Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-26-2012, 05:51 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,629,107 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmagoo View Post
They also decided that the leader of these lunatics,Rev. Phelps,is a Democrat. At least in FOX nation he is. Even if he is,it`s not relative to the story.
Fox Calls Westboro Baptist Church A 'Left-Wing Cult' - NewsHounds
Typical FOX reporting. I guess they figure whoever is so much against homosexuals and run a web site called "beastObama" must be a left-wing cult.

It's too bad FOX always picks a side in every issue, and always tries to associate everything negative to the party they oppose, even if they have to invent stuff.

Old 12-26-2012, 05:59 AM

7,168 posts, read 5,366,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbmsu01 View Post
He might have been at one point, but if there's something that Republicans and Democrats agree on, it's condemning the Fred Phelps and his disgusting ilk.
It would also be fair to say that it is a possibility that Phelps switched sides{ went left to right} and that hate comes from both sides.

Old 12-26-2012, 06:06 AM

10,834 posts, read 14,936,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbmsu01 View Post
He might have been at one point, but if there's something that Republicans and Democrats agree on, it's condemning the Fred Phelps and his disgusting ilk.
I am a hard right winger but what amazes me most is the attention Fred Phelps and his church, mostly made up of inbred family members, gets from either side.

He's a one man freak show with a small band of idiots comprising 0.000000001% of the population yet somehow we give him all this attention?

Old 12-26-2012, 06:14 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,306,967 times
Quote:
They also decided that the leader of these lunatics,Rev. Phelps,is a Democrat. At least in FOX nation he is. Even if he is,it`s not relative to the story.
Do you think that they aren't a left-wing cult? What's your problem with this story? OH! It came from Fox! Of course.

Old 12-26-2012, 06:18 AM

7,168 posts, read 5,366,055 times
Quote:
Phelps switched sides? I`d say you got that right but that`s about it. The left doesn`t share the right`s hatred for gays,hispanics,blacks,climatologists,pregnant teenagers,teachers,the Obama family,etc.
I grew up in a city that is like 96% {D}s and hate is alive and well. I could show you all day long hatred towards blacks, whites, gays, etc etc, ad nausem. We are surrounded by hate but on a good note there is bi partisanship on speaking out and condemning hate. Look how the forum is playing pin the Phelps on the other party, and it is possible he has belonged to both.

Old 12-26-2012, 06:26 AM

29,094 posts, read 26,008,825 times
Quote:
You mean "relevant", don't you?

How is it not relevant to the story? Phelps is entirely wrong in his approach and he is a Democrat.

The funny thing is that if you hadn't made this thread, most CD members would have gone along believing the false tale that the left wing media spews.

Thank you for telling the truth - that the leader of the Westboro Baptist Church is a Democrat.

No wonder they are loony - so is the left!

Old 12-26-2012, 06:30 AM

Quote:
Would you say that Westboro is a left wing cult as FOX asserted? I believe this is the part where we`ll be told that Lincoln and MLK were republicans. Never fails.
Do you deny that President Lincoln and Martin Luther King Jr. were Republicans?

Old 12-26-2012, 06:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
I am not so biased or partisan that I can't see or admit the obvious.
Most of the loony left, are.

Old 12-26-2012, 06:32 AM

12,265 posts, read 6,472,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
You mean "relevant", don't you?

How is it not relevant to the story? Phelps is entirely wrong in his approach and he is a Democrat.

The funny thing is that if you hadn't made this thread, most CD members would have gone along beleiving the false tale that the left wing media spews.

Thank you for telling the truth - that the leader of the Westboro Baptist Church is a Democrat.

No wonder they are loony - so is the left!
Phelps tried to get elected as a democrat in 1992. That`s twenty(20) years ago. [MOD CUT/off topic]

Last edited by Ibginnie; 12-26-2012 at 11:14 AM..

Old 12-26-2012, 06:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoJiveMan View Post
Next thing you know is that they'll be saying Obama is a member of Westboro too.
President Obama attended a church where the pastor said God D*** America!

President Obama went to a church led by a batty preacher, too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies