Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-23-2012, 01:39 PM

18,381 posts, read 19,015,863 times

Advertisements

ya have to wonder about people who "wonder" about these things. such intellectual pursuits

Old 12-23-2012, 01:39 PM

13,005 posts, read 18,903,092 times
I think it has been proven that African Americans are superior in basketball and football. Hispanics in baseball.

Old 12-23-2012, 01:40 PM

11,531 posts, read 10,288,429 times
Even if Whites or Asian are the superior race, the knuckle dragging yahoos that belong to the tea party/White power groups don't seem to benefit from being in that race.

Old 12-23-2012, 01:45 PM

9,961 posts, read 17,519,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pvande55 View Post
I think it has been proven that African Americans are superior in basketball and football. Hispanics in baseball.
The Canadian race is superior at ice hockey and curling. Must be selective breeding and genetics.

Old 12-23-2012, 01:46 PM

11,531 posts, read 10,288,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deezus View Post
The Canadian race is superior at ice hockey and curling. Must be selective breeding and genetics.

What race is the best at trolling??

10,854 posts, read 9,299,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.XXX View Post
Does the following post have a valid point...

"According to natural selection, an organism develops an inherited variation that increases it's ability to survive. In prehistoric times, man would need to compete with other stronger animals. Humans are obviously physically weaker than tigers and bears, which means our mental abilities were superior. Together, humans as well as other animals have come to live together on this planet.

Instead of comparing humans to other animals, how about comparing human races to other human races? Black people are usually built stronger than their east asian counterparts. The average black man is taller, built stronger, and runs faster than the average Chinese man. I'm sure there are exceptions, but I am speaking in generalities. I'm Chinese, average height and build (for being Chinese), and I often find it hard to compete athletically with most other black and white people I encounter.

Does this mean that Asian people have something more to offer mentally? American born Asians typically excel in academics. Many know how to play an instrument, and/or speak two languages fluently. If you go to a diverse high school, the number of Asian students are typically out of proportion to the number of students in the whole school. I'm in engineering, and most of my TA's have been Chinese. Schools in China are typically much harder than schools in America. I was ranked within the top 5% in highschool and took many college level courses, and my younger cousins in China were at the same level in math.

It is hard not to sound racist writing this post, but every race that survived to this day must have done something right, or had a trait that allowed them to excel. Does this mean that Asian people are inherently smarter?"
Many people confuse racial superiority with superior opportunity.

If you have one group of people that don't have to face widespread racial discrimination, segregation, prejudice, bigotry and hatred versus another that does, then chances are the group that doesn't have those obstacles are going to have better outcomes in society.

799 posts, read 1,094,783 times
If you want to take this talk seriously don't look at the bad of one race and the good of the other and the don't look at stereotypes of races either it will definitely skew the judgement, and definitely study the broader(ancient) history of all the races with that said, I will not interject into this discussion.

(spot reserved)

Old 12-23-2012, 01:48 PM

10,854 posts, read 9,299,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
ya have to wonder about people who "wonder" about these things. such intellectual pursuits
You don't have to wonder at all. It's obvious that you have people here that are promoting a White supremacy and White nationalist agenda.

Old 12-23-2012, 01:49 PM

6,617 posts, read 5,008,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.XXX View Post
It is hard not to sound racist writing this post, but every race that survived to this day must have done something right, or had a trait that allowed them to excel. Does this mean that Asian people are inherently smarter?"
You understand that by definition your post is racist. That is what racism means the belief that a race has traits inherent to their race. Your race could have been selectively bred for physical traits like slaves in the US, or be it by cultural selection in such way that those traits are seemingly prevalent but its race independent, you could do the same to whites, if you were to slave whites and breed them so that the strongest slaves had offspring, you would have the same effect in x amount of years, it doesn't say anything about race.

Old 12-23-2012, 02:13 PM

9,961 posts, read 17,519,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
What race is the best at trolling??
Russians...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies