Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you support a back ground check transfer on all private sales of guns
It if would save one childs life I would support closing the gun show loop hole 15 42.86%
If it would save 50 children I would support closing the gun show loop hole. 2 5.71%
No, My freedom to by and sell is more important than kids lives. 13 37.14%
No I don't think criminals get guns in private sales that are not checked. 5 14.29%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-22-2012, 10:54 AM

1,229 posts, read 1,142,984 times

Advertisements

We did a what if on baning guns, but would you as a gun owner go along with closing the loop hole that allows people to buy and sell guns in private transactions without any back ground check? The so called gun show loop hole. If the new regulation would not ban any guns or gun sales but to people who do not pass a back ground check? Would you go along with this if it would save one childs life?

Old 12-22-2012, 11:07 AM

1,684 posts, read 1,180,135 times
Default Here is your loop hole

1. How do I obtain a classification from ATF for my “potato gun?”
  2. Q: To whom may an unlicensed person transfer firearms under the GCA?
A person may sell a firearm to an unlicensed resident of his State, if he does not know or have reasonable cause to believe the person is prohibited from receiving or possessing firearms under Federal law. A person may loan or rent a firearm to a resident of any State for temporary use for lawful sporting purposes, if he does not know or have reasonable cause to believe the person is prohibited from receiving or possessing firearms under Federal law. A person may sell or transfer a firearm to a licensee in any State. However, a firearm other than a curio or relic may not be transferred interstate to a licensed collector.
[18 U.S.C. 922(a)(3) and (5), 922(d), 27 CFR 478.29 and 478.30]
Q: From whom may an unlicensed person acquire a firearm under the GCA?A person may only acquire a firearm within the person’s own State, except that he or she may purchase or otherwise acquire a rifle or shotgun, in person, at a licensee’s premises in any State, provided the sale complies with State laws applicable in the State of sale and the State where the purchaser resides. A person may borrow or rent a firearm in any State for temporary use for lawful sporting purposes.
[18 U.S.C. 922(a)(3) and (5), 922(b)(3), 27 CFR 478.29 and 478.30]
Q: May an unlicensed person obtain a firearm from an out-of-State source if the person arranges to obtain the firearm through a licensed dealer in the purchaser’s own State?A person not licensed under the GCA and not prohibited from acquiring firearms may purchase a firearm from an out-of-State source and obtain the firearm if an arrangement is made with a licensed dealer in the purchaser’s State of residence for the purchaser to obtain the firearm from the dealer.
[18 U.S.C. 922(a)(3) and 922(b)(3)]
Q: May an unlicensed person obtain ammunition from an out-of-State source?Yes, provided he or she is not a person prohibited from possessing or receiving ammunition.
[18 U.S.C. 922(g) and (n)]
Q: Are there certain persons who cannot legally receive or possess firearms and/or ammunition?Yes, a person who —
  1. Has been convicted in any court of a crime punishable by imprisonment for a term exceeding 1 year;
  2. Is a fugitive from justice;
  3. Is an unlawful user of or addicted to any controlled substance;
  4. Has been adjudicated as a mental defective or has been committed to a mental institution;
  5. Is an alien illegally or unlawfully in the United States or an alien admitted to the United States under a nonimmigrant visa;
  6. Has been discharged from the Armed Forces under dishonorable conditions;
  7. Having been a citizen of the United States, has renounced his or her citizenship;
  8. Is subject to a court order that restrains the person from harassing, stalking, or threatening an intimate partner or child of such intimate partner; or
  9. Has been convicted of a misdemeanor crime of domestic violence
  10. Cannot lawfully receive, possess, ship, or transport a firearm.
A person who is under indictment or information for a crime punishable by imprisonment for a term exceeding 1 year cannot lawfully receive a firearm.
Such person may continue to lawfully possess firearms obtained prior to the indictment or information.
[18 U.S.C. 922(g) and (n), 27 CFR 478.32]

There isn't one......

Old 12-22-2012, 11:42 AM

You can go down to the corner and buy crack too. ^^ It still isn't legal.

Under age? NO

Felon? NO

Not from this State? NO

On or addicted to drugs? NO

Any reason that you cannot purchace from an FFL? NO

Just because guys without background checks doesn't mean they are ALL prohibitted buyers.

Old 12-22-2012, 11:43 AM

23,155 posts, read 26,059,920 times
You didn't learn on damn thing from your last dumb poll, did you?
Why not just ask for opinions on whether or not private gun sales should be prohibited?

Old 12-22-2012, 11:44 AM

Nice pic of FFL dealers tables as well.

Private sellers don't use cable systems and have that many for sale.

Old 12-22-2012, 11:48 AM

3,168 posts, read 2,053,338 times
People are allowed to sell their property. How hard is this to understand?

Old 12-22-2012, 11:49 AM

41,815 posts, read 50,806,627 times
I'll support background checks for all firearms under the following conditions, A)private sales between individuals are not hindered in any way and B)the cost is no more than to cover expenses for the government.

Old 12-22-2012, 11:50 AM

563 posts, read 804,529 times
Did you just not post a similar thread a few days ago? I do not see what you are trying to get us to see with these threads. This is almost considered trolling.

Old 12-22-2012, 11:56 AM

19,023 posts, read 25,875,804 times
After abortion is made illegal again, I will think about gun law more, but not until after we have done something that works about the mentally ill.

By the way please place links to illegal buys in the back room of a gun show which is monitored by BATFE and cops, where any guns were used in crimes.

You are the worst type of gun owner who feels he is above the other gun owners and while it is FINE for you to have your guns, it isn't FINE for anyone else. That makes you worse than common gun grabbers..

I hope one day your guns are confiscated.

Old 12-22-2012, 12:16 PM

10,553 posts, read 9,606,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
I'll support background checks for all firearms under the following conditions, A)private sales between individuals are not hindered in any way and B)the cost is no more than to cover expenses for the government.
Why would you want unhindered private sales of guns?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies