Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-26-2012, 01:13 PM

31,767 posts, read 28,847,398 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonymouseX View Post
Why is it a bad idea?

Parents are RESPONSIBLE for their own kids. Not the school, govt or police.

People taking responsibility is always good. Kinda destroys the need for a nanny state.
How do you know the person standing in front of a school, "guarding" kids is in fact not a danger? Only people with good intentions would do that, right?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-26-2012, 01:25 PM

22,923 posts, read 15,513,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkatt View Post
You are never a FORMER marine, once a Marine, ALWAYS a marine.

Why do you wish to denigrate him? Why call him an idiot? The man wrote a blank check to the Unites States of America offering his life to defend our country. You can at least respect that, whether or not you agree with it.
The man did no such thing. He very likely signed up for the same reasons most do; couldn't find a job, liked the thought of adventure, liked the team concept, needed someone to tell him when to brush his teeth and last but not least, knew he needed some discipline to get himself focused.

Blank check my azz! No one signs up abrogating their belief in the right and desire to live. That's just the bullcrap some ex-military use to give themselves some cachet and garner adulation.

Some still living veterans signed up during the world wars for cry'n out loud and didn't intend for their service to comprise a blank cheque for anything and wouldn't think of using that bullcrap to pull some respect out of thin air.

The man's a poser who claims his kiddies are afraid to go to school. You really think he's the only parent who would do that if their kiddies were actualy expressing fear in any quantitative amounts? He's fabricated a supposed fear to allow himself to pose on the front steps and get a few handshakes.

Old 12-26-2012, 01:27 PM

37,152 posts, read 42,265,203 times
I don't have a problem with this, he said he did it so the KIDS felt better. He was not there to stop a bad guy and it's not a full time forever thing.

Old 12-26-2012, 01:28 PM

1,546 posts, read 2,554,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
Another idiot FORMER marine in a uniform means nothing.
So he's dressed up impersonating a marine.

He's a civilian, he is not a SGT, perhaps he WAS, but he IS not.
Idiots are those not doing something about the problem. This is one mans commitment to do what he knows how to do. Thanks for pointiing out that he is a civilian too. I'll bet he has more balls to defend those kids than you do. The mentally sick wacko that killed those kids was a civilian and his mother was an idiot!

Old 12-26-2012, 01:28 PM

6,331 posts, read 5,216,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClevelandMike View Post
Wayne LaPiere is right...look at waht this image portrays.

Marine dad stands guard outside children's school | Fox News Video
Wayne LaPiere said that unarmed Marines should voluntary guard schools? If a uniform provides sufficient protection, why have weapons?

Old 12-26-2012, 01:34 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,463,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamme73 View Post
Gun nuts are insane. I don't know about this father, but the reality is that bullets don't have names on them.

These gun nuts in an emergency situation would be just as big a danger to the public as the would be killer.

Can you imagine having 2 idiots firing bullets into a crowd of screaming people.

These gun nuts are full of fantasies. They really think it is gonna be like the movies, where you take the bad guy out with no collateral damage.

It is frightening how many adults are in the grips of bs fantasies that will get more people injured/killed.

People who are insane, are those pulling the trigger, no more no less. Period, until a trigger is pulled by a whacko, they are not insane, as many of us law abiding gun owners who are responsible in every freaking way.

Who makes a gun nut, someone who owns a gun, let me hear this. someone who wants to protect his family and his own life, that nut!

The kind of person who has had 2 realitives murdered, as i have that kind of nut, the kind of person whose home has been broken into twice, that kind of nut, with every contents of my home, thrown everywhere, that kind of nut!

You do not have to be a gun nut, to do these acts of violence, but a whacko, nutcase, or mental, is leaning towards a lot of these nutcases, those who are too heavily medicated, or not medicated at all, or those who were born plain and simple evil, and these people are out there.

Responsible gun owners are not the ones, doing these cowardly acts.

Someone break into your home, and threaten to kill you, use your finger, i will use my gun, and do know how to use it if necessary, and only then.

Old 12-26-2012, 01:37 PM

31,767 posts, read 28,847,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
Responsible gun owners are not the ones, doing these cowardly acts.
The accusation is not that, but relentless fighting towards what promote their cause. Was Nancy Lanza a responsible gun owner? Or, a coward?

Old 12-26-2012, 01:38 PM

3,963 posts, read 5,701,063 times
The nut will just kill you and keep on moving.

Old 12-26-2012, 01:42 PM

22,923 posts, read 15,513,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonymouseX View Post
Why is it a bad idea?

Parents are RESPONSIBLE for their own kids. Not the school, govt or police.

People taking responsibility is always good. Kinda destroys the need for a nanny state.
Well lets see; firstly it would go to the fact this guy is not equipped nor enfranchised to stand a post in front of his kids school. What are the legal ramifications to him standing out there wearing a uniform he's not authorized to wear in any official capacity?

You must also realize that for the last group of nutbars that have lit up a school, authority figures of any kind held a special place of disdain in their little pea brains. Now this fool has just made that school a target for any who might like to ventilate an UN-ARMED soldier in an "kiss my azzzz" statement before biting the big one.

Now let's visit the liability concerns of this un-authorized guard duty in a known litigious society where some nut shows up PRECISELY because he's heard there is a Soldier standing guard and proceeds to stitch the school windows from the safety of his van in the parking lot. You gonna be O.K. with it if it's your kiddie wounded or killed and this particular nutbar confesses to the cops "I wanted to shoot some kids because they were being guarded by a soldier. It made the game fantasy more realistic."

You'd have that school and that ex-Marine in court so fast his boots would still be smoking and don't give me any bullcrap about him being a "Semper-Fi bro".

Old 12-26-2012, 02:07 PM

2,256 posts, read 2,133,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
Well lets see; firstly it would go to the fact this guy is not equipped nor enfranchised to stand a post in front of his kids school. What are the legal ramifications to him standing out there wearing a uniform he's not authorized to wear in any official capacity?

You must also realize that for the last group of nutbars that have lit up a school, authority figures of any kind held a special place of disdain in their little pea brains. Now this fool has just made that school a target for any who might like to ventilate an UN-ARMED soldier in an "kiss my azzzz" statement before biting the big one.

Now let's visit the liability concerns of this un-authorized guard duty in a known litigious society where some nut shows up PRECISELY because he's heard there is a Soldier standing guard and proceeds to stitch the school windows from the safety of his van in the parking lot. You gonna be O.K. with it if it's your kiddie wounded or killed and this particular nutbar confesses to the cops "I wanted to shoot some kids because they were being guarded by a soldier. It made the game fantasy more realistic."

You'd have that school and that ex-Marine in court so fast his boots would still be smoking and don't give me any bullcrap about him being a "Semper-Fi bro".
I agree with you. That's why nothing will happen.

Police aren't liable. Everyone else is.

You've identified another block in the tower of why nothing will change.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies