Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-25-2012, 06:03 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,005,925 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
And you cons harping on a doobie Obama smoked nearly 30 years ago isn't pathetic?
I don't care if Obama smoked marijuana. I support legalization of all drugs.

You seem confused.

This thread is about Sam Donaldson claiming that the republic only belongs to certain people - and instead of talking about that, you have brought up homosexuality and marijuana.

Huh?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-25-2012, 06:17 PM

9,828 posts, read 9,416,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
Why are you opposed to lower taxes, smaller government, and government accountability?
Are those suppose to be republican virtues? If they are, they've been paying nothing but lip service to them for decades now.

Old 12-25-2012, 06:18 PM

10,420 posts, read 10,827,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarius View Post
He is right. So whats the problem.
Bravo Sierra.

Old 12-25-2012, 06:21 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,005,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaymondChandlerLives View Post
Are those suppose to be republican virtues? If they are, they've been paying nothing but lip service to them for decades now.
They are Tea Party virtues.

The Tea Party arose against the then current policy of the Republican Party.

Witness the 2010 congressional elections - the Tea Party asserted itself - and cannot be ignored.

Old 12-25-2012, 06:39 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,044,756 times
Quote:
I don't care if Obama smoked marijuana. I support legalization of all drugs.

You seem confused.

This thread is about Sam Donaldson claiming that the republic only belongs to certain people - and instead of talking about that, you have brought up homosexuality and marijuana.

Huh?
I was pointing out that conservatives also bring up the far past of politicians.....but I guess that went over your head.

The homosexuality was pertinent to the contention that Republicans are for smaller government......but not for all people.

Conservative's definition of smaller government is government that doesn't infringe on THEIR rights.

I was pointing out the hypocracy of the right's idea of "smaller government".....that you brought into the discussion on Sam Donaldson.

Old 12-25-2012, 06:44 PM

52,698 posts, read 34,548,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidkaos2 View Post
The funny thing is that when he says they should stop trying to take "back" the country and that it is not their country "anymore" that is an implicit admission that he took the country in the first place. So who is he to tell the other side to stop trying to do something he did himself?

We voted you out of office, so stop trying to get us voted out of office is a completely absurd view to take in a democratic country and all the people on this thread saying they agree with Sam are are also being moronic.
question of the day. donaldson comes from the same pack of leftist morons that shriek endlessly about a couple isolated instances of tea partiers mentioning 'take back our country' yet had no problem when obama did an entire speech about it years earlier

Old 12-25-2012, 07:09 PM

18,665 posts, read 19,968,512 times
Quote:
They are Tea Party virtues.

The Tea Party arose against the then current policy of the Republican Party.

Witness the 2010 congressional elections - the Tea Party asserted itself - and cannot be ignored.
LOL! I'm sure no one will ignore them as Obama is sworn in again, and the Democratic larger than 2010 Senate takes hold.

Add in, by 2016, the House if the TP is not isolated from the GOP, will be held by the Democrats, too.

Old 12-25-2012, 08:33 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,862,130 times
Quote:
George Bush.
D Dubya I

Old 12-25-2012, 08:36 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,862,130 times
Quote:
And you cons harping on a doobie Obama smoked nearly 30 years ago isn't pathetic?
Obama going after Marijuana users isn't pathetic?

Old 12-26-2012, 06:49 AM

397 posts, read 257,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
question of the day. donaldson comes from the same pack of leftist morons that shriek endlessly about a couple isolated instances of tea partiers mentioning 'take back our country' yet had no problem when obama did an entire speech about it years earlier
Look I don't care what the sexual nature is of any politician you support. Busting into a thread as if you have been drinking is not cool.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies