Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-22-2012, 08:58 AM

1,684 posts, read 1,185,342 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Widowmaker2k View Post
I have no problem with Ted's point of view, but we can't be flippant about gun rights. Rights are rights, and we need to press home the fact that the vast majority of gun owners don't brag about, show off, or even demonstrate their firearms. We keep them peaceably and quietly.

Here is my favorite quote from Frederick Douglas, and I think it applies to gun owners as much as it did Black Americans in the reconstruction era:

That pretty much sums up how I feel about gun rights and gun owners. We know that law abiding gun owners stop/prevent crime. We know that an armed nation is far safer than an unarmed nation. We know that guns aren't the problem. We don't need to stand up and act like belligerent children, that's what the Piers Morgans of the world do. We're better than that. We know we are in the right here. History will bear this out. If the Liberals would simply leave us alone we could demonstrate that. If all else fails, we have the Second Amendment safeguarding our firearms rights, and a court system that increasingly rules in favor of gun owners.
I don't....then again I'm not the "quiet" type either.

Ted Nugent - Stranglehold (Motor City Mayhem) - YouTube

Intro MGM Lion - YouTube

Leo explained - All About the zodiac sun sign Leo!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-22-2012, 11:00 AM

11,143 posts, read 10,709,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
An opinion on gun control

I didn’t want to post about this, because frankly, it is exhausting. I’ve been having this exact same argument for my entire adult life. It is not an exaggeration when I say that I know pretty much exactly every single thing an anti-gun person can say. I’ve heard it over and over, the same old tired stuff, trotted out every single time there is a tragedy on the news that can be milked. Yet, I got sucked in, and I’ve spent the last few days arguing with people who either mean well but are uninformed about gun laws and how guns actually work (who I don’t mind at all), or the willfully ignorant (who I do mind), or the obnoxiously stupid who are completely incapable of any critical thinking deeper than a Facebook meme (them, I can’t stand).

An opinion on gun control « Monster Hunter Nation

a very long read, but well worth it. I dont think many will actually read it tho, especially those that are in favor of more gun control.
I read this article first thing this morning after someone linked it on Facebook. Quite possibly the most well thought out essay on the subject that I have read so far. I've since sent it on to several people who have said the same thing about it. Definitely worth the read, especially for those that need some basic information about firearms.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies