Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-22-2012, 05:33 PM

768 posts, read 879,851 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Must be why Britain has more than 4 times more violent crimes per capita, than the USA does.
Thats probably more because of a heavy drinking culture. Go into any small town upwards and there will be multiple fights every fri/sat night. Hey, maybe thats because they know theyre unlikely to get shot!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-22-2012, 05:34 PM

54 posts, read 87,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Must be why Britain has more than 4 times more violent crimes per capita, than the USA does.

pardon me, sir. Do you have a link to these stats?

Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 27 days ago)

27,646 posts, read 16,129,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
Maybe if her parents had been more involved in their daughters life and not let her go to school with a stupid political t-shirt, none of this would have happened. But I bet her parents probably encouraged her to wear it.
They obviously were involved in her life, hence the RR shirt. Lets put blame where it really belongs. Stupid teacher.

16,880 posts, read 15,196,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Me007gold View Post
Maybe if the teacher would teach, and not try to stuff her agenda down her students throat it wouldn't have happened either. I hope she wins,(I would say the same thing if a Pro Romney teacher told a student to remove an Obama shirt). It's the job of the teacher to teach and that's it.

all the more reason to take federal goverment out of state ran schools and make all schools private.

Old 12-22-2012, 05:35 PM

15,823 posts, read 12,463,404 times
She's lucky the teacher didn't have a gun.

Old 12-22-2012, 05:51 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,617,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by catsavior View Post
pardon me, sir. Do you have a link to these stats?

It was discussed in a previous thread.

Do a google.

2034 per 100,000 in Britain, compared to 466 per capita USA.
Robberies, burglaries and rape, are almost accepted in Britain, if you look at the stats.

Something is said for fear of being shot to death.

But then again, 9 times more kids are killed by medical malpractice, than kids that die by guns.
Another thread, here.

Old 12-22-2012, 05:51 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,669,981 times
Quote:
Maybe if the teacher would teach, and not try to stuff her agenda down her students throat it wouldn't have happened either. I hope she wins,(I would say the same thing if a Pro Romney teacher told a student to remove an Obama shirt). It's the job of the teacher to teach and that's it.
You need to make up your mind.

She wasn't teaching. She was campaigning for 0boy. Why should she win?

I hope she loses and never teaches or holds any job again. She deserves to pay for her stupidity.

Old 12-22-2012, 05:59 PM

1,262 posts, read 1,301,518 times
Default how about a little of the other shoe..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post

I hope she loses and never teaches or holds any job again. She deserves to pay for her stupidity.

Yes, that's fair, she shpuld pay for the rest of her life. Nice.

On the other hand other teachers and schools are supposed to get a free pass if they teach creationism and there are prayers before football games?

There are plenty of over the top actions on the extreme left AND right.

Old 12-22-2012, 06:06 PM

5,251 posts, read 14,246,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post

She meaning the student, not the teacher......
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beaconowner View Post
Yes, that's fair, she shpuld pay for the rest of her life. Nice.

On the other hand other teachers and schools are supposed to get a free pass if they teach creationism and there are prayers before football games?

There are plenty of over the top actions on the extreme left AND right.
Teaching and being intolerant of others views are two different thing. The teacher deserves to be fired

Old 12-22-2012, 06:18 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,669,981 times
Quote:
She meaning the student, not the teacher......
OK, when you referenced the teacher then said you hope she wins in the next sentence, same paragraph, I misunderstood what you were saying. Thank you for clarifying.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies