Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-27-2012, 02:52 PM

552 posts, read 720,445 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
The whole objective of the topic is to get the worlds view of the American gun phenomena , not to trash people for airing their external to American views or recently coming here from elsewhere views..
Yes and any of you Europeans or Aussies or whomever are free to have whatever opinion you want on this issue since it really has no affect on me. However if you are going to immigrate to my country then bash it I have a problem with that. If they dont like our gun laws then theyre free to go back to Latin America which is even more violent than the US.

Old 12-27-2012, 02:58 PM

[quote=GreyKarast;27505732]I agree with you. In Russia, to get weapons in civilian hands, you should first medical osvidetelstvot - about what you are mentally healthy, to have a safe to be tested, and more. It surprises me that so many Americans are afraid to travel to Russia. In Russia, the crime much less than in the U.S.. let's say I am not afraid to walk one night on the streets. But in America, I have heard that in many cities at night people do not go out alone, right? I would not like if the arms sold to all who want to buy it. I think this is a big mistake free sale of firearms in America. But keep in mind that the gun culture is a historical component of Americans.[/quote

Russias not really known as being a low crime place is it? Ive never been so I dont know. Most places in the US are perfectly fine to walk alone at night it just depends on where you are what kind of people inhabit the area.

Old 12-27-2012, 03:00 PM

2,309 posts, read 4,383,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ram2 View Post
That is funny. Many Australians used to love guns until the government took most of them away.

If the government attempted that here, there would be blood flowing in the streets.
That's not an exaggeration.

The rest of the worlds countries do not and cannot comprehend just how much firearm ownership and the fabric of society of the United States are intertwined.

If it did come down to immediate firearm confiscation the United States as the world knows it to be would cease to exist.

With a puzzle piece as large as the U.S. the world economy would simply crash due to upheaval.

Be extremely careful what you wish for.

Old 12-27-2012, 03:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salsa10 View Post
So if anyone demonstrates his opinion about something you will ask him to leave

the topic is : Worlds view of guns in America

and by the way I was born here so I'm an american citizen
If an immigrant goes against whats in our constitution then yes I say go back home! We dont need people immigrating here who are going to vote against what our country stands for.

Old 12-27-2012, 03:04 PM

2,677 posts, read 2,616,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by julian17033 View Post
If the government attempted that here, there would be blood flowing in the streets.
That's not an exaggeration.
And that has me very concerned. Queen Feinstein's bill, if passed in it's current form, would label virtually every semiautomatic weapon, including pistols, in the country today as NFA firearms, subject to the same control, taxation, and requirements as REAL assault rifles, including the requirement to register them, and pay a $200 tax for every single one.

I am very concerned that if that happens it could quite literally lead to civil war, and I say that without the least bit of sarcasm.

Old 12-27-2012, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DentalFloss View Post
And that has me very concerned. Queen Feinstein's bill, if passed in it's current form, would label virtually every semiautomatic weapon, including pistols, in the country today as NFA firearms, subject to the same control, taxation, and requirements as REAL assault rifles, including the requirement to register them, and pay a $200 tax for every single one.

I am very concerned that if that happens it could quite literally lead to civil war, and I say that without the least bit of sarcasm.
I need to stock up on ammo!!!

Old 12-27-2012, 03:35 PM

2,677 posts, read 2,616,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NHborn View Post
I need to stock up on ammo!!!
Me, too. I have enough for any "normal" self-defense situation that might crop up, not enough for an actual war, though! But I have well prepared friends, between the people I know we could definitely come up with a fully outfitted rifle platoon, add friends of friends and might be able to make an entire company.

Old 12-27-2012, 03:39 PM

5,059 posts, read 7,500,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ram2 View Post
The Browning BAR semi-automatic hunting rifle is a hunting rifle that has been produced for decades. It does not look anything like an AR-15. Why should this be illegal in Australia? It is definitely not military grade.
Becuase its semi Automatic, may be i said it wrong, the ban applied to All Semi Auto and Automatic rifles regardless of size.

One of the semi automatic rifles we handed back was a .22. While we were able to keep a Bolt Action Remmington .223 and .303 Brit.

Anyway Australians pretty well voted with there feet in the end. The conservative government that introduced the ban got voted back in at the next general election, despite going into that election promising to introduce a big new tax (the GST), and the Australian Shooters Party got less than 1% of the vote.

Old 12-27-2012, 05:28 PM

520 posts, read 597,141 times
Quote:
If an immigrant goes against whats in our constitution then yes I say go back home! We dont need people immigrating here who are going to vote against what our country stands for.
First off, immigrants can't vote until they become citizens.

Secondly, are you suggesting that if a naturalized citizen feels the need to vote against something you don't like, they should go back to the country of their origin?

Old 12-27-2012, 09:04 PM

35,309 posts, read 52,299,308 times
Quote:
Yes and any of you Europeans or Aussies or whomever are free to have whatever opinion you want on this issue since it really has no affect on me. However if you are going to immigrate to my country then bash it I have a problem with that. If they dont like our gun laws then theyre free to go back to Latin America which is even more violent than the US.
For a topic thats asking for a world view in this case meaning outside America you certainly are letting us know what your American view is on the issue . Do you not get the concept of a topic asking for other than American views on Americas obsession with guns? we already know what Americas take on the issue is..Thats why the topic is on the world section of the forum and not in the Political section of the forum.American input is not what we are really after in this particular topic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies