Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How many kids would it have to save for you to give up your semi auto "assaulte" rifles
I would give them up if it saved one kid 25 29.76%
I would give them up if it saved 5 kids 1 1.19%
I would give them up if it saved 25 kids 1 1.19%
I would not give them up if it cost the lives of 1000 kids. 57 67.86%
Voters: 84. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-21-2012, 06:27 AM

4,300 posts, read 4,406,723 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by itlltickleurinnerds View Post
All your questions are valid ethical questions but cars and knives are not at the center of the debate and this is why you are trying to avoid the question by diversion.

Would you give up your semi auto guns if you knew that it would save just one kids life?
My answer would be the same as yours if the question would be any of the others I posed. I don't own a semi-auto, but I own pistols and a shotgun. In that school setting, the pistol would have been the more effecient weapon - not the AR-15 (which is more of an outdoor/urban weapon). The tragedy at Sandy Hook could have been averted with either proper mental health treatment and/or a good gun safe/trigger locks (and the mother's willingness to use them both). Banning the semi-auto would have still killed all those children.

40,952 posts, read 49,155,879 times
Quote:
Would you give up your semi auto rifles, AKA assault rifles if it would save one kids life?
My deer rifle and shotgun are both Semi-Automatic, not aka assault rifles. You need to learn what a semi-automatic really is since 80% of the guns sold in the 50 years are SA.

Would you give up your automatic transmission car because a drunk driver killed a family of 5 ? Your stick shift car can do just as much damage. An automatic transmission car is comparable to a semi-automatic weapon. It does not make your car any more dangerous than a standard operating car or weapon.

You might argue limiting high capacity magazines much better. But then I would have 5 that hold 10 cartridges pre-loaded so even that argument fails.

1,229 posts, read 1,147,094 times
As I expected from NRA members, dodge twist and divert. Anything but talk about guns. This is what I bet 10k that the NRA will do today, Our sympathy is with the familys bla bla bla Video games and TV bla bla bal Hollywood bla bla bal violent RAP music bla bal bla, divert divert divert. Mental health bla bla bal.

Would you give up your semi auto guns if you knew that it would save just one kids life?

Old 12-21-2012, 06:29 AM

46,259 posts, read 27,074,383 times
Quote:
As I expected from NRA members, dodge twist and divert. Anything but talk about guns. This is what I bet 10k that the NRA will do today, Our sympathy is with the familys bla bla bla Video games and TV bla bla bal Hollywood bla bla bal violent RAP music bla bal bla, divert divert divert. Mental health bla bla bal.

Haha....your question has been answered, but yet you refuse to believe it....your thread is a failure, but you knew that....it was your agenda....to show how bad guns (aka semiauto weapons are)....

How does it feel to fail in life?

Did anyone say they were NRA members? Nawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww, you don't have an agenda...............

Old 12-21-2012, 06:29 AM

24,488 posts, read 41,124,502 times
Quote:
Not the question of if you give up your semi auto in a ban that you would have shot a kid, the question is if a ban on them would stop someone from getting a semi auto and thus saved one kids life. So quit dodging the question like a school girl not wanting to admit she likes boys.

Rephrase the question and use grammar so it can actually be understood. Who starts a sentence with "Not"?

Old 12-21-2012, 06:30 AM

1,229 posts, read 1,147,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
My deer rifle and shotgun are both Semi-Automatic, not aka assault rifles. You need to learn what a semi-automatic really is since 80% of the guns sold in the 50 years are SA.

Would you give up your automatic transmission car because a drunk driver killed a family of 5 ? Your stick shift car can do just as much damage. An automatic transmission car is comparable to a semi-automatic weapon. It does not make your car any more dangerous than a standard operating car or weapon.

You might argue limiting high capacity magazines much better. But then I would have 5 that hold 10 cartridges pre-loaded so even that argument fails.
You are arguing symantics. You can argue in a debate that if you give up semi autos you exempt guns that have a fixed boxmag that hold no more than 5 rounds for deer hunting bla bla bal.

Old 12-21-2012, 06:31 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,596,242 times
Quote:
Would you give up your semi auto rifles, AKA assault rifles if it would save one kids life?

if not then if it saved 10 kids life? and if not is there a number you would give them up for?

My weapon would have to be the one involved with me at the trigger, for your scenario to pan out.

Is this one of those catch all questions, that directs pollers to the answer you want chosen.

Old 12-21-2012, 06:31 AM

22,974 posts, read 26,996,167 times
Quote:
Cell phones and cars did not shoot 26 people last week so the question is a valid one.

And neither did a semi auto rifle, a PERSON shot 26 people. He just chose that particular tool to do so instead of the tools chosen by the person in China last week. Same result though, several people dead.

Old 12-21-2012, 06:32 AM

1,487 posts, read 1,706,650 times
I'm too pro-life to think that banning, "that which is proven to take life", should be banned.

Old 12-21-2012, 06:32 AM

22,974 posts, read 26,996,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
My weapon would have to be the one involved with me at the trigger, for your scenario to pan out.

Is this one of those catch all questions, that directs pollers to the answer you want chosen.
Just like a whole bunch of polls right?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies