Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-17-2013, 06:26 PM

1,733 posts, read 2,422,258 times

Advertisements

The president does not have the support for a gun ban. New Yorkers got shafted, and I am glad I do not live in that state. I would have moved a long time ago. Less guns has already shown to increase crime. FBI and other government agency stats from around the world don't lie. Places with guns are safer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2013, 12:48 PM

1,175 posts, read 1,785,557 times
Irrational, not any longer, I've had quite the epiphany.
I've been shamelessly used by the rich and powerful to do their bidding.
Each and every time I took an oath to defend the Constitution of the United States, this land, it's authorities....what I really had done was take an oath to defend, up to the loss of my life, rich elites that seek to sacrifice anyone else and anything else to defend themselves against the inevitable negative consequences of their deranged politics.
Well, NO LONGER. I will NOT be shamelessly deceived by the worthless rich! NO not ANY MORE!
I will NO LONGER defend any rich man, black or white, conservative or liberal against ANY ENEMY foreign or domestic.
I will NOT defend socially immoral and corrupt Hollywood stars, their corporate owners and controllers or the sycophants that worship every far-t they emit.
I will not protect any leftist university professor or rightist board member from the threat of damage from any potential cause what so ever, natural or man-made, they are all now on line for their own defense.
I will NOT protect rich neighborhoods from angry dispossessed gangs of animalistic-poor, raping, looting, and pillaging everything in sight. Rich liberals and rich conservatives are going to have to protect their own women, houses and businesses, I will NOT do it.
My life is more precious to me than ANY of these people; I will stand aside and watch them meet their fate....

Old 01-25-2013, 08:30 AM

16,880 posts, read 15,194,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonymouseX View Post
That's vague how you state it.

Companies can't manufacture new ones.
Companies can't import new ones.
You can buy any preexisting in country or registered banned rifle.

Preexisting will include any that are in stock at your local gun store.

It was effective originally because Ar15s and some of the others weren't that popular. The ban made them popular.

Now there are 10s of thousands of these rifles floating around. So 10s of thousands that will potentially be for sale along with a nice markup because telling people they can't have it makes them want it more. Good for those of us with more than we need eh?

Any ban will be pointless...

the point being, is that i would not be able to buy my 13 year old daughter a nice new from the manufacturer daniels defense AR15. this law does nothing but take firearms out of the hands of the already law abiding and puts them right into the hands of the criminals.

I say anyone wanting to limit any Amendment in the Bill of Rights can go suck an egg.

Old 02-12-2013, 10:36 AM

19 posts, read 33,086 times
Not all that long ago, a newspaper in New York state published an interactive map on their website allowing visitors to see the names and addresses of registered gun owners in their local area. Personally, I thought it was a great idea .... but that it didn't go far enough. To be fair, the paper should have also published an interactive map allowing visitors to see the names and addresses of local area anti-gun activists. That way, criminals likely to commit home invasions would have a clear choice between the homes of those who can't defend themselves and homes where the criminals might get their kiesters shot off. Hmm, I wonder which homes they'd choose to invade?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies