Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-23-2012, 03:49 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,192,597 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
So just WHERE in our Constitution is it stated that freedom of speech is only granted to US citizens in the US?

Or is just that one of your fantasies is people should only be given the freedom to say what you want to hear?
Where in my post did I mention freedom of speech? Another leaner attempt at changing the subject?

Can I say things about people like Morgan that you don't like so you bring up the freedom of speech? Don't bother to answer since I now what you would say if you are a bit truthful.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-23-2012, 03:51 PM

18,665 posts, read 19,921,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
If Morgan would allow his guests to exercise their 1st Amendment rights it would be better. Of course, you have heard him operate, it seems.
He does. Like any other guests, they are to respond to the questions of the host. The host of every show guides the questions to be asked and answered. Not the guest, on any show, on any network.

Old 12-23-2012, 03:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
Tere is a online petition to send him home to the UK where they don't want him by the way...

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/pet...HD#thank-you=p

Just a few more signatures needed..
Thanks. I checked into that one and found that it was over 25,000. Ain't it grand?

Old 12-23-2012, 03:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
What we have here is one more neo-con who doesn't like the message so he wants censorship. It's all over this board in the last week. Morgan speaks out against guns and all the pro-gun LaPierre sheep want him to go away.

Wow, Roy. Whatever happened to the First Amendment? Because according to you and LaPierre and the other LaPierre sheep there is no First Amendment. The Bill of Rights just skips right to the second. Ummmmm...... Nope!!

Cope. Pull up the big boy pants and deal with it.
Morgan doesn't know his butt from page 9 about firearms but is willing to show us just how far from the truth he really is. I haven't seen me say anything about the 1st Amendment but one of you people did mention that and you are ready to use whatever you can find without looking back too far.

I guess you haven't been reading any of my posts that came before Friday. I hadn't heard anything from the NRA till that day. My opinion was formed long before they finally had that press conference.

Old 12-23-2012, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Perhaps you just need a more fully featured TV, one that allows you to change channels and/or turn off shows you don't like.
There is no chance that I get my videos of Morgan in operation anywhere but Fox, is there? Actually I haven't watched any 24/7 people in over a week since it was the same thing over and over all day long. Nope, I pick them up from the internet and by going to YouTube where they are all lumped together on one page. I feel for people who think with their butts and he is one of them.

Old 12-23-2012, 03:59 PM

12,372 posts, read 9,283,578 times
Quote:
Thanks. I checked into that one and found that it was over 25,000. Ain't it grand?
Wow, isn't that precious! 25,000 people agree that someone should be deported for the sole reason that he expresses an opinion that they don't agree with. Oh, and Roy....people are bringing up the 1st amendment in threads like this because your buddy LaPeirre is so willing to throw it under the bus while crying about protecting the 2nd amendment. That is spelled: H-Y-P-O-C-R-I-T-I-C-A-L.

Old 12-23-2012, 04:00 PM

1,202 posts, read 1,246,822 times
Quote:
I think that the sooner he gets that ticket the better off CNN will be. I wonder if they will buy one for him, after this whole thing cools down.

Why do I think he needs to go home? Well he grew up in that land that has no written constitution as we do here. They have all kinds of written papers that they consider their Constitution but nothing that is anything like ours is. In fact they have all those things that eventually led to our writing of one.

Poor Piers is making CNN the laughing stock of 24/7 tv and will destroy them totally if allowed to continue. When he goes I hope he takes Alan Dershowitz with him. Surely Dershowitz could work as a barrister there as well as here.

Here they are both howling at the moon about the US and its gun laws and being taken down by two very pretty young women.

Piers Morgan Lambasted On Twitter By Carol Roth Re - Gun Control She Comes On Show And Battle Ensues - YouTube
I'm glad that you still don't put thought into your posts, Boy.

Old 12-23-2012, 04:06 PM

2,238 posts, read 1,438,782 times
Since you don't like piers speaking his mind because he's a "foreigner" would it be ok for everyone to put a petition stating we don't want fox news/NY post/ And The Wall street journal in this country because it's owned by a foreigner who many don't agree with ? Or do you think rupert murdoch is an american citizen and not a brit like piers ?

Old 12-23-2012, 04:08 PM

1,724 posts, read 1,468,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
/sigh

Too damned dumb to know it's not his speech we protest. It's his stupidity we protest.

And too damned dumb to know we're laughing at him.

And at you.
Too damned dumb to see the hypocrisy. Gun nuts love the 2nd Amendment, but hate the 1st and want to deport people out of this country who don't agree with them.

Nothing like a censored America backed by guns.

Old 12-23-2012, 04:13 PM

769 posts, read 877,655 times
You can keep him. Regardless of his politics (which i would describe as completely convictionless and 'populist' - he'd be the first to indulge Nazi tendencies in the 1930s if it landed him a top job at the ministry of propaganda) he is a nasty piece of work that no-one in England likes or Respects.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies