U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-21-2012, 01:09 PM

17,619 posts, read 23,786,850 times

Advertisements

Anyone with a welder could make a 30 round magazine out of a ten rounder.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-21-2012, 01:10 PM

2,665 posts, read 2,359,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by staywarm2 View Post
By then Lanza would already have shot a bunch of kids.
Maybe. But maybe not. By insuring nobody on campus was armed, his shooting a bunch of kids was a sure thing.

Quote:
And who says the principal would be that good a shot, given the tension of the situation.
Again, there is no guarantee that, even had my scenario played out, things would have ended differently. However, there is a chance it would have. At the risk of being repetitive, the status quo guarantees that it ends as it did. It would have been better if those kids had a chance, even with no guarantees.

Old 12-21-2012, 02:24 PM

33,415 posts, read 29,812,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtc08 View Post
nothing about clip size or assault weapons. all they want is more and more and more and more guns.
your post indicates you know NOTHING about firearms.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostInHouston View Post
So you're ok with the elimination of all laws related to guns and weapons? All weapons of war should be fully available to the civilian populace? Convicts, mentally unstable, children should all freely be able to walk in and buy shoulder fired rocket launchers?
we have already given a lot. we have accepted backgrounds checks, and the requirement of permits for concealed carry, and that requires classes and the ability to actually be able to shoot in most states. the rest of your post is hogwash. we dont want guns in the hands of those who are criminals, mentally unstable, or underage(without adult supervision). and how many people can afford an RPG, or other rocket launcher?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vejadu View Post
Assault weapons is a vague term that is used to inspire fear in anti-gun nuts. It inspires scary images of fully-automatic machine guns with belt-fed magazines. Clip size is irrelevant, as if it takes much time to reload when there is no armed or threatening opposition.

This is about our 2nd amendment rights being threatened, because it won't end. Ban semi-automatic rifles and shotguns and someone will go on a shooting rampage with handguns instead. Then the calls for banning handguns will start to pour in. At what point do we draw the line? At what point will anti-gun proponents be satisfied? When we're back to using 6 shot revolvers? When there are no guns available to the public at all?
absolutely right!! its called incrementalism. first its those "evil" black rifles that look like military weapons. then its, well you dont need a 30 caliber or larger bullet. then its, we need to get back to the days of the constitution where the people only had muzzle loading black powder rifles. then its, you dont need firearms really do you? and by that time the law abiding citizens have given up their firearms, and their rights are then essentially gone, and we become subjects rather than citizens.

and if you dont believe me, lets look at another legal product that has been attacked over the decades, and that is tobacco. first it was, we just want to print warnings on the packages, then it was we want stronger warnings, then its you cant smoke on an airplane, then you cant smoke in public buildings, then its we are going to tax the hell out of tobacco products but its for anti smoking education programs. now its you cant smoke within 20ft of the door to a building. and soon its going to be, you cant smoke in your own home or car, and eventually its going to be you cant smoke anywhere.

when does it stop? at what point does the public in general rise up and tell the government, and the progressives, enough is enough? understand, these things are not about making people healthier, or making people safer, its about control of the people by the government elites.

Old 12-21-2012, 02:28 PM

12,152 posts, read 7,606,909 times
Quote:
nothing about clip size or assault weapons. all they want is more and more and more and more guns.
Kinda like abortion. Don't like abortion? Don't have one.

Old 12-21-2012, 02:45 PM

30,416 posts, read 18,155,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LostInHouston View Post
So you're ok with the elimination of all laws related to guns and weapons? All weapons of war should be fully available to the civilian populace? Convicts, mentally unstable, children should all freely be able to walk in and buy shoulder fired rocket launchers?
Liberals never fail to make themselves look ridiculous. I think the Second Amendment refers to guns.

Old 12-21-2012, 09:19 PM

9,485 posts, read 8,133,832 times
Default Totally Different from Guns

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapperJohn View Post
Kinda like abortion. Don't like abortion? Don't have one.
It's not the same. You're comparing apples to oranges. If someone else has an abortion it can't hurt me or my family in any way. If someone has a gun, they can wound or kill me or my family. Same with smoking. A smoker's second hand smoke can affect my health.

Old 12-21-2012, 09:30 PM

919 posts, read 1,770,579 times
Why should I "give" anything up to apease those that dont like guns and cant understand reality. My guns are safely locked up. Except for the one I carry. I have not committed a crime. LEAVE ME AND MINE ALONE. Do I have to swear, or throw a rock at you to understand, I am fedup with all this control BS you people think I need to submit to. GO AWAY, find a punk gangbager and take there guns first.

Old 12-21-2012, 09:34 PM

14,131 posts, read 28,557,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidkaos2 View Post
There's nothing to give. The right of the people shall not be infringed is what it says. It doesn't say it shall only be infringed a little bit. It says shall not be infringed.
Isn't it already infringed? What about the 1934 and 1968 gun control acts? Those should serve as a model for new legislation as they've withstood judicial scrutiny.

Old 12-22-2012, 12:31 AM

16,876 posts, read 13,877,499 times
Quote:

I wont, there are already too many gun laws, laws that states and the feds refuse to even follow. why do we need more feelgood laws when goverment wont even follow the laws they currently have in the books.

also, if you want to see the laws against assault rifles, look up NFA34 to see that law and how it already covers assault rifles.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies