Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-29-2012, 08:30 PM

1,738 posts, read 2,078,365 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valigator View Post
Livingenzyme a heads up for ya..all of these freaks are bragging on the other site they can "turn you" ...its what they live for..dont throw them a bone, they will chew your arm off..and brag about it..then research you around anyplace you have been on the web Pictures, comments, your family etc and post them on all the perv websites to brag they "turned you" ..its what they do..
really?

Old 12-29-2012, 08:42 PM

179 posts, read 193,056 times
Interesting that nobody is bothering to respond to the stats that were posted. They just continue spewing the same hate.

Speaking of hate, you know who Valigator reminds me of? Shirley Phelps-Roper of the Westboro Baptist Church.

And speaking of church, this question is for those in this thread that believe in God. Do you think that a sex offender can be rehabilitated if they are truly repentant and willing to follow the word of God?

Old 12-29-2012, 08:57 PM

1,738 posts, read 2,078,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by caughtinaweb View Post
Interesting that nobody is bothering to respond to the stats that were posted. They just continue spewing the same hate.

Speaking of hate, you know who Valigator reminds me of? Shirley Phelps-Roper of the Westboro Baptist Church.

And speaking of church, this question is for those in this thread that believe in God. Do you think that a sex offender can be rehabilitated if they are truly repentant and willing to follow the word of God?
I'm assuming by sex offender you mean people who've actually molested, raped etc. and the answer is yes, i do believe so.

Old 12-29-2012, 09:16 PM

179 posts, read 193,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by faeryedark View Post
I'm assuming by sex offender you mean people who've actually molested, raped etc. and the answer is yes, i do believe so.
Yeah, that's what I meant.

Old 12-29-2012, 09:22 PM

7,359 posts, read 5,463,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by caughtinaweb View Post

Yes, I do. I don't think it's anything special about God though. I think it could be faith in anything. I believe that people can have transformative experiences that radically alter their outlook on life. Just because I think it's possible, though, doesn't mean I think it is probable. A truly faithful person may make more of an effort to resist harmful impulses but they are still a human being and still may be unable to overcome their urges. So while I think it is definitely possible for rehabilitation through faith to happen, I don't think it's anything we as a society can count on and we shouldn't base laws or policy on it.

Old 12-29-2012, 09:30 PM

7,359 posts, read 5,463,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by faeryedark View Post
It's about power, not sex, if we're talking about rape/molestation. Often the person doing so feels powerless or has had their power taken from them. that's why even rapists who've been castrated may still rape.
And then there's murderers who kill without raping but yet a sexual thrill from it...go figure

Now, it MAYBE different if we're talking about statutory situations
I've talked with people in the past about the whole "it's power, not sex" and it seems like this is just accepted as some sort of received wisdom. Where is the evidence that rape is about power and not sex? I've challenged people to prove this in the past and have been given links. Without exception those links have been about the role of power in rape, and nothing else. So what they do is prove that yes indeed rape can be about power. What they don't do is prove that rape is always and only about power.

Old 12-29-2012, 09:32 PM

34 posts, read 34,268 times
Quote:
anarchy take a bath for God's sakes you still trying to convert the public "sex with kids" is ok..and the I was 20 she was 15?? c'mon you admitted on the other forum you were how did it go? Born with pedophilia...attraction to young males and females..better do a cleaner job of keeping those stories straight..ah silly me we anti's know you cant remember to keep all your ducks in a row, thats why you guys have websites tutoring what to tell the public when they ask about your crime.. I believe the common theme is up the age and change the sex of the victim and swear you were railroaded One offender bragged "hell if ya tell it right, you will even have them feelin sorry for ya" ..right?
this shows folks that people lie about everything. you really don't make yourself look good by lying. if you can't put in a link then most people won't believe you. lol. take a bath. i don't take baths i shower. i think i made her mad. lol

link to your resources please.

Quote:
ooooh we might get livingenyzme to understand more. ooohh that would really make val mad. lol
that's all i said about living. education is never a bad thing.
Families of Sex Offenders Discussion: Change the way we treat sex offenders? - DailyStrength
there's my link to what i said.

Old 12-29-2012, 09:32 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,320,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleverfield View Post
Psychology shows that most sex offenders are not repeat offenders, in other words they are not "paraphilic" (para meaning abnormal, philic meaning love). Rather, they are often individuals who commit crimes of opportunity, and are unlikely to reoffend, especially with treatment. Yet we label these people as sex offenders for life, making them register their name in an online registry and identify themselves to their neighbors as sex offenders, essentially branding them with a scarlet letter. Shouldn't more of our efforts focus on treatment than punishing them in this archaic way?

My proposal is that a psychological treatment program should be ordered for those who offend, and the psychologist would be required to report to the judge those who truly had paraphilias. Those with paraphilias who cannot be cured would be ordered to follow the procedures we now have outlined for all sex offenders (e.g. identifying themselves to the neighborhood, register on a list) for the protection of those around them, but the everyday opportunistic offender, who represents the majority of sex offenders, would not. The non-paraphilic offenders would be required to undergo a period of treatment with a psychologist, and possibly a period of incarceration depending on the nature of the crime.
Rapist and child molestors should be covered in animal fat and put into a pit full of hungry tigers AFTER their gentials are covered in honey and spread across a catus next to four colonies of fire ants in Arizona in the middle of July for six weeks.

Old 12-29-2012, 09:37 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,008,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Sex offenders who commit crimes against children should be executed - at the first offense.
Does this include 18 yr olds who have consensual sex with 16 yr olds?

A great number of "sex offendors" are people convicted of such statuatory "rape".

16 yr olds are children. Execute the 18 yr olds?

Old 12-29-2012, 09:41 PM

12,711 posts, read 13,479,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valigator View Post
Society must take a NO TOLERANCE stance, the daily headlines re-enforce it..
Those of us on the opposite side are "society" as much as you are.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies