Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-24-2012, 11:27 AM

19,023 posts, read 25,955,711 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkatt View Post
500 meters with my 8mm Mauser is easy, with an M14, easy, with a M16, a little rough.

I am still more accurate at 50ft with a pistol than a rifle. Probably because I am right handed, but left eye dominant.
I am better with a rifle at any distance, but shoot rifles lefty when i can, and shoot pistols righty because in 1955 it was PC to beat on little lefty kids in school.

I am the very best with a shot gun. but in all cases BOTH eyes are open..... even with a scope. My left eye IS my master. like you.

The only times this is a slight problem having both eyes open is shooting my right handed locked flinters.

It takes a long time, and lots of practice to get past the flash with out flinching. I wore out a lot of good flints just flashing the pans..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-24-2012, 11:41 AM

5,705 posts, read 3,668,985 times
You gun nuts just don't get it. You think it's gonna be like the movies. Of course, sometimes a peron with a gun will be the hero. The same wy some people win the lottery. But the facts are that the odds are much more that something negative will result by owning a gun than something positive. You ain't rambo and life ain't a movie.

Old 12-24-2012, 11:44 AM

2,256 posts, read 2,129,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by biggunsmallbrains View Post
You gun nuts just don't get it. You think it's gonna be like the movies. Of course, sometimes a peron with a gun will be the hero. The same wy some people win the lottery. But the facts are that the odds are much more that something negative will result by owning a gun than something positive. You ain't rambo and life ain't a movie.
Tell that to Zimmerman.

Here's where your lack of math education shows.

The small % of successfully using a gun to defend yourself > successfully defending yourself without a gun...

Small > Zero everyday...

The thousands of news stories available showing gun owners such successfully defending themselves with guns puts the lie to your false statements.

Old 12-24-2012, 12:02 PM

31,767 posts, read 28,806,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post
Naw..... American males are no longer what they once were, but they were never Rambo's which is a figment of the far left illusionist.
May be you identify self with a different character, but you just illustrated my point.

Old 12-24-2012, 12:20 PM

6,391 posts, read 5,165,396 times
Quote:
maybe you anti gun nuts just don't get it.

How many crimes are stopped each year by a legally armed citizen? Even if you suspect it's only ½ of 2.5 million figure, and say 1.25 million, and figure only 5% of those instead of the suspected 15.7% figure RESULTS IN A LIFE SAVED, you still come out with 62,500 lives saved.

SO, the odds are ACTUALLY, a greater chance that something POSITIVE takes place, than negative.

Old 12-24-2012, 01:32 PM

10,659 posts, read 10,721,455 times
Quote:
Rambos a puss! I like A.L. Murphy myself!!!

Old 12-24-2012, 01:37 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,032,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonymouseX View Post
Tell that to Zimmerman.
So your erstwhile Zimmerman is going to be pinned on the ground by a mass shooter without a weapon (feel the illogic yet) so he can fire at point blank range.

Yeah, I get it.

TALK ABOUT ROLLING EYES!

Old 12-24-2012, 01:40 PM

1,684 posts, read 1,184,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
Perhaps the best pro-gun argument I've read thus far... "Rambos, unite"
All the wimps say that....... girly man foo-foo!

Godsmack - Cryin' Like A *****!! - YouTube

Old 12-24-2012, 01:44 PM

1,684 posts, read 1,184,854 times
Quote:
No...it is you who live in the movies. You've never been around these men or myself a day in your girly man life.

71 year old Man Stops Armed Robbery - YouTube

Old 12-24-2012, 01:46 PM

31,767 posts, read 28,806,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A. Victor View Post
All the wimps say that....... girly man foo-foo!
Damn! You're as likely to forget posting YouTube videos as you're of putting that pink lipstick on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies