Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-27-2012, 04:20 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,271,474 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by softblueyz View Post
Oh, please. I guess you missed it over the past few years with all the undying adoration bestowed upon him by his supporters. Those would be the same people that are two window licks away from riding the short bus.
So you can't show where the poster you attributed it to, or pretty much anyone, said that Obama is the best president ever!

Because I've not read it anywhere on this board.

But, since you say he's done nothing, I'm providing a link to 194 accomplishments and links to what Obama has accomplished even with the RWNJs trying to thwart his every attempt to make the changes he was elected to do. I have it in word but can't get to the link.

Start from here: http://www.washingtonmonthly.com/mag...ents035755.php

Sorry, from the country I'm in I can't get to the website.
Please google "what has Obama accomplished since January 20 2009" to be surprised.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-27-2012, 05:46 AM

8,732 posts, read 6,779,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
So you can't show where the poster you attributed it to, or pretty much anyone, said that Obama is the best president ever!

Because I've not read it anywhere on this board.

But, since you say he's done nothing, I'm providing a link to 194 accomplishments and links to what Obama has accomplished even with the RWNJs trying to thwart his every attempt to make the changes he was elected to do. I have it in word but can't get to the link.

Start from here: The Washington Monthly - The Magazine - Obama’s Top 50 Accomplishments

Sorry, from the country I'm in I can't get to the website.
Please google "what has Obama accomplished since January 20 2009" to be surprised.
I never said a particular poster made that statement. I guess you have been selective in your reading if you missed the adoration, short of him being able to walk on water, that is bestowed upon him from his followers.

You have got to be kidding.

$90 billion on green energy - total failure and waste of money. Changed school lunch programs - bascially feeding kids empty calories and starving kids - dictating what they can and can't eat. Unemployment was 5.0% December 2007, 7.3% December 2008, 9.9% December 2009, 9.4% December 2010, 8.5% December 2011. And in 2012 month unemployment rate was determined by different methods - counting a part time job as full time, omitting one state just before election which brought the rate down. Reforming health care - how do you count something that isn't proven? Pandering to illegals in the US and to the countries where illegals in America came from. Encouraging people to collect food stamps because he was concerned about them eating healthier. How's that War on Drugs working out?? Finishing what Bush started (Iraq and OBL). More military personnel and contractors have been killed in Afghanistan under Obama. Extending the drawdown/withdrawal date of Afghanistan. Where are the millions of jobs he promised? Why has the national debt gone up when he said he was going to bring it down? I have yet to hear or read where he admits that he pizzed away $90 billion on his green energy programs. Or was that just an OOOPS project?

I know you can't find any failures because.........................Obama never fails. He seems to have an uncanny ability to blame someone else when things fail. You seriously think that someone with no experience in politics and can only claim being a community organizer makes a good leader? Like anyone else who had the privilege of being President, there is a learning curve - but he had a 4 year learning curve!!! He was too arrogant to take advice from previous presidents - because he knows everything!!! Read the book The Presidents Club. Of course the republicans are responsible for his failures because they won't play by his rules and meet his demands.

America has 4 more years of him in office and there isn't anything that can be done about it. I just hope America willl be smarter in looking forward to 2016 and can find someone who is capable of being president and serving America first, not acting to serve their personal agenda. Someone who has experience in Washington and politics, can work with both sides of the aisle and can at least work towards keeping some of the promises that they make.

Old 12-27-2012, 05:52 AM

651 posts, read 705,008 times
I don't know that being a narcissist is a bad thing in a leader. Some of the greatest leader in history were narcissists. Patton, Alexander the Great, Cesar, even Robert E Lee had a streak in him. Its not inconsistent with a great leader and may even be required.

Old 12-27-2012, 06:16 AM

24,392 posts, read 23,044,056 times
I read some of that eulogy that Obama gave and he did indeed come across as a narcassistic douche. Rambling off track about his trip to Disneyland, he obviously had nobody write it for him and had to do it off the cuff. So he failed miserably. No teleprompter, no President.
That's what happens when your grandparents put your highschool papers on the fridge whenever you get a C or higher. Or when your Harvard professors praise you on your insight and grasp of the subject matter for saying " uhhhh.... ummmm." when they ask you a question.

Old 12-27-2012, 06:53 AM

3,740 posts, read 3,069,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by softblueyz View Post
I wonder how many past presidents had to constantly remind people "I'm President, I won". Sounds like Paper Scissors or Rock.
And the Rock is in the Oval Office.

Old 12-27-2012, 07:22 AM

19,792 posts, read 13,941,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
It seems that Obama managed to mention himself 63 times when he spoke at Daniel Inouye's funeral a few days ago. I can't believe he did that but here you can hear him doing it. I would have presented an abbreviated video of it but many would have been unable to believe it. Yes, the count seems to be 63 times and he was supposedly talking about the Hawaaian Senator instead of the American President.
When I spoke at my mother's funeral, I spoke about how I felt; how she affected me; and her relationship with me.

There was nothing narcissistic about it.

Of course, the right-wing still licking its wounds from a massive electoral defeat wants to cling and portray Mr. Obama in the worst possible light, regardless of how unfair.

Old 12-27-2012, 07:38 AM

12,265 posts, read 6,466,132 times
It`s possible that they don`t think that Inouye was Obama`s Senator. Kenya doesn`t have a U.S. Senator.

Old 12-27-2012, 08:08 AM

32,516 posts, read 37,157,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
I am sure you didn't hear that speech either live or from me. Maybe you need to take a try at it.
I watched it live. He talked about a trip (by bus) his family took cross country. It was during the summer of the Watergate hearings. At night in the motel the President's mother watched the televised hearings in which Senator Inouye played a key part. Nice little story about a Hawaiian boy (the young Obama) watching the senator from his home state (Senator Inouye). A story that would be hard to tell without the use of I or Me or My.

But since you seem to get upset by the very fact that this country has leaners (oh the horror of someone not sharing roysoldboy's political beliefs) much less a President who is a Democrat who doesn't have you on the phone every day asking you what he should do, I'm not a bit surprised this has your knickers in a knot.

[MOD CUT/off topic]

Last edited by Ibginnie; 12-27-2012 at 08:31 AM.. Reason: discuss the topic, not other posters

Old 12-27-2012, 08:25 AM

768 posts, read 879,564 times
When the media are afraid to tell the emperor he has no clothes, the emperor starts believing them.

Old 12-27-2012, 12:56 PM

3,734 posts, read 5,766,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoooka View Post
I don't know that being a narcissist is a bad thing in a leader. Some of the greatest leader in history were narcissists. Patton, Alexander the Great, Cesar, even Robert E Lee had a streak in him. Its not inconsistent with a great leader and may even be required.
Oh, for Heaven's sake! Why don't you add Hitler, Stalin, and Mao to your list of "great leaders". You might as well. Alexander the Great marched around conquering for the sake of conquering. He destabilized the Ancient World, and did much to pave the way for the dysgenic trends and malignant religions which have degraded the collective IQ in the regions he destabilized. The same can be said of Caesar (whichever one you're talking about...Rome raped as much of the World as it could reach). Narcissists march around destroying things for the sake of "glory". The "glory", once all is said and done, is their own. The 'net benefit' of their actions would be in the red... negative numbers: the world would be a better place had these 'glorious' jackasses never existed.

I think Hitler's eagerness, at the end, to destroy the German People, when he didn't get his way with the World, points out that narcissists are only thinking about themselves and the glorification of their own self-images. What Stalin did to Eastern Europe, what Mao did to the Chinese, the havoc and destruction Napoleon visited upon Western Europe (and the Middle East... and Russia)... all those millions upon millions of lives snuffed out... the best and brightest young men removed from the breeding population and used as cannon fodder... all the countries destabilized... cultures obliterated... property destroyed... all for WHAT? Glory?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies