Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-21-2012, 04:17 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,838,702 times

Advertisements

I say lets disband those who kill baies first then we might think about other organizatons.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-21-2012, 04:20 PM

922 posts, read 1,908,618 times
Default To the OP

I am an NRA memeber also the GOA. All my guns are locked in a safe. Except the one I carry everywhere. Some of them are the type you find scary. They have not been used in a crime. I have used a gun to defend the innocent before and I know I would die for children. So you want to disband groups of people that are for self defense and gun responsibility. NO, I wont let you. As Mr Heston said "from my cold dead hands"

Old 12-21-2012, 04:36 PM

5,738 posts, read 5,442,133 times
I dislike the NRA, but they're nothing special. They're just a typical overpowered interest group. Let's get rid of them all.

Old 12-21-2012, 04:46 PM

1,291 posts, read 2,894,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark6052 View Post
I am an NRA memeber also the GOA. All my guns are locked in a safe. Except the one I carry everywhere. Some of them are the type you find scary. They have not been used in a crime. I have used a gun to defend the innocent before and I know I would die for children. So you want to disband groups of people that are for self defense and gun responsibility. NO, I wont let you. As Mr Heston said "from my cold dead hands"
+1

I finally signed up for a concealed carry class. I've been putting it off for years but this
convinced me to get it done. You never know you may run into some whack job from the
City Data forum someday.

Old 12-21-2012, 05:18 PM

59,029 posts, read 27,290,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mayhem_223 View Post
This pro-gun right wing union needs to go.

The NRA represents the worst in fanatical single issue ideologically extreme special interest groups. They thrive by promoting fear and paranoia. Every massacre of children increases gun sales for their donors. Today at conference, they were distracting public from talking about gun laws by blaming massacre on Hollywood, video games and instead talked about hiring more armed security guards on tax payer's money. An ideal business opportunity to boost more gun sales for their donors! The same right wing propagandizers discourage from talking about stricter gun control, funding mental health programs and ignore bullying that goes in schools and colleges that really do contribute to violence a lot more than movies.
Let's ban people who aren't tolerant of others whom they disagree with.

Old 12-21-2012, 05:24 PM

16,431 posts, read 22,194,526 times
Ban the ACLU!!

Old 12-21-2012, 05:30 PM

389 posts, read 920,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by It'sAutomatic View Post
I dislike the NRA, but they're nothing special. They're just a typical overpowered interest group. Let's get rid of them all.
+1.

They're overpowered political class, they do not represent just gun hobby for sure. The fact that they spoke today about more guns in school in response to gun tragedies in nation speaks for itself. They are as fanatics as those libertarians who believe we don't need government at all.

They promote obsession with gun ownership. They back it up with reasons either for antique collection or self defense. It can't be used for antique collection if you can buy ammo for this and someday use it. For self defense, it's BS. You're more likely to die from your own hands or hands of family. Only gangsters "need it" for "self defense" against outsiders like drug dealers. Guns are not the best answer for self-defense.

Old 12-21-2012, 05:32 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,520,724 times
How about we just ignore the NRA?

Old 12-21-2012, 05:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wjtwet View Post
you are free to believe what you want in this country you are free to state your belief .Your belief is not backed up by any statement any action that the NRA has ever done.
No organization is gonna back up facts to incriminate themselves. NRA doesn't stand for truth

Old 12-21-2012, 05:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
No it is not false. I believe the sole purpose of the NRA is not to protect the 2nd Amendment. What they say and what they do are 2 different things. Today they said they would come to the table to bring about ways to end gun violence in schools --- and their solution was more guns in more schools. Who is that going to benefit? The students? -- probably not, given that there was an armed security guard at Columbine. The gun manufacturers---yes.
Your absolutely right. You can stop a whaco with other short term measures that stop him but doesn't kill him like enhanced security at entrance or electroconducting paralyzingly pistols. And there are better long term alternatives like education, proactive mental professional help to people who think about hurting others. Guns certainly benefit manufacturers and gun business but not the society. It only gives illusion of safety to some but arming society is not answer to increased gun violence. The answer is to stop weed from growing on neighbors grass before it gets to our own backyard. We need to look out after each other not just ourselves. We need to promote peace and harmony not arms race tension between ourselves.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies