Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-27-2012, 10:18 AM

3,740 posts, read 3,069,270 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
as I said....

did you feel the same way about the other first ladies projects? or are you a hypocrite?
Look wihat we have here - a TRIPLE FARCE. Congrats.

Everything the Obama's do is for show, and only the gullible swallow it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-27-2012, 10:24 AM

18,381 posts, read 19,006,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin Rossi View Post

more deflection so as to not answer the question.

Old 12-27-2012, 11:18 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,436,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin Rossi View Post

Well now it depends. Some first ladies come into office and use their position to further their goals.
Laura Bush was big into reading and getting kids interested in libraries long before she became first lady, used her position to take it national and continues it today, long after leaving the Oval Office.

Other first ladies just have their "quest" for the time their husbands are in office only.

I think Michelle Obama falls into the latter. She didn't care about kids and obesity before Obama got elected and once out I think she'll drop it like a hot potato.

Old 12-28-2012, 10:54 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,798,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Well now it depends. Some first ladies come into office and use their position to further their goals.
Laura Bush was big into reading and getting kids interested in libraries long before she became first lady, used her position to take it national and continues it today, long after leaving the Oval Office.

Other first ladies just have their "quest" for the time their husbands are in office only.

I think Michelle Obama falls into the latter. She didn't care about kids and obesity before Obama got elected and once out I think she'll drop it like a hot potato.
You are reaching just to avoid giving Michelle credit where it is due. If Michelle Obama found a cure for cancer, many would still find a way to criticize her. Anger, criticism, and attacks directed at someone, who is trying to do something good, is hatred.

I wonder how many people will teach their children to hate.

Old 12-29-2012, 01:01 AM

7,492 posts, read 5,744,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
For the first time in 30 years, the childhood obesity rate is finally dropping! We can all thank Michelle Obama for making this happen!

Childhood Obesity Finally Drops in Some Areas - YouTube
You realize that the kiddo's revolted against her ridiculous lunch programs and they reworked it to make more sense..

At least kid's had the common sense and intelligence to see "stupidity" and not vote FOR "stupidity" like adult voters... Maybe we do have a chance to make it back from the pits of hell we are headed to...

Old 12-29-2012, 08:04 AM

6,897 posts, read 4,749,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
pretty bitter when you can't give a person their due for doing good
OK, they done good, anything else?

Old 12-29-2012, 09:32 AM

3,106 posts, read 9,121,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by magoomafoo View Post
Unless Michelle Obama has personally been in my house, cooking meals for my family and doing the grocery shopping, my husband and I deserve the credit for healthier eating in our household. My kids DO NOT eat school lunches, we pack them. That woman has done nothing more than create a "one size fits all" action in our schools. A lean, fit 140 lb wrestler is being forced to eat a meal with a carb and calorie count designed for a 200 lb kid who can't make a lap around the gym.

I'll agree with you - the First Lady has not really influenced our family's eating habits because we already provide healthy eating and activity for our children.

But, "That woman", Michelle Obama, has done more than just create a "one size fits all" action in our schools. She has raised awareness about childhood obesity and physical activity in a much more visible way. As First Lady, she has the ability to use her position to influence people in a positive way.

My children see Michelle Obama on a commercial doing jumping jacks and suddenly, we're no longer in front of the TV but on our way to the park. Or what about a child who would normally get a bag of chips and a can of over-salted processed canned soup who sees Michelle on a PSA talking about vegetables and suddenly asks mom for carrots and peas for dinner? I'd be happy to give Michelle credit for that.

For those of you saying the poor economy [because people can't properly feed their kids] is the reason for the decline in childhood obesity: BULLSH|T.

Up until a few months ago, we were in a near food-stamps position but we still managed to feed our kids healthy. You think people struggling to put food on the table have the money to go buy the expensive cr@p that is woefully lacking in good nutrients? Or the extra coin to buy some frothy, sweet non-caffeine treat for their kids at Starbucks (yeah...I see this ALL the time)? Trust me. They don't.

Now that I'm working F/T I actually have to work harder at monitoring what my kids eat and what I prepare because I have far less time on my hands. Ordering in and going through drive-thru's are what a lot of the affluent, working parents I know do. And you know, that stuff is just chock-full of healthy eating.

I really don't get the animosity towards Michelle Obama I've seen all over the internet. It's absolutely disgusting and embarrassing to read how so many people find fault with her over something that can only have positive repercussions for children. I admire her for her efforts as much as I admired First Lady Laura Bush (whose husband I could have cared less about). I wish people would take their political blinders off and actually see the good in this.

Old 12-29-2012, 09:34 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,436,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
You are reaching just to avoid giving Michelle credit where it is due. If Michelle Obama found a cure for cancer, many would still find a way to criticize her. Anger, criticism, and attacks directed at someone, who is trying to do something good, is hatred.

I wonder how many people will teach their children to hate.
And I think you are giving her way more credit than she deserves.
In a mere 3 years she's accomplished what no one else could in 30 years ?

I'm not that gullible.

Old 12-29-2012, 09:38 AM

1,728 posts, read 1,776,862 times
If her husband wasnt feeding his constituents gubmint cheeze and soda stamps we wouldnt have an obesity problem
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies