Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-25-2012, 07:45 PM

468 posts, read 552,413 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kryptic View Post
Israel should shove it.
Agreed. But not so easy for the puppets who run America to say.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-25-2012, 08:05 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,099,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post
sure sure... suit yourself.... You still will never get my guns..... before the last liberal epic fail i was saving up for a Ar-10...... I will still get it, and so many mags as i please, about 20, and put up as much ammo as i want which is in thousands.....
(i do reload)

The left will do nothing.... it never really has, other than , make things harder..... With enough money you can still do anything......

Anyway you cut there is more death by car than anything else in this country..
Sure "we" will. We will pry from them your dead fingers if it comes to that. You can bet you'll lose that battle.

Old 12-25-2012, 08:08 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,099,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kryptic View Post
Israel should shove it. Our affairs aren't their affairs.
LOLZ. Yes let's tell our allies to shove it.

Geeze some of you folks come off us provincial country rubes.

Open your eyes, the world is going to continue to get smaller and smaller.

Old 12-25-2012, 08:50 PM

18,927 posts, read 14,115,131 times
Wasn't there a time, back in - hmmm - 1947 or 1948 - when the government in Palestine disarmed the Jews?
And didn't they hide their arms from that government?
Why in the world would ANY civilian want a gun...

[head smack]
Palestine 1947
"....during the British mandate, the authorities always prohibited the possession of weapons, and confiscated all that they found..."

Old 12-25-2012, 09:52 PM

13,933 posts, read 12,870,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Think4Yourself View Post
An excellent article:

Israelis shoot down NRA's claim that the Jewish State uses more weapons to keep schools safe - NY Daily News

So Israel heavily restricts gun carrying, and Switzerland removed the ammunition for their militia issued weapons years ago. In Israel you do not have a right to a gun and instead you must prove both that you a good reason to get one and that you are qualified which means you have to flawlessly pass a 100 question test about Israeli gun laws and pass a mental health exam; fail either and they take away your gun. You have to redo this every year. Even after all that most gun license requests are denied unless you are a settler in the occupied west bank. They don't want armed yahoos in Israel proper. BTW for years the Swiss were not allowed to carry ammo for their issued militia rifle and now even Switzerland is requiring most militia members to keep their rifles locked up in official armories when not on official military service.

The NRA's habit of saying 'but look at these other countries' is falling into the old reality trap. Reality says otherwise.
Israel don't have a 2nd amendment, so who cares?

Old 12-25-2012, 10:10 PM

3,695 posts, read 4,979,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dv1033 View Post
No gun ownership is the problem and the quantity of them. More guns = more opportunities for fatalities. Now if the US did a better job of putting guns into the hands of the right people, there would be less of an issue.

Israel treat gun ownership differently and has mandatory military service. Most countries treat gun ownership as a privilege not a right, and therein is the issue.
Amen...

If some nut is showing signs of instability they either:

a. Don't have a gun

b. More likely to be spotted beforehand since said guns come with responsibilities that are enforced(i.e. Military service, yearly testing, ect..)

And they likely place limits on the amounts and kinds of guns as well as ammo. i.e. Feel you need 20 guns to protect yourself, get a court to go along with that. "lost" your gun and need another(prove it).

Old 12-26-2012, 07:38 AM

361 posts, read 272,403 times
Israel is a completely different culture with a different reality no comparisons holds ant relevance

Old 12-26-2012, 07:44 AM

12,282 posts, read 13,204,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
I do not belong to the NRA and don't care what LaPierre thinks.
My reference was to the left brained posters on this thread suddenly caring about what Israel has to say.
Go on now.
What matters is the untruth the NRA put out there.

Old 12-26-2012, 07:48 AM

8,391 posts, read 6,285,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Think4Yourself View Post
An excellent article:

Israelis shoot down NRA's claim that the Jewish State uses more weapons to keep schools safe - NY Daily News

So Israel heavily restricts gun carrying, and Switzerland removed the ammunition for their militia issued weapons years ago. In Israel you do not have a right to a gun and instead you must prove both that you a good reason to get one and that you are qualified which means you have to flawlessly pass a 100 question test about Israeli gun laws and pass a mental health exam; fail either and they take away your gun. You have to redo this every year. Even after all that most gun license requests are denied unless you are a settler in the occupied west bank. They don't want armed yahoos in Israel proper. BTW for years the Swiss were not allowed to carry ammo for their issued militia rifle and now even Switzerland is requiring most militia members to keep their rifles locked up in official armories when not on official military service.

The NRA's habit of saying 'but look at these other countries' is falling into the old reality trap. Reality says otherwise.
conservatives and gun nuts are liars. I never believe anything any self professed conservative writes. It is usually make believe to justify their beliefs.

Old 12-26-2012, 07:58 AM

361 posts, read 272,403 times
Something to keep in mind is gun laws or not ,In Israel there are 18-21 year olds walking around with loaded rifled virtually everywhere you go in the country. I don't think most americans would feel comfortable if members of the Us military walked around heavily armed off base the way Israelis do
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies