Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-28-2012, 03:45 PM

31,767 posts, read 28,800,296 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot_Handz View Post
Well damn...I guess we can absolve Obama from everything then....??
Or anything. You might then have the credibility.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2012, 03:48 PM

8,091 posts, read 5,907,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
May be the Japanese could use your expertise and crystal ball. They've been struggling WITH deflation.
Point to me where Japan has had a massive peak to trough decline in GDP like the US has......

it's apples and oranges.

They aren't struggling.

Old 12-28-2012, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
Or anything. You might then have the credibility.
I've absolved Obama....because I understand it's always been about Congress.

Most of the trash talking I do is in the face of people who defend his admin. You defend the admin under his name, don't you?

Old 12-28-2012, 04:01 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,432,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot_Handz View Post
The money supply hasn't increased under Obama???

Inflation has happened 3 fold.

I have to agree with you, anyone who says it has, is plain full of bologana! i have many many bank accounts, stocks, savings accounts, and money has not increased. Looking at all my statements, money has not increased, anyone can say anything, i have been saving for a long long time, not overnite.

Fiver years ago, i had much more money in all aspects of saving, interest was much better.

Interest is shi-. And i am not someone who has just 5,000 in a savings account.

I can spend if i want to, but choose not too, it is called being smart with the money you have, and to tell you the truth too many people i know, spend it so foolish. On nonesense, don't need it don't want it, too many people that don't have it to spend, rack up bills on the ying yang by credit, worse thing to do.

They can sit in judgement of others, but don't know the first thing about how to save.

Old 12-28-2012, 04:07 PM

I want to know... how has the stimulus and QE helped??? The banks aren't lending. There is no aggregate demand....

?????

If printing more money was supposed to create demand.. why aren't the banks lending like they were pre-crash?

Is it possible that this was just what's best for the banks??

Old 12-28-2012, 05:36 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,442,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBalfor View Post
What inflation?
There has been NO MAJOR INFLATION.
You clowns keep saying there'll be major inflation and yet it HASN'T HAPPENED - nor is there any real indication that it's GOING TO HAPPEN.

Your predictions have been just plain WRONG.

Ken
Glad you finally admitted that the economy is not improving much at all. You're usually claiming just the opposite.

With interest rates at historic lows for 49 straight months and the FR tripling its balance sheets you should be seeing inflation but you're not.

And when the economy actually starts turning around and picking up speed they're going to have to raise interest rates 6 months to a year prior to that which is why the historic US inflation rate looks like a roller coaster of death when the "Keynesians" had their way. They're horrible at predicting...

Old 12-28-2012, 05:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
Maybe people simply can't squeeze another thing into their over-packed houses.
Or about 9 million people gave up on hope and change and have accepted malaise and drifting from one crisis to the next.

Old 12-28-2012, 06:34 PM

2,608 posts, read 2,095,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoJiveMan View Post
You should contact your GOP representatives and tell them to stop obstructing, stalling and filibustering.

And you know it's not my side won {democrats} it's what Americans voted for by a majority {tax increases}. If you can't accept that, then step aside.
You will have your wish, YOU WILL PAY FOR THE GUV YOU LUV, enjoy,

Last edited by CaseyB; 12-28-2012 at 07:38 PM..

Old 12-28-2012, 06:52 PM

Again, where has QE and the stimulus had a positive effect??

where is the recovery???

Keynesians are too busy pointing out that price inflation hasn't happened yet...(which it actually has in many commodities)....but they haven't shown where it's (QE) actually creating demand....

I will tell you why....because it hasn't...

Last edited by Hot_Handz; 12-28-2012 at 07:02 PM..

Old 12-28-2012, 06:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
You really don't know what you are talking about. The fact that interest rates are at historic lows without inflation is exactly in conformance with Keynes, who said that in a liquidity trap, neither government spending more increasing the money base is inflationary. This, from today's #1 Keynesian:
Do you deny:

Because it clearly shows the inability of Keynesians to predict anything economic.

It's a GD inflation roller coaster and you want to use Krugman who specifically called for the devaluation of the dollar by 33 - 50%?

How about a statement from the Philly Fed Chairman:

Quote:
While these risks are very hard to quantify, it is clear that the larger the Fed’s portfolio becomes, the higher the risk and the potential costs when it comes time to exit. And based on my economic outlook, that time may come well before mid-2015. In my view, to keep the funds rate at zero that long would risk destabilizing inflation expectations and lead to an unwanted increase in inflation. In fact, some are interpreting the FOMC’s statement that we will keep accommodation in place for a considerable time after the recovery strengthens as an indication that the Fed is focused on trying to lower the unemployment rate and is willing to tolerate higher inflation to do so. This is another risk to the hard-won credibility the institution has built up over many years, which, if lost, will undermine economic stability.
Speech: Economic Outlook and Monetary Policy Analysis (September 25, 2012) - Philadelphia Fed

Oh, gosh, he's just another right-wing propaganda artist. I mean, it's not like he's in the know or anything.

I mean what's 20% inflation rates between friends?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies