Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-24-2012, 11:09 AM

5,319 posts, read 8,982,588 times

Advertisements

Happy December 25th !!!

It works for everyone !
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-24-2012, 11:12 AM

24,868 posts, read 24,380,865 times
Some Christians are offended by strip clubs and liquor stores, we don't change what we call them.

Just know that someone is offended by everything, and you can do on your property what you want for Christmas decorations, or on your church. Your state and local government can celebrate it how they want. If a citizen, with the same rights as you, finds a constitutional argument against calling Christmas that, or a religious freedom argument, why is their argument any less valid then yours?

Suck it up, celebrate the holiday, and let the legal system work. If the legal system isn't the way you want, then change it, or move. Democratic process, doesn't always work out the way you want.

Old 12-24-2012, 11:14 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,690,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Follower Of X View Post
to Happy Birthday Lord and Savior Jesus Christ day?

Thoughts?
That would be worse for those who are offended. I really do not care if people do not agree with me or with the majority of our country. They certainly have a right to beleive the way they want but I stop putting those who happen to believe in God and in Christ's birth down and let us do our thing. It isn't hurting anyone...

Old 12-24-2012, 12:54 PM

1,320 posts, read 1,247,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
"""Since Christmas offends people should we change it's name """"

I ask you who is "we"?

Do you propose bigger government step in and declare a new name?

"Christmas" doesn't offend people...it offends SOME people ...just like Happy Holidays offends SOME people.
we as the majority of America who is celebrating Christmas right now.

Old 12-24-2012, 01:03 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,167,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Don't be an idiot.

It is a Christian holiday to celebrate Christ's birth.
It is not for non-believers to decide, but it is their choice to not believe, or to believe in something totally different and express their belief. Not silence someone else's.
I am pretty sure it is more of a "spend all your money on gifts to people" day. At least that is what all the commercials on tv and the radio keep saying. I never understood why conservative christians freak out over this holiday so much, it has to be one of the most celebrated holidays in our country after New Years Eve and the 4th of July.

Old 12-24-2012, 01:05 PM

67 posts, read 72,011 times
Quote:

Thoughts?
How spiteful.

I'm sure Jesus would approve.

Old 12-24-2012, 01:07 PM

Quote:

Thoughts?
A lot less people would celebrate it if it was called that and it would be easier to have it removed from the Federal Holiday list.

Old 12-24-2012, 01:09 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,605,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
I am pretty sure it is more of a "spend all your money on gifts to people" day. At least that is what all the commercials on tv and the radio keep saying. I never understood why conservative christians freak out over this holiday so much, it has to be one of the most celebrated holidays in our country after New Years Eve and the 4th of July.

And thank the good lord we celebrate, that you have a choice and are tolerant of those with different thoughts than yours.

Old 12-24-2012, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
And thank the good lord we celebrate, that you have a choice and are tolerant of those with different thoughts than yours.
Who's this lord you are talking about? Do you mean Santa? Honestly I don't really care much about whatever silly religion people wish to believe in, for me Christmas has nothing to do with Christianity or little 10lb 3oz baby Jesus.

Old 12-24-2012, 01:30 PM

152 posts, read 250,342 times
you could change it back to Yule (Jul), which is the northern european holiday off which it is based

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yule
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies