Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-21-2012, 11:44 AM

691 posts, read 771,302 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
If he had said that initial and ongoing annual license and gun taxation should be used to fund such security, it might have a tad of credibility.

One armed officer friendly in each school does not cut the mustard. Such an officer would have been the first victim one week ago, today assuming he was not in the bathroom with his pants down around his ankles.

You are not going to sneek up on an armed security guard who is on duty. The security office will have cameras and alarm bells in every building.

We are not talking about "Officer Tackleberry" from the Police Academy movies.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-21-2012, 11:46 AM

3,740 posts, read 3,070,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tampaite View Post
What an absurd idea!

Link: [URL]http://www.newsdaily.com/stories/bre8bk0s5-us-usa-guns-nra/[/URL]

Why not send children to prison instead - that's what we will be doing by turning schools into prison camps and then what, post police officers at malls, movie theaters, hospitals, colleges, universities etc because someone can shoot several people in any of those places..eventually, having police everywhere will turn USA into Egypt where military is everywhere(Once we have police everywhere, there is no freedom!!!)

This is no joking matter - you only have to visit other countries where military and police have taken over all locations and see what kinda freedom you would have
When you said "What an absurd idea" you obviously were referringto what you were about to say?

Old 12-21-2012, 11:46 AM

16,545 posts, read 13,451,300 times
You Lefties are so off the reservation it is a disgrace. I see you guys think children aren't worth protecting like merchandise in a store. That's pretty pathetic. And as far as the security protocol in place at Sandy Hook, whoever thought of that is a complete moron. Having non bulletproof glass next a locked door to keep gunman out was a BRILLIANT idea!

Old 12-21-2012, 11:47 AM

20,718 posts, read 19,360,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tampaite View Post
What an absurd idea!

Link: NewsDaily: Analysis: NRA tries to seize initiative on gun debate

Why not send children to prison instead - that's what we will be doing by turning schools into prison camps and then what, post police officers at malls, movie theaters, hospitals, colleges, universities etc because someone can shoot several people in any of those places..eventually, having police everywhere will turn USA into Egypt where military is everywhere(Once we have police everywhere, there is no freedom!!!)

This is no joking matter - you only have to visit other countries where military and police have taken over all locations and see what kinda freedom you would have
They do protect schools now.

See those armed men at the school?

Are you just entirely separated from reality? Your entire premise is that we don't use guns to protect children when quite clearly that is what we do 5 minutes after some are already dead.

Why can't people actually comprehend the reality? I don't know because I was not born with the bias to belief in comforting lies. Why do you compare proposals as if we don't use guns to protect children now?

Seems like every other post comes down to an argument against fictitious and idealistic fantasies. I admit sometimes realistic arguments don't look good against Willy Wonka candy factories and liberal cream puff dream lands. All I can do is make mud pies with reality. I think 75% of the posts in this forum do not even begin with a remotely accurate premise.

There is no such thing as a world without weapons or guns. The debate is political centralization or decentralization of weapons or guns. I say political because the actual centralization of guns is not typically the same.

8,982 posts, read 10,461,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Army Soldier View Post
What the NRA proposed is absolutely brilliant.
Only if they agree to pay for it.

2,238 posts, read 1,443,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColonelStraker View Post
What makes you think they would be government employees?

Bring back the Pinkertons!!!!

Ahh I see so you want to spend more money and scare more people rather than actually fix the problem in the first place. Ok please don't ever tell me your fiscally conservative your not, your just like the big spender GWB and the rest of the big spending party formerly known as REPUBLICANS

Old 12-21-2012, 11:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pch1013 View Post
Only if they agree to pay for it.
Then the Democratic party needs to pay for ID's so their supporters can vote right? Schools will have to find the money, the unions will have to give some and free up some budget money for this purpose. It's ok to have failed teachers on board that can't be fired, but no money for security? You sound like Hillary Clinton here.

Old 12-21-2012, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadSpeak View Post
Ahh I see so you want to spend more money and scare more people rather than actually fix the problem in the first place. Ok please don't ever tell me your fiscally conservative your not, your just like the big spender GWB and the rest of the big spending party formerly known as REPUBLICANS
What the heck are you talking about?! The money can come from firing failed teachers and hiring security. If the teachers union members were REALLY all for the kids, they would be for this.

Old 12-21-2012, 11:51 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,147,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColonelStraker View Post
What makes you think they would be government employees?

Bring back the Pinkertons!!!!
I think Halliburton and/or Blackwater already have the contract sewn up....paid for with your taxes...

Old 12-21-2012, 11:53 AM

2,238 posts, read 1,443,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
What the heck are you talking about?! The money can come from firing failed teachers and hiring security. If the teachers union members were REALLY all for the kids, they would be for this.

ah ok so fire teachers and hire more security ?? So are the security professionals going to teach history and english ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies