Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-25-2012, 10:01 AM

1,637 posts, read 1,881,317 times

Advertisements

We should all be proud that we live in a nation that gives the average man, or the man with no means who is a good law abiding man, the same authority to protect his loved ones and his/their right to life as those who inhabit the elite class.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-25-2012, 10:08 AM

12,372 posts, read 9,312,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavaturaccioli View Post
I don't buy it. I know that's the rationale, but I don't buy it. "Your kid's on her own, but mine get protection cuz I'm a big shot."

Screw that.
An armed guard at all the schools would give you a false sense of security at best. A gunman could target the kids lining up outside to get on the bus, at a basketball game, at a skating rink, a theater or a park. Arming the world is not going to stop the loony tunes, it will just create more George Zimmerman's who get trigger happy and shoot before they think. If you feel your kids need protection, then seek out a private school that fits your criteria. They're around.

Old 12-25-2012, 10:12 AM

5,319 posts, read 8,985,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavaturaccioli View Post
I don't buy it. I know that's the rationale, but I don't buy it. "Your kid's on her own, but mine get protection cuz I'm a big shot."

Screw that.
Sidwell is a very expensive private school.

President-elect Barack Obama and Mrs. Obama Decide to Send Daughters to Sidwell Friends School

Quote:
Sidwell has between 1,000 and 1,100 students and says 39 percent of them self-identify as students of color. Tuition this year for elementary school is $28,442; for the middle school, $29,442

These parents are payin
g for the extra protection Sidwell provides.

If you want more protection for your kids ... then you need to pay for them to go to a private school, just like Obama is doing now.

Old 12-25-2012, 10:16 AM

5,960 posts, read 5,546,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Should we employ 11 armed guards for every two kids in the nation? Think about what you say for a second. Why don't you hire your own 11 armed guards for your kids. I dont want to pay for your paranoia.
So a desire to protect kids from harm at school is "paranoia", huh?

I wonder what the parents in Newtown, CT would say about that?

Old 12-25-2012, 10:16 AM

12,372 posts, read 9,312,855 times
You conservatives are funny. You are here arguing that the elitist class should have no extra benefits beyond what you have available to yourself but on the other hand you complain all the time on this board when you think your tax dollars are helping the poor to something you think they should work for or do without. If you want to protect your child in the manner of a president's children then seek out a private school that meets your those standards and pay for it with your own money.

Old 12-25-2012, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RD5050 View Post
The children of Newtown aren't high profile children ... like a previous poster stated.

If you don't understand what this means ... then I can't help you.
So a schoolkid is only in danger when he or she is "high profile", huh?

Old 12-25-2012, 10:18 AM

13,138 posts, read 22,815,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBest View Post
Everyone has the option to send their kids to a guarded school. Big deal.
Everyone with large wads of cash, anyway.

Old 12-25-2012, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by btownboss4 View Post
The Presidents daughters are no more important than any other girls in the country.
Bingo!

Old 12-25-2012, 10:20 AM

11,143 posts, read 10,711,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
You conservatives are funny. You are here arguing that the elitist class should have no extra benefits beyond what you have available to yourself but on the other hand you complain all the time on this board when you think your tax dollars are helping the poor to something you think they should work for or do without. If you want to protect your child in the manner of a president's children then seek out a private school that meets your those standards and pay for it with your own money.
Not nearly as funny as the liberals who are defending hypocrisy.

Old 12-25-2012, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RD5050 View Post
It's not about whether they are important ... it's about whether they would be likely targets for kidnapping or worse.

The children of Newtown are essentially unknowns to the rest of the world.
Too bad the children of Newtown aren't the sons and daughters of the liberal elite. Perhaps then liberals would give a darn about them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies