U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-21-2012, 01:12 PM

3,078 posts, read 3,984,852 times

Advertisements

I can see why people are antsy, but cripes once they saw that he had a sack full of candy canes, why didn't they drop the suspension then and there? What is the lesson the kids will take away from this?

Student
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-21-2012, 01:15 PM

1,242 posts, read 3,078,498 times
Our county is just stupid.

No reason to have been suspended, none

Old 12-21-2012, 01:17 PM

We have a county thats scared out of their minds because of the left wing and media. When they cant comprehend that stepping outside to commute to work puts them at far more risk of death. You are darn close better off winning the lotto jackpot then having been shot in a mass murder situation.

Old 12-21-2012, 01:23 PM

488 posts, read 500,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrugalYankee View Post
HS Student dresses up as Santa to surprise his friends - gets suspended
No, he was suspended for writing "Students of cchs ur in for a big surprise tomorrow" on his Facebook wall. I think the concern over a vague comment like that is reasonable. However, I think his suspension should have been lifted as soon as was determined there was no cause for concern.

Quote:
We have a county thats scared out of their minds because of the left wing and media. When they cant comprehend that stepping outside to commute to work puts them at far more risk of death. You are darn close better off winning the lotto jackpot then having been shot in a mass murder situation.
Yet, I bet you would be bitching had they done nothing and he came to school and killed two dozen students and teachers.

Old 12-21-2012, 01:36 PM

3,049 posts, read 2,071,203 times
What if the ccandy canes had been laced with poison?

Old 12-21-2012, 01:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildbill80 View Post
No, he was suspended for writing "Students of cchs ur in for a big surprise tomorrow" on his Facebook wall. I think the concern over a vague comment like that is reasonable. However, I think his suspension should have been lifted as soon as was determined there was no cause for concern.

Yet, I bet you would be bitching had they done nothing and he came to school and killed two dozen students and teachers.
Like always, freedom is risky. A call to the parents maybe. Parents would have found out what he was up to and problem solved.

Old 12-21-2012, 01:43 PM

86,068 posts, read 77,200,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildbill80 View Post

Well egg on their face..it turned out to be a big surprise when "Santa" showed up.
Kids can't even be kids anymore. A pathetic state of America is what you are witnessing.

And no, it's not "reasonable" to think he had evil intentions.
But that is what we have come to.
A kid saying he has a surprise is now meant to say "I'm going to shoot you all down".

But he didn't show up with a gun. And rather than apologize they stuck to their guns.
At least the school should admit they're wrong and take away any punishment.

Old 12-22-2012, 12:52 AM

488 posts, read 500,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
And no, it's not "reasonable" to think he had evil intentions.
But that is what we have come to.
A kid saying he has a surprise is now meant to say "I'm going to shoot you all down".
I must have forgotten what I wrote... let me read it over again: "I think the concern over a vague comment like that is reasonable." Funny, I didn't seem to mention "evil intentions", or say his comments meant he was going to shoot everybody down. I stand by my statement it is reasonable to be concerned, and responsible to look into to determine the intent of the vague message. Once they determined there was no cause for concern it should have ended there.

Quote:
But he didn't show up with a gun. And rather than apologize they stuck to their guns.
At least the school should admit they're wrong and take away any punishment.
I agree 100%. The kid didn't do anything wrong and his suspension should have been lifted. It's probably more of the same zero tolerance/zero thinking crap that goes on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies