Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-25-2012, 06:51 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,150,071 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
You have serious reading comprehension problems that have reaffirmed that talking to you might be a giant waste of time.
Even in the things I quoted, did I once say that this applies to all or most poor people?

I said, "People like her," not "All people are like her."

Goombye, please.
Kinda avoided a few other parts of my post, didn't ya?

....yet here you are...."""sit(ting) online and spew useless posts making up stuff about what people on here say."""
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-25-2012, 07:08 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,011,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
Funny, I've heard Repugs say charities will take care of the poor so they shouldn't have any of their taxes taken from them for the less fortunate (they love to support the Much More Fortunate ).

OK, here's a sample of how "charities" don't always run so smoothly, distribution is not always fair...Repugs should just shrug and look the other way....

.....it didn't come out of their pocket.....and if they have thrown 25 cents in the kettle that's the chance theytake ...
Newsflash, nobody promised anyone that life would be FAIR. Show me in any of our founding documents where it mentions anything about FAIR. Then remember not all too long ago people were happy to just have a good meal on the table and maybe some hand made gifts. It's quite clear that's not the case any longer.

Sorry, FAIR is a concept/word that has been totally corrupted by people who for whatever reason are not willing to work for their own (or are jealous of the better stuff next door) and wish to take what others have by force under the cover of "FAIR".

On second thought, even the title "Women totally ripped off" is a bit misleading. How is one ripped off when one is getting something, anything for FREE? Before,nothing. After, something so even if you're given a paperclip it's MORE than you had when you walked in the door not less. "Ripped Off" implies that something was TAKEN from this "lady" instead of GIVEN to her.
I'm now watching the Salvation Army box up over 6000 turkey dinners for people who can't for whatever reason get their own, even delivering them to those who can't get out. I wonder if we should be angry with them for not providing the Prime Rib roast or Sirloin roast that some of their neighbors are surely eating today.

Last edited by jimj; 12-25-2012 at 07:19 AM..

Old 12-25-2012, 07:10 AM

13,887 posts, read 13,671,534 times
Quote:
Kinda avoided a few other parts of my post, didn't ya?

....yet here you are...."""sit(ting) online and spew useless posts making up stuff about what people on here say."""
So did you give the kids a bike? Or are you going to sit here online and spew useless posts all day?

Put your money where your mouth is.

Old 12-25-2012, 07:16 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,150,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
Newsflash, nobody promised anyone that life would be FAIR. Show me in any of our founding documents where it mentions anything about FAIR. Then remember not all too long ago people were happy to just have a good meal on the table and maybe some hand made gifts. It's quite clear that's not the case any longer."""

ONLY with SOME people. Your broad brush is in error.

"""Sorry, FAIR is a concept/word that has been totally corrupted by people who for whatever reason are not willing to work for their own (or are jealous of the better stuff next door) and wish to take what others have by force under the cover of "FAIR".
I posted , "distribution is not always fair"

I NEVER said anything about life should be fair or anyone was promised "fair" or anything else like that just a fact, distribution is not always fair

Old 12-25-2012, 07:28 AM

691 posts, read 771,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Welcome to the transformation of America.......

"“I really don't have any extra money to make Christmas happen, and I kind of depend on things like this…it’s crazy, when I was there I overheard there was over 200 bicycles there and my kids didn't get one of them,” says Brown."

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!! NOT FAIR!!!!!!

I want one of dem Obama bikes! This trash of a parent apparently does understand the meaning of Christmas. It is the season of GIVING and not GETTING.

Old 12-25-2012, 07:35 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,011,790 times
Quote:
I posted , "distribution is not always fair"

I NEVER said anything about life should be fair or anyone was promised "fair" or anything else like that just a fact, distribution is not always fair
If your being given something for free "fair" has nothing to do with it. To quote my son when he was about 5 or 6 years old "you git what you git and you don't throw a fit".
Truly out of the mouth of babes.

Old 12-25-2012, 09:32 AM

13,887 posts, read 13,671,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
If your being given something for free "fair" has nothing to do with it. To quote my son when he was about 5 or 6 years old "you git what you git and you don't throw a fit".
Truly out of the mouth of babes.
Truly out of the mouth of babes who are being well raised, responsible, and grateful for what they have. I'm betting the kid learned it from his parents.

Old 12-25-2012, 11:10 AM

6,391 posts, read 5,167,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Californian34 View Post
If I were truly in need for myself and my kids, I would be ashamed to go through a program like this simply because of attitudes like that of the OP. My husband and I are hardworking, frugal, rational people. God forbid we ever fall on truly hard times. For every person like the woman in the OP, there are thousands of good people who were once like us.
The OP's Attitude, as many of us, it disbelief, that someone would ask for gifts, then get mad when they were not what she wanted.

Most people, given a gift would say thank you.

I am sure, based on your message, that if in fact you found yourself in this woman's position, you would have graciously accepted what someone else gave.

People here are that are posting negatively, because they are rightly irritated.

1. This woman asked for gifts because for one reason or another, she could not afford them for her kids.

2. People have asked, where is the father(s). Again, rightly so, the children deserve to have a father in their life. Whatever mistakes mom and or dad made, the kids DESERVE to have 2 parents.

3. The woman received gifts.
Quote:
"I’m hurt more than anything…I just know it could have been better.”
Quote:
Monica received two toys from a McDonalds Happy Meal, a stocking, and three bags filled with items like a coloring book, a shirt, and a football.
There are kids who won't even be getting a football or a coloring book. Also note, she only mentions a few items, out of THREE BAGS filled with items.

She KNEW it could be better, and was upset that her kids didn't get more? Seriously!

If I sound irritated, it's because I am. I was out of work for 18 months at one point, I am also handicapped. I was working 2-3 part times jobs a week, to make ends meet, and when the holidays or a birthday rolled around, My kids got gifts, but the were really just dollar toys and stuff I picket up at goodwill or salvation army. My kids were happy to get something. THAT'S the way it should be, not "I didn't get enough".

Your last statement is the most telling. For every person like the woman the OP posted, there are a thousand others, glad someone tried to make their children's lives a bit brighter. THOSE are the kids I donate toys to the marines/ toys for tots, salvation army, and other various charities for. Some years more, some years less, but I try to always donate something.

Old 12-26-2012, 06:31 PM

20,330 posts, read 19,925,039 times
I noticed that when asked to put their money where their mouths are or take of the matter themselves, those posters who defend the aggrieved woman won't respond, lol.

They're duckin' and coverin' when challenged to step up

Old 12-26-2012, 07:43 PM

52,698 posts, read 34,555,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doc1 View Post
I noticed that when asked to put their money where their mouths are or take of the matter themselves, those posters who defend the aggrieved woman won't respond, lol.

They're duckin' and coverin' when challenged to step up
yeah, i bet you never saw that coming
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies