Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-27-2012, 06:06 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,961,276 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lionking View Post
Only a idiot thinks a AR-15 is more dangerous than a hunting rifle because it has a flash suppressor, a pistol grip and a bayonet lug. Take a AR and take a hunting rifle with a say 10 shot magazine in either and what do you have?, the same lethality.

What military grade rifles DO have compared to hunting rifles usually is a barrel and action that stays accurate after prolonged firing from heating up but accuracy usually means little to a criminal so again what is so dangerous about a military style rifle compared to a semi auto sporting rifle?
I own 2 AK's and one has a red evil grip the other has a black good grip... in order to install the evil red grip I can to remove 1 euro part and replace it with a good American part, to match the parts count Biden created.

So the good grip is on the yugo 70 under folder that takes a bayonet, and has a grenade launching capability.

The SAR-1 has the red evil grip because it makes it more euro looking.
You know how those Euro looks of things make the lefty's so jealous since they think anything Euro is great, the cats ass you know?

As you know with all the recent talk about the 2nd, I still am finding it extremely difficult to get the correct grenades. I am saying, I just found out from the lefty gun grabbers, these grenades are covered under the Right to bear arms..

It's really too bad 500 grenades didn't come with the gun when I bought if from my FFL dealer
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-27-2012, 06:49 PM

7,322 posts, read 6,923,666 times
There is one fact I've heard no one mention concerning the gun issue.
" It is the disarmed that create the problem of violence ."
Wicked people will always find a way to do the dammage they intend , laws do not govern them .
Blaming things and refusing to take personal responsibility for one's own action and encouraging others to do the same, retards a society of rebellious children into further rebellion .
When people are armed there is more respect and the criminal element know their chances of survival are thin should they attempt something stupid .
But when you have a society of people dependent on a police force for public protection , and that force turns out to be a collection agency for the city coffers and cannot be there WHEN THIINGS HAPPEN, their faint assistance to public security is a joke ,and that is putting it litely and even they admit it .
Criminals do not PAY for their deeds , the victom is still uncompesated . ( not talking revenge ) loss of life ,loss of security and income and the inturrouption of hearings and other lost time .
The only ones that win here are the lawyers . Live criminals make lawyers rich , and the liberals feed right into their hand .
The people that do not want to take any responsibility for their own security are he very ones creating the problem of violence and crime .

Old 12-27-2012, 06:55 PM

88 posts, read 103,024 times
To be fair its not about those people. Its about the crazys that get the guns and shoot up schools. The problem comes in on how to keep guns available to the public and out of the people who should not have them. Its not real easy to fix. If the NRA would back some mental check or something that would allow people who are mentaly stable to have them and make them keep them in a safe when they are not being used maybe would help some. I fear that there is no way outside of an outright ban on them like Australia did that can keep crazy people from owning guns.

Not liking where all this is going. It has died out of the news cycle for now. Hope no one else goes nuts with an AR for ever but thats too much to ask.

Old 12-27-2012, 06:56 PM

46,267 posts, read 27,088,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
Only an idiot thinks that painting a rifle pink makes it less dangerous.
Only idiots think a "thumb hole" stock makes a rifle more dangerous....

Old 12-27-2012, 07:40 PM

57,263 posts, read 26,192,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
They used actual AR-15's? Really, when you try to debate your position, you should know what you are debating, prior to debating...

Yea, it's wiki.....but use the other link involved....

AR-15 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Or are you just saying, like most, "oh it looks like that scary military rifle...." so it must be banned crap....

You should really do some research before you spew ignorance....

Ignorance resides with some of the so called expers on this thread, not impressed by your "scary" rifles by the way, getting kind of tiresome. Wikipedia really, please go to the source Bushmaster.

Alright now tell me there were no AR-15's used in the last 2 weeks, maybe you didn't know what a Buishmaster is, or the history of the AR-15.

Cabela's: Bushmaster Firearms AR-15 Rifles

Old 12-27-2012, 07:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post
I give up...... your right, there is nothing we can do because bad guys have the rule of the roost...

Never the less i can and will make legal face to face sales and keep track of who I have sold to in case a gun I sold and is on a 4473 form I filled out is used in a crime.....

I don't wan't to be the last guy in line.......

Since there is nothing we can do to the violent offenders, and all we can do is infringe upon the law abiding, evidently i must become a violent offender... That will be better right?

Some how taking my guns, making it miserable to buy a gun for me will somehow stop bad guys from getting guns right?

I say we bust violent offenders and put them to DEATH once and for all so the liberals can no longer parole them. Not only put to death, but put to death in public so bad guys can see which path their chosen way of life will lead too.

The next hard part is i might have around 40+ guns myself. In fact i don't even know myself what the count really is.....

i don't keep all my guns in one place either, and some are not in any buildings what so ever and I am the only one who knows where they are. Nothing is written it's all in my head and these have been out since Y2K.

Since I am law abiding what are you going to do to get those guns? Ever since Y2K I go hiking a favorite past time, in my mountains. I keep track of deer, bear, and upland birds all the time too.

I make caches all over the place in circles 6 miles in diameter in series of 12. I have 2 circles completed now, and am working on 2 more....

That writing has been on the wall now a long time. I know the sheep want wolves like me banned.. I know you want my way of life to end because it strikes fear into sheep that wolves can live just fine OFF the Government Dole.

I swear i will become a violent offender before anyone ever takes my fire arms ......... My wife knows this and she also agrees...... That's plenty for me...

You know why i am this way and because the liberal left are to blame for the deaths of my family.... How many dead are in your family? How many hours did it take for swat to arrive that time?
The system let me down twice.... In my world you get forgiven once, never again. So far as i am concerned the system is a lost cause, and I WILL do for myself whether or not anyone else likes it.

What can you do about that? Not one damnned thing that's what..

You can trade your liberty for security if you want too. But I never will.
Unfortunately not all gun owners are responsible or honorable, if they were we might not be having this discussion in the first place. Any solutions to preventing criminals from getting guns beforehand?

Old 12-27-2012, 07:53 PM

46,267 posts, read 27,088,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Ignorance resides with some of the so called expers on this thread, not impressed by your "scary" rifles by the way, getting kind of tiresome. Wikipedia really, please go to the source Bushmaster.

Alright now tell me there were no AR-15's used in the last 2 weeks, maybe you didn't know what a Buishmaster is, or the history of the AR-15.

Ignorance is bliss...with you....

There may have been a few "look-like-AR15s" but no actual AR15s were used....

This is the problem with ignorance, "if it looks like an "black gun" then it must be an AR15.....

So no, no AR15 were used in the lat 2 weeks...

Quote:
Although the name "AR-15" remains a Colt registered trademark, variants of the firearm are independently made, modified and sold under various names by multiple manufacturers.
Read, and you may learn something...

Old 12-27-2012, 07:56 PM

1,684 posts, read 1,185,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post

Are you out of your mind? It's you partner who doesn't know what an AR-15........M-16 is.

Chuck could teach you how to balance a dime on the end of the barrel and not dump it when dryfiring. He could teach you how to hit pop-ups at 300 meters. He could teach you how to do a 25/300 meter battle zero on that rifle. You're not even holding it right. He'll also show you how, plus fieldstrip it......(maybe blindfolded in the dark).

M16 Qualification, A Company, U.S. Army South - YouTube

Old 12-27-2012, 08:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Ignorance is bliss...with you....

There may have been a few "look-like-AR15s" but no actual AR15s were used....

This is the problem with ignorance, "if it looks like an "black gun" then it must be an AR15.....

So no, no AR15 were used in the lat 2 weeks...

Read, and you may learn something...
You are using Wikipedia and calling me ignorant please, OK so what guns were used at Sandy Hook and Rochester, simple question.

Old 12-27-2012, 08:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by A. Victor View Post
Are you out of your mind? It's you partner who doesn't know what an AR-15........M-16 is.

Chuck could teach you how to balance a dime on the end of the barrel and not dump it when dryfiring. He could teach you how to hit pop-ups at 300 meters. He could teach you how to do a 25/300 meter battle zero on that rifle. You're not even holding it right. He'll also show you how, plus fieldstrip it......(maybe blindfolded in the dark).

M16 Qualification, A Company, U.S. Army South - YouTube
Is your picture supposed to prove something, boy you must be a real marine.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies