Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-13-2013, 10:45 AM

3,087 posts, read 3,208,428 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
In addition, there is something else to consider. Who is the most likely to die from violence? Said person might feel uncomfortable going into the city of Philadelphia, but it's Black men who get murdered the most. If Philly isn't safe for a White person, it isn't safe for a Black person either.

I have relatives in Louisiana, particularly around New Orleans, so I have an idea of what goes on there. I remember the last time I was in New Orleans, in 1998. No one would ever go anywhere alone. When my sister and brother went to New Orleans in 2006, my aunt basically told them "stay with me while were walking, don't go anywhere, you can get killed here".
I'm about 3 hours west of New Orleans and don't visit the NO area too often but when I go I don't venture off anywhere alone. Though so far my few visits have not ended in any threats, I still would not walk on those streets in a pair of sandals.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2013, 10:49 AM

4,877 posts, read 4,496,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
I'm hoping this is sarcasm.
Not really. Anyone in my family that makes racist comments are Democrtas and Liberals.

Old 01-13-2013, 11:09 AM

72,845 posts, read 62,260,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pandorafan5687 View Post
I'm about 3 hours west of New Orleans and don't visit the NO area too often but when I go I don't venture off anywhere alone. Though so far my few visits have not ended in any threats, I still would not walk on those streets in a pair of sandals.
I know. You're in the Lake Charles area.

I haven't been threatened in New Orleans. However, just like you, there are some things I just won't do when I'm in New Orleans.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies