Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-03-2013, 05:28 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,851,639 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBalfor View Post
Um, the CPI does count food and gas. It's just the CORE CPI that doesn't. There's a REASON for that. Those 2 particular items are very volatile - they bounce around a LOT. Gas prices rise every summer and then fall again every winter. Food prices are affected by weather and can thus change drastically up and down based on a single storm. For economic planning or examining long-term trends those types of variations are not useful information because WHEN you take the "snapshot" can drastically change the picture - and thus make long term forecasts or honest and accurate projections etc much much harder. This is WHY the CORE CPI excludes them. They are NOT ignored, they simply not including those in THAT particular metric. The standard CPI does include them and is released every single month right alongside the CORE CPI.

Again, you are simply betraying your ignorance and the fact that you seem to be basing your economic views on the propaganda pumped out by political "talking heads" rather than any fundimental knowledge of economics.

As you can see - food and gas (as well as heating oil) right at the very TOP of the report:

Consumer Price Index Summary

Ken
Nothing about quality. Just hand picked items that change on a whim in order to fool the mundanes.. Replace steak with hamburger. Gee is it any wonder the fraudulent numbers you use don't mean much?
But everybody is using it right? Lemmings
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2013, 08:49 AM

20,460 posts, read 26,319,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
Tell us YOUR credentials - other than being wrong twice about the economy turning around?
The Economy DID "turn around".

Ken

Old 01-04-2013, 08:55 AM

Quote:
LMAO Don't break a nail scratching the surface. When foreclosures are kept off the market prices rise. Less supply. It's a basic economic principle.

Keep posting I can use the laughs considering how bad the economy is in.
When you think 1+1=3 it's no wonder you don't know what 2+2 is.

School is out.
Foreclosures are DOWN.
The backlog of foreclosed home are DOWN.
That backlog of foreclosed homes is being consumed. It's not growing, it's SHRINKING.
Yes, if they were all released at once prices would no doubt fall. And if released it's yearly production of cars all at once prices would fall for those too, and if Apple released it's yearly production of computers all at once prices would fall for those too. So what? NONE of that is going to happen. There's a REASON for that - it takes TIME for foreclosed homes to be processed, just as it takes time for cars to be made or computers assembled. So what?

The reality is that home prices are rising. The fact that YOU may not LIKE that because it disturbs your economic/political views is unimportant and not relevant.

Ken

Old 01-04-2013, 09:00 AM

Quote:
Sorry sport. The economists YOU follow. You remember don't you. The ones who didn't see the housing bubble, use it. The worst collpase since the Great Depression and the ones you blindly follow, the same ones who thought manipulating the dot com market was a good idea. How'd that work out?

The only lunatics are the ones like you who keep predicting the economy is turning around. Two years in a row I believe and you've been wrong both times. Why listen to you? You haven't been right yet. But that is the way of the economic imbeciles like yourself, who keep listening to the ones who have been wrong all along about the economy. Then the lemming comes out, "everybody is saying it" as if that leads credence to the idiotic notion that when a majority is incorrect over and over again people should listen to them.
Sure, that's the thing to do, listen to the Cubs on how to win a World Series.
No, I said the economy turned around back in 2009 - and it DID. Get your facts straight. The ONLY area where I've been wrong is the SPEED at which recovery would progress - as apposed to you clowns who are still insisting that things are getting worse - when the banking industry is back on a stable footing, the auto industry is booming, housing prices are rising, and we've gone from shedding 800,000+ jobs/month to creating 150,000+ jobs/month - ah, yeah RIGHT - things are "getting worse".

Ken

Old 01-04-2013, 09:11 AM

Quote:
What have you been correct about economy wise? One can only say "the economy is turning around xxx" a few times before credibility is gone. That door closed on your posts loooong ago. But keep posting.
Where have I been correct?
Gee I don't know - maybe when I called the bottom of the Stock Market just a few weeks after it's actual turnaround - while folks like yourself were still claiming it was going to collapse again? And yes - the economy DID turn around when I said it did. The recovery has been slow, but it IS a recovery.

Ken

Old 01-04-2013, 09:26 AM

Quote:
Gold is has quadrupled since 2004. From 400 to 1600. The ones who invest care.

Gold is in a bubble???? LMAO you didn't see the housing bubble yet people should listen to you about a gold bubble? Sell your snake oil elsewhere
And gold quadrupled in value from mid 1978 to Jan 1980 - then collapsed again - giving up 2/3rds of it's gains by a year or so later - then hovered at that point with virtually NO GAINS WHATSOEVER for TWENTY FIVE YEARS.

I've seen it all before. Sure, folks who got in early have made killing - just like in 1978 - but if you got in late (or are getting in now) watch out. Gold prices now are barely above where they were a year ago. The S&P on the other hand is up 14% over that time. Gold has likely had it's run - or most of it anyway. Once it sinks in that the dollar is NOT going to collapse and that the economy WILL continue to improve, gold prices will likely plummet - just like they did in 1980.

Ken

Old 01-04-2013, 09:27 AM

8,091 posts, read 5,908,581 times
Quote:
Where have I been correct?
Gee I don't know - maybe when I called the bottom of the Stock Market just a few weeks after it's actual turnaround - while folks like yourself were still claiming it was going to collapse again? And yes - the economy DID turn around when I said it did. The recovery has been slow, but it IS a recovery.

Ken
so when the triple dip occurs... will you then cede to a depression or will you use trivial jumps as a crutch?

Semantics...thats all it is...

We are in a RUT and have been for years.

Old 01-04-2013, 09:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot_Handz View Post
so when the triple dip occurs... will you then cede to a depression or will you use trivial jumps as a crutch?

Semantics...thats all it is...

We are in a RUT and have been for years.
What "triple dip" is that?
There hasn't even been a "double dip".

Ken

Old 01-04-2013, 09:31 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,442,711 times
Retail goes gangbuster when people have excess money.

Necessities is where it's at. Retail spending will get cut back to pay for food/fuel/housing.

Old 01-04-2013, 09:34 AM

8,091 posts, read 5,908,581 times
Quote:
What "triple dip" is that?
There hasn't even been a "double dip".

Ken

Of course there was....if there wasn't QE2 would have never happened...

Oh wait...so that means... when will you cede to the QUADRUPLE dip
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies