Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-26-2012, 03:17 AM

41,111 posts, read 25,595,470 times

Advertisements

Obama wants every tax paying American to pay higher taxes. Some of those who get refunds will also now have to pay.

On October 31, 2008, Barack Obama declared: "We are five days away from fundamentally transforming the United States of America. In 2012 he ran for re-election because Obama said he needed to finish the job.

Obama was "not" asked to explicate the altered nature of America that he envisioned and which he was determined to bring about.

Most of America is either not paying attention or subscribes to the vision (the 47%). Furthermore, the vision is brought closer by falling off the cliff. For the vision certainly involves: far higher taxes, even greater government spending, an eviscerated military, government control of business, and a diminished America.

It's a sad time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-26-2012, 03:59 AM

8,732 posts, read 6,758,558 times
I don't mind that a basketball player who makes $53 million dollars will have to pay $2.3 million MORE in taxes. I don't have a problem with the House of Reps paying $7,500 MORE in taxes. It's unfortunate that a school teacher earning $42,000 with children will have to pay $3,000 more, but if it has to be, then so be it. If anyone doesn't think that this pleases Obama, they live in Lalaland.

Obama and the Republicans submit unrealistic budget proposals, neither agrees or is willing to agree to something reasonable, then there is only one party responsible for tax increases - the Republicans because of their unwillingness to work with Obama, and Obama gets what he wanted all along - tax increases. Silly people to think otherwise. Where do people think Obama is going to get the money he will need to cover some of his spending sprees over the next four years? When he leaves the WH the national debt will be bigger, taxes willl be higher, and government will be further integrated into our lives.

Old 12-26-2012, 04:20 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,202,487 times
Obama gave tax breaks to the middle class over the Bush tax breaks.
The middle has to pay at the expiration of one of the tax breaks.

Old 12-26-2012, 11:07 AM

44,882 posts, read 33,154,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
Obama gave tax breaks to the middle class over the Bush tax breaks.
The middle has to pay at the expiration of one of the tax breaks.
I think it would be nice to see what you think were tax breaks for the middle class from Obama. Since a President doesn't raise or lower taxes without Congress, all I saw Obama do was accept the Bush cuts for 2011 which was an action aimed at "buying" votes in 2012.

Old 12-26-2012, 11:11 AM

31,767 posts, read 28,727,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
I think it would be nice to see what you think were tax breaks for the middle class from Obama. Since a President doesn't raise or lower taxes without Congress, all I saw Obama do was accept the Bush cuts for 2011 which was an action aimed at "buying" votes in 2012.
Okay Roy, we got it... tax cuts are merely a ploy to buy votes.

Old 12-26-2012, 11:12 AM

13,186 posts, read 14,933,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
No you are wrong again. Affordable Care Act was a tax cut for middle class Americans.

Middle-class tax hikes or tax breaks: which is greater under ‘ObamaCare’? - The Washington Post

Total middle-class tax hikes, as the Joint Committee on Taxation has listed them, would amount to just $64.6 billion, compared to $343 billion in subsidies and credits. The tax increases in this case would affect individuals making less than $200,000. They include the penalty, plus a higher threshold for itemized deductions of medical expenses and additional taxes related to health spending accounts and flexible spending arrangements.

Old 12-26-2012, 11:15 AM

1,169 posts, read 1,512,846 times
You're foolish for not being able to see the hand controlling the puppet. It suits the banking cartels interests; Obama could give a sh*t as could Romney, who disappeared after the election proving how much he truly cares.

Old 12-26-2012, 11:16 AM

769 posts, read 876,692 times
Another term of Obama and the only middle class left will be party apparatchiks growing fat on the govt teat. They can tax them 100% for all i care. In fact, I demand he does.

Old 12-28-2012, 02:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by softblueyz View Post
I don't mind that a basketball player who makes $53 million dollars will have to pay $2.3 million MORE in taxes. I don't have a problem with the House of Reps paying $7,500 MORE in taxes. It's unfortunate that a school teacher earning $42,000 with children will have to pay $3,000 more, but if it has to be, then so be it. If anyone doesn't think that this pleases Obama, they live in Lalaland.

Obama and the Republicans submit unrealistic budget proposals, neither agrees or is willing to agree to something reasonable, then there is only one party responsible for tax increases - the Republicans because of their unwillingness to work with Obama, and Obama gets what he wanted all along - tax increases. Silly people to think otherwise. Where do people think Obama is going to get the money he will need to cover some of his spending sprees over the next four years? When he leaves the WH the national debt will be bigger, taxes willl be higher, and government will be further integrated into our lives.
So you are willing to go after doctors and small business owners to get people who make $53 million dollars? I do not get why people don't get something so basic. $250k is not millionaires and billionaire and it certainly isn't someone who makes $53 million dollars.

All Obama is fighting for is an increase in taxes that will pay for 8 days in spending. Obama is just having a pissing match with republicans for the sake of it and he is willing to put "you're life" on the line to play his political game. You're life is just a game to Obama.

If we all go after the cliff then the Democrats and Obama gets exactly what they want... increased revenue and a decrease in military spending and that is why Obama is being so arrogant. The constitution requires the senate to pass a budget every year but the senate has not passed a budget in over 4 years so Harry Reid is full of it! That is the bottom line!

Obama is counting on low information Americans and his loyal cult following.

Old 12-28-2012, 02:28 AM

Quote:
Where do people think Obama is going to get the money he will need to cover some of his spending sprees over the next four years?
Obama needs to learn how to budget and cut spending like the rest of us have to do. Obama submitted a budget and it was so bad it got "0" votes... even Democrats rejected it.

Quote:
When he leaves the WH the national debt will be bigger, taxes willl be higher, and government will be further integrated into our lives.
There are people who want the government to control more of their lives, why? I have no clue because they screw everything up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies