mag is necessary.

Old 12-21-2012, 06:00 AM

46,278 posts, read 27,093,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
You should have added that question to your poll to make is fair and balanced.
That's not what the OP wants.....they want it there way or nothing....

Old 12-21-2012, 06:02 AM

14,483 posts, read 11,280,665 times
Quote:
I see a lot of people trying desperatly not to answer the question. I think that is because you will not give up one bullet if it would save ten kids lives and you just don't want to say it because you know it will make you look hartless. I am not going to judge you. I think your doing that by yourselfs by not answering the question.
How's this: I would use my semi to shoot the mutha-effer who was making me make that choice.

Old 12-21-2012, 06:05 AM

46,278 posts, read 27,093,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mb1547 View Post
I think the "no guns ever" people are one faction, but tragedies like this tend to move the issue to the front burner with the rest of the country, and that creates the political will to get something done--it's not opportunistic. It's ridiculous to talk about taking away someone's shotgun or hunting rifle, but as for the rest--I'd like to know why some people think a high capacity mag is necessary.
BS....how many children died in Chicago this year because of gun fire?

Where was the fire then? Where was all these people screaming then....oh, that's right....they did not care then....

Sorry, but this fake rage gets pretty ignorant at times....just look at all the threads here on C-D....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies