Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-24-2012, 04:01 PM

3,807 posts, read 4,259,812 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
I'm having a hard time wrapping my head around the idea that someone would cause a fire, wait for firemen to arrive, then pick them off with a gun. There are no laws, no rules, not regulations, nothing that can prevent this type of sickness. I wish I could push a button and eliminate from the world anyone who would go out of their way to kill other humans for no reason but their own desire to kill for thrill. There is no excuse, no mental illness, no sympathy card to play. It's human garbage littering our society and I want them all gone.
We usually NEVER agree on anything. However, we TOTALLY agree on this.

Old 12-24-2012, 04:13 PM

3,352 posts, read 6,415,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Follower Of X View Post
Gun don't kill people, mental illness does.
So by you stating that, I'm assuming you're gun owner, correct? Does that mean you'll never kill anyone? You are completely free of mental illness, so you will never kill anyone although you own a gun?

I'm just stating this because if you do own a gun, you are prepared to kill rather you have mental illness or not. Not everyone who snaps necessarily has mental illness, take the doctor in Canada who killed both of his children and got off with it bc the court also believed he just snapped. Personally, I don't believe I have any mental illnesses but that doesn't mean I'm not prone to snap. Every know and again, I may want to do something crazy just like the other day I wanted to hit somebody for no reason but of course I didn't do it because I still live in the real world. People who own guns can also snap, but all we can do is hope and pray they know restraints.

Old 12-24-2012, 04:18 PM

102 posts, read 166,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arctichomesteader View Post
My 90 year old pump shotgun holds 7 rounds. While not sounding impressive, with 27 pellets of buckshot per round, that's about 189 projectiles I can fire in seconds. Far deadlier fired into a huddled mass of defenseless people than even 30 rounds from a rifle.
Gee, I like that kind of talk! It reminds me of a Clint Eastwood, or Chuck Norris movie! Scientists need to look at the gun-ownership obsession of some men in the USA to see if there is a corealtion to sexual dysfunction.

Old 12-24-2012, 04:58 PM

510 posts, read 886,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
Just remember, guns don't kill people. People kill people.

4 firefighters shot, 2 dead, after responding to blaze - U.S. News
And the murderer had killed before...without a gun....he beat his grandmother to death with a hammer. Did a little time and was released.

Old 12-24-2012, 06:15 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,164,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
It's not about what "looks scary", it's about what can send downrange lethal amounts of ammunition in a short period of time. So what would the parameters of an "assault weapons" ban be? I'm not sure what they were in 1994, but if any "ban" simply expires in -X- number of years, what good are they? Everyone can re-arm, reload and await the Apocalypse (or the next gun ban, which, for some, might bring about their desired revolution and overthrow of the government)

Having a nation of mentally deficient, paranoid whack jobs walking around with a Bushmaster when they decide they've had enough is not comforting to anyone. The NRA's response is that this is why we need weapons, to protect ourselves from those with similar firearms.

In this scenario, last man, woman or child standing wins. It's lunacy.
You really don't understand the difference between one AR and another. You like that Bushmaster so much and don't understand that it is a brand name with some tough looking things added to make it fearsome looking. How much lead an your Bushmaster throw down range in any amount of time? Do you believe those who keep saying anywhere from 4 to 6 rounds per second? You must have really fast hands, if you do.

Old 12-24-2012, 09:17 PM

26,212 posts, read 19,436,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DentalFloss View Post
But, they look scary, so they gotta go, right?
Right.

Old 12-24-2012, 09:24 PM

2,677 posts, read 2,608,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
Right.
Proving to the world that you, and everyone who thinks as you do, are ignorant. "Scary looking" weapons are no more deadly than those that aren't.

SMH.

Old 12-24-2012, 10:50 PM

488 posts, read 553,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
I'm having a hard time wrapping my head around the idea that someone would cause a fire, wait for firemen to arrive, then pick them off with a gun. There are no laws, no rules, not regulations, nothing that can prevent this type of sickness. I wish I could push a button and eliminate from the world anyone who would go out of their way to kill other humans for no reason but their own desire to kill for thrill. There is no excuse, no mental illness, no sympathy card to play. It's human garbage littering our society and I want them all gone.
Agreed - and if you ever find yourself able to understand why, you should probably start to worry! Those that are determined to kill will do so regardless of the laws.

Old 12-25-2012, 05:07 AM

2,860 posts, read 3,373,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DentalFloss View Post
Proving to the world that you, and everyone who thinks as you do, are ignorant. "Scary looking" weapons are no more deadly than those that aren't.

SMH.
DF,

They will not stop until they get everything. Keep fighting (posting) the good fight, despite the ignorance that continues to run rampant. I'm with you. These people are so clueless to the issue it is quite sad.

Old 12-25-2012, 05:12 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,069,191 times
Maybe its time for an armed guard on all fire trucks..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies