Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-29-2012, 08:06 PM

1,724 posts, read 1,471,661 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post
And you have been repeatedly debunked.
Hardly. Our debt is primarily caused by the Bush tax cuts, our warmongering, and shadow banking industry crashing the global economy.

Downturn and Legacy of Bush Policies Drive Large Current Deficits — Center on Budget and Policy Priorities

Quote:
You're over-acting. Or over-reacting at the very least. No one is attacking or blaming anyone....except you.
Read the OP. He is attacking SS and calling the elderly moochers. Plus, what do you think C-CPI does to SS benefits? It cuts them. Many on the right have been attacking SS ever since FDR enacted it. They have been starving the beast in order to attack social programs, like SS and Medicare.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2012, 09:05 PM

24,621 posts, read 19,170,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Common Anomaly View Post
Read the OP. He is attacking SS and calling the elderly moochers.
Okay, I'll read the OP.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.XXX View Post
Disabled Workers Hit New Record in December: 8,827,795...what did you expect with Barracka Claus in charge...who needs to work anymore....We've become a nation of moochers....

Social Security Ran $47.8B Deficit in FY 2012; Disabled Workers Hit New Record in December: 8,827,795 | CNS News
...I see absolutely no mention of the elderly whatsoever.

What I do see is someone suggesting that there is a problem with the Social Security Disability program, and that many might be playing the system at the expense of others.

Might I remind you that the OADI Trust Fund is separate and apart from the OASI Trust Fund, and that the OADI Trust Fund will become exhausted here in in about 14 months...I've got the DI Trust Fund pegged to collapse 2nd Quarter-3rd Quarter 2014.

Once the OADI Trust Fund collapses, it will cause a strain on the OASI Trust Fund.

I can guarantee you, based on my experience as private investigator investigating insurance fraud schemes and worker's compensation schemes that no less than 10% of the people on Disability are committing fraud. It may be as much as 50%.

When I used to sell my services to clients, I would always mention that the average cost of an investigation was $1,700 to $2,500, and would they be willing to pay $2,500 to save $42,000?

These people who are "depressed" and can't work, but somehow they manage to go hang out at the mall and make it to Happy Hour and go bar-hopping and dancing need to be investigated.

Your claim that the OP is attacking the elderly fails.

Quote:
Plus, what do you think C-CPI does to SS benefits? It cuts them.
I tell you what, why don't you go learn about the Substitution Effect and then we can have a reasonable discussion. It's not really fair that I have a degree in Economics and you don't.

And contrary to what you might believe and have been told, it is not a cut to your benefits.

COLA increases are neither mandatory nor automatic, and I might remind you that for 2 years in a row there were no COLA increases in 2010 or 2011.

The fact that you have this preconceived misconception that you are entitled to a COLA increase every year is just cause to call you a moocher....even though the OP did not.

It is further justified by the fact that you demand a COLA increase, but then refuse to take a cut when COLA declines.....like it did in 2010 and 2011.

You cannot prove 100% that you will receive future COLA increases, nor can you prove the amounts of those increases. As a point of fact, I give you Table V.B1.—Principal Economic Assumptions (Page 99) which indicates that the Social Security Adminstration does not believe you will be getting COLA increases based on the numbers they put. The projected CPI's range from 1.93 to 2.80 for 2013 to 2021.

Seeing how you're lacking in knowledge, might I remind you that the difference must be greater than or equal to 1% or there is no COLA, meaning there is no such thing as a 0.7% COLA increase.

Quote:
Many on the right have been attacking SS ever since FDR enacted it. They have been starving the beast in order to attack social programs, like SS and Medicare.
Your statement is false.

To demonstrate that you are nothing more than a bigoted ideologue incapable of handling the truth --- yes, bigoted.....one who holds false beliefs --- you whine about COLA and yet it was Republican President Richard Nixon who appointed a task force to study the issue and then followed through with its recommendations, and so COLA came into being in 1972.

It was Republican President Gerald Ford who then appointed a commission to further study Social Security. Carter was elected before the study was completed and Ford could act on it, but Carter followed through with the committee's recommendations.

Republican President Ronald Reagan then appointed another commission to study Social Security and those recommendations were implemented as well, including removing the Social Security Trust Funds from the General Fund and putting them back where they should have always been until Democrat President LBJ messed it up.

And it was Republican President Bush who pushed for increasing the FICA tax rate to its present level in 1990.

There are only 3 presidents you can blame for "starving the beast": Democrat Clinton, Republican Bush (the War Criminal) and Democrat Obama.

Do you want me to do the math? Because like 2 out of 3 of those are Democrats.

Quote:
Hardly. Our debt is primarily caused by the Bush tax cuts, our warmongering, and shadow banking industry crashing the global economy.
I already debunked your nonsense on another thread.

IRS wage data....

1995 $38,259..... 0.88%
1996 $38,503..... 0.64%
1997 $39,600..... 2.85%
1998 $41,073..... 3.72%
1999 $42,027..... 2.32%
2000 $43,066..... 2.47%
2001 $42,609..... -1.06%
2002 $41,952..... -1.54%
2003 $41,718..... -0.56%
2004 $42,425..... 1.70%
2005 $42,296..... -0.31%
2006 $42,206..... -0.21%
2007 $42,430..... 0.53%
2008 $41,773..... -1.55%

Wages and salaries are flat and declining, which is why you lost personal income tax revenues, however, the cut in the Capital Gains tax rate caused an increase in Capital Gains tax revenues.

Had the Capital Gains tax rate not been cut, you'd be in an even worse position.

If you don't like IRS data, you can look at Social Security data....

National Average Wage Index

1951-1960: 4.09%
1961-1970: 4.45%
1971-1980: 7.31%
1981-1990: 5.34%
1991-2000: 4.35%
2001-2010: 2.64%

Your little NAZI-style propaganda graph ignores reality.

The claim that the National Debt would have been paid off if the Bush Tax Cuts were not enacted and the 2 "wars" never happened are lies.

Look at your wages.......the CBO failed --- as they always do --- because they erroneously assumed that wages would continue to increase at the same rate during the period 2001-2010.

Did your wages continue to increase at the same historical rates?

No, they did not.

The data proves that.

Loss of jobs and declining/stagnant wages led to a decline of household income which caused the "housing crisis" leading to the economic crisis.

You'll want to die as soon as you can, because history will hail Bush the War Criminal as an hero for cutting taxes.

Income declines, taxes remain at their same levels....you don't see a problem with that? That would result household incomes declining faster, meaning you would have entered recession earlier and stayed longer.

Up the road from me in Blue Ash there's a company that packages MREs for the military....450 temps working 10-12 hours per day 6 days per week....but not anymore.

No war, no work....sad but true.

You might want to start looking at the truth instead of just ranting.

Hating on moochers...

Mircea

Old 12-30-2012, 09:43 PM

12,149 posts, read 8,419,987 times
Quote:
I know that SS and Medicare are Democratic policies. They have worked wonders at reducing poverty and increasing the standard of living of millions of people.

You can't say the same thing about the Bush tax cuts, wars based on lies, deregulating the financial sector that crashed the global economy. Of course, Dems are partly guilty here too, but these policies were championed by the GOP and they increased our debt, but who do they attack? The elderly who have contributed to our society.
Actually the Bush tax cuts put money into the hands of the poor and middle class than all of Obama's stimulus programs.

The programs have helped the elderly. No argument. The issue is they are grossly unfunded. The rich simply can't afford to fund them. I'm not opposed to SS. They need to be actuarial balanced.

Old 12-30-2012, 09:45 PM

12,149 posts, read 8,419,987 times
Quote:

Downturn and Legacy of Bush Policies Drive Large Current Deficits — Center on Budget and Policy Priorities

Read the OP. He is attacking SS and calling the elderly moochers. Plus, what do you think C-CPI does to SS benefits? It cuts them. Many on the right have been attacking SS ever since FDR enacted it. They have been starving the beast in order to attack social programs, like SS and Medicare.
I will play along. So it was the Bush tax cuts....we should just let them expire. I'm sure you agree!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies