Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-22-2012, 11:27 PM

29,407 posts, read 21,996,065 times

Advertisements

Didn't take long for the race baiters to arrive.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-22-2012, 11:29 PM

14,100 posts, read 28,515,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Think4Yourself View Post
Oh, I get it. The ungrateful woman was black so we should attempt to smear all black people.
Does all black women have tattoos, gold or silver on their teeth, children without a father in their lives, asking for charity, and then complaining when they receive charity because it wasn't as much as she wanted for free?

Old 12-23-2012, 12:07 AM

41,813 posts, read 51,023,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doc1 View Post
After the shouldering the costs of tattoos and a silver tooth, she didn't have the extra money to "make Christmas happen".

Fortunately, she took her case to the media and they led the charge to make things just:

Check out the video along with the article:

Woman says Angel Tree gifts fell short - My Suncoast: Local News
She has no reason to complain , having said that there was a another thread in NEPA forum about the one charity taking the toys and equally distributing them to prevent something like this which if you're the person buying the toys may not go over so well. the charity is probably stuck between a rock and a hard place, they don't want to alienate some donors but on the other hand you're going to have problems like this.

Sorry to say it but a McDonald's toy is a just a bit underwhelming especially if the next kid is getting a bike.

Old 12-23-2012, 02:30 AM

13,887 posts, read 13,664,841 times
Quote:
Oh, I get it. The ungrateful woman was black so we should attempt to smear all black people.
Thank you for making me just a little more racist.

I'd like to gift her with a big spool of catgut to sew her legs together. Permanently.

Old 12-23-2012, 04:00 AM

68,327 posts, read 54,350,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sailordave View Post
But she has the money for tattoos, hair styling, and metal for her teeth. Check her closet and you'll probably find outfits for clubbing. Wonder how much she spends on hair, jewelry, drinking, nails, etc. and where's the baby-daddy?
When people start showing as much outrage over the fact that places like Saudi Arabia, Israel, etc. have the $$$ resources to take care of themselves yet we continue to give them more, America will be a better place.

Old 12-23-2012, 04:11 AM

20,323 posts, read 19,909,198 times
Quote:
Who's smearing "all black people"?

She a friend or relative of yours by any chance?

Old 12-23-2012, 04:16 AM

20,323 posts, read 19,909,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
When people start showing as much outrage over the fact that places like Saudi Arabia, Israel, etc. have the $$$ resources to take care of themselves yet we continue to give them more, America will be a better place.
Yeah, heavy. Sounds like the makings for an intriguing new thread.

Anyway, now that you've joined this thread, what about the gal in the OP?

Crazy, huh?

Old 12-23-2012, 04:49 AM

20,124 posts, read 16,144,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
Sorry to say it but a McDonald's toy is a just a bit underwhelming especially if the next kid is getting a bike.
First, the presents aren't handed to the child by the Salvation Army, they are given to the parent to give to the child from them or Santa. So the child has no clue that other kids were given bikes. Second, the child also received a football, shirt, coloring books, and a stocking. Third, it is better than nothing.

This is why I quit participating in these types of things. It is frustrating that people complain about what they are given.

Old 12-23-2012, 05:11 AM

41,813 posts, read 51,023,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
First, the presents aren't handed to the child by the Salvation Army, they are given to the parent to give to the child from them or Santa. So the child has no clue that other kids were given bikes. Second, the child also received a football, shirt, coloring books, and a stocking. Third, it is better than nothing.

This is why I quit participating in these types of things. It is frustrating that people complain about what they are given.
Like I said she has nothing to complain about and I'm sure people are very well meaning and being generous. Matter of fact because of this news report there is a person being generous that has had their gifts rejected as not enough, that's not right at all.

It just seems that distributing the gifts in a more equal way would be more appropriate for both the kids and those giving them.

Old 12-23-2012, 05:13 AM

10,832 posts, read 14,927,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sailordave View Post
Try reading the article, watching the video, and understand the Angel Tree program before responding to the topic.
Sarcasm much?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies