Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-24-2012, 08:38 PM

768 posts, read 879,943 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post
Can't fight City Hall all at once.... Currently we are gaining rights back, while it just doesn't look much like it..

The double std is failing, liberals are in fact loosing ground. The tide has changed.

The problem there, is it appears we can produce no real leaders.... Just bottom of the barrel scum. So I tend to agree with your otherwise semi vulgar statement.

I believe we could take bad leadership to pre W War -11 with the loss of the gold std.

That should have set the USA on Fire.... I would suppose the Depression had a lot to do with why that didn't happen.

One can only be FREE if they reach out and take it.

In Edit: I re-read it and i thin k your like me..... just don't like anybody...... LOL
I just dont like statists.
I realize coming from an almost totally fascist state like the UK, many of my comments about the state of the USA will come across as ironic, hypocritical even. Its true that the UK is a pathetic state. I just dont understand how a country founded on the basis of freedom (England never was) has fallen so far in 100 years.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-24-2012, 08:39 PM

6,262 posts, read 5,070,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LAWS View Post
You already have no freedom. Just like us, you are under the whip hand of the international banker. You have guns, but are too scared to use them against your enslavers.

In a country full of cowards, what point do guns hold?
Your posts in this thread have some valid points. It only takes a quick Google search and a few minutes of personal introspection to realze just how much Americans have given up in the way of freedom (with barely a whisper), all in the name of fighting the war on.......man made disasters.

I have other thoughts on the matter but warrenless searches, citizen monitoring, aribtary justice, indefinite detention, and extraordinary rendition (powers that our growing brother continues to expand) would suggest the need for caution in public forums. Free speech is only free to a certain point.

Americans talk smack like nobody else, but we have been taught in school (and have shown the world time and again) that we carry a stick that we are afraid to use.

Old 12-24-2012, 10:11 PM

5,738 posts, read 5,443,536 times
Quote:
Its called normalcy bias, and you appear to be full of it. Its the reason millions, rather than thousands of Jews perished in WW2. They had their rights stolen, slowly, one by one.
Wow, you should look in the mirror and check out your slippery slope fallacy! How are you so damn sure that Obama is trying to erect a Stalinist dictatorship? You've been brainwashed by the conservative media.

Old 12-24-2012, 10:14 PM

5,738 posts, read 5,443,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A. Victor View Post
That's funny you say that. We took shells to create this.......Now people like you want to p*ss it away.

This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1594$sx1196$s and weights 166$sKB.
P*ss away what? Is it not the same USA if all people have health insurance and it's harder to buy guns? 1776 is long gone, and our country can be whatever we want it to be.

Old 12-24-2012, 10:41 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,966,028 times
Quote:
I just dont like statists.
I realize coming from an almost totally fascist state like the UK, many of my comments about the state of the USA will come across as ironic, hypocritical even. Its true that the UK is a pathetic state. I just dont understand how a country founded on the basis of freedom (England never was) has fallen so far in 100 years.
I missed you were from England..... Are you the guy that was buying a rifle and seeking info here?

The USA has had a internal war on since JFK was killed. We have raised drug addled children who are spoiled rotten and can't do anything other than press a button. The attention spans are exceedingly short, and life is shallow.

Probably the height of the human race so far as verbal articulation is concerned was about 1790 in both western Euro and here..... A steady decline in family values ever since, then radio, tv and this digital BS has wiped out any sense of family.

You either roll with or you don't i guess. here in the USA everyone is in a race with the clock and for the green back dollar. And that is plain worthless at this point, backed by a pile of BS deeper than we can see.... It stinks.

Our dollars are worth around 4 cents silver if that...

Next is special interest and wicked high taxes and the govt and the left always want more taxes... I don't know where these taxes are going to come from......

49% are on the gov dole as i read it..... 52% can't afford to live and pay 49% to live for free...... That just can't work.

Old 12-24-2012, 10:42 PM

4,991 posts, read 4,505,203 times
Ironically the same people who foam at the mouth over gun "freedom" were also in love with the patriot act, same folks who are clamoring for a cop at every street corner hate the TSA..Cant make this nonsense up.

Old 12-24-2012, 10:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by It'sAutomatic View Post
Wow, you should look in the mirror and check out your slippery slope fallacy! How are you so damn sure that Obama is trying to erect a Stalinist dictatorship? You've been brainwashed by the conservative media.
You could look in the mirror too, but i still doubt you would see your nose. Obama hasn't done a thing for you lefties, but you still think he will. He isn't going to ban anything, and he isn't going to change the cons which by the way he swore an oath to uphold and protect.

Old 12-24-2012, 10:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenyo View Post
Ironically the same people who foam at the mouth over gun "freedom" were also in love with the patriot act, same folks who are clamoring for a cop at every street corner hate the TSA..Cant make this nonsense up.
Not me........ i thought GWB was stupid for creating that hangman law... One of these days some cops will get killed for acting on that law.

Perhaps you misunderstand the Right wants laws we have enforced, not just books of laws like you lefties like so much.

Just like now you want more laws since the gun free zone laws didn't work... What is it about you leftys that want to do the same thing over and over and yet you expect different results?

Maybe if you stop hitting your thumb with a hammer it won't hurt any more. keeping wacking on that thumb and expecting it to stop hurting is insanity which i happen to believe every last one of you lefties are.....

certifiably insane

Here this one is for you

Old 12-24-2012, 11:08 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,268,118 times
Quote:
And you have been brainwashed by the MSM and the propaganda put out by Obama and his people. It is too bad that we have to put up with people like that but there are too many of them along with those who want what he promises to keep giving them.

Old 12-24-2012, 11:10 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,268,118 times
Quote:
P*ss away what? Is it not the same USA if all people have health insurance and it's harder to buy guns? 1776 is long gone, and our country can be whatever we want it to be.
What you want is not freedom but gimmes from the government. The bad part of that is that we can't keep on piling up debt to give goodies to that bottom 47% since they have become more and more dependent on that government.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies