Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-04-2013, 05:44 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,966,028 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraven View Post
You people on both sides of this issue make me SICK!
EIGHTEEN PAGES of vitriol from both sides, and all many people can talk about is that gasbag "RUSH"!
WHO CARES what he said: WHAT are the FACTS?
Yes, the FACTS very definitely ARE important. Rush Limbaugh is NOT! NOR is anything he has to say!
And then there is the talk about what this MURDERER did.
Yes, he MURDERED 20 children. WHAT ABOUT THE ADULTS HE MURDERED? DON'T THEY MATTER? SIX of them, wasn't it? WHY is nothing ever said about them?
FACT: This mentally messed up fool MURDERED TWENTY SIX PEOPLE!
FACT: We will probably never know why he went over the edge.
FACT: After reading the last 18 pages I still don't know the FACTS about what gun was used to MURDER which person. Maybe the "authorities" will eventually let us know, maybe they won't. Since there will never be a criminal prosecution, I see no reason to not release whatever information they have.
By the way, I have heard that one of the California "poster girls" for the anti-gun movement has a Concealed Carry Permit! Can anyone verify this? Of course, she also has armed body guards, AS DOES OBAMA!
and his wife
and his kids
RRIIIGGHHTT...us peasants can't have weapons, but the ELITE can surround themselves with them!

EDIT: Mac_Muz, at last, a sane voice!
Sounds like you know the real problem is insanity.

Yes Barbra Boxer, Nancy Pelosi, and Dianne Feinstein all carry ccw permits for California, and have tax payer armed body guards, and are exempt from most laws that are only intended for the peasant class.

These are common hypocrites of course.

It so happens that I have a hard time thinking any gun grabbers care about the 26. Evidently they are ok with 1 million + abortions each year, so what's 26 more lives to them.

Clearly this is about a power grab, and nothing more.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2013, 05:47 PM

19,632 posts, read 12,226,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmqueen View Post
So if only seven kids were shredded by an AR-15, it's OK?

No. Not okay at all.

But if other weapons were involved, disclose it, since people and the media are publicly talking about this case as if only the one weapon, the Bushmaster AR-15, was used against all the victims.

If they want to limit that weapon, they should also be looking into the other weapons used in the killings, if there are any. It would make no sense not to do so. That information would indicate that the Bushmaster is not the sole "killing machine" in this tragedy. If pistols were used to harm and kill any of those children, they must be as dangerous as the rifle and this should be part of the discussion.

Old 01-04-2013, 06:06 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,966,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
No. Not okay at all.

But if other weapons were involved, disclose it, since people and the media are publicly talking about this case as if only the one weapon, the Bushmaster AR-15, was used against all the victims.

If they want to limit that weapon, they should also be looking into the other weapons used in the killings, if there are any. It would make no sense not to do so. That information would indicate that the Bushmaster is not the sole "killing machine" in this tragedy. If pistols were used to harm and kill any of those children, they must be as dangerous as the rifle and this should be part of the discussion.
Except all guns in the wrong hands, those of the insane is the problem, which boils down to the insane is the problem, and not guns.

There will be no new gun laws that can be enforced.

The grabbers IMO have already had too much say in making laws that can not be enforced and there fore should have 0 say in any more new gun laws.

Can't we please deal with the real problem of insanity and issues related to that which allow killers to fall thru the cracks?

If ever gun were gone in a instant killers would still kill. They would make bombs and create weapons as bad if not worse than guns..

And still we would need to deal with the insanity.

Old 01-04-2013, 06:16 PM

57,271 posts, read 26,206,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraven View Post
You people on both sides of this issue make me SICK!
EIGHTEEN PAGES of vitriol from both sides, and all many people can talk about is that gasbag "RUSH"!
WHO CARES what he said: WHAT are the FACTS?
Yes, the FACTS very definitely ARE important. Rush Limbaugh is NOT! NOR is anything he has to say!
And then there is the talk about what this MURDERER did.
Yes, he MURDERED 20 children. WHAT ABOUT THE ADULTS HE MURDERED? DON'T THEY MATTER? SIX of them, wasn't it? WHY is nothing ever said about them?
FACT: This mentally messed up fool MURDERED TWENTY SIX PEOPLE!
FACT: We will probably never know why he went over the edge.
FACT: After reading the last 18 pages I still don't know the FACTS about what gun was used to MURDER which person. Maybe the "authorities" will eventually let us know, maybe they won't. Since there will never be a criminal prosecution, I see no reason to not release whatever information they have.
By the way, I have heard that one of the California "poster girls" for the anti-gun movement has a Concealed Carry Permit! Can anyone verify this? Of course, she also has armed body guards, AS DOES OBAMA!
and his wife
and his kids
RRIIIGGHHTT...us peasants can't have weapons, but the ELITE can surround themselves with them!

EDIT: Mac_Muz, at last, a sane voice!
Yes 20 pages based on no facts but then the OP started the link based on a statement by Rush Limbaugh, would have been more meanigful to wait for the medical examiners report.

By the way gun owners and those with concealed carry can still want gun control.

Wait for the complete report, this is a serious investigation and it takes time, they need to produce a complete report and from what I have seen they are doing everyting they can.

Mac the voice of reason - oh my!

Old 01-04-2013, 06:20 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,008,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Army Soldier View Post
Just heard it on Rush. So why has the main focal point on the massacre been the AR-15 Bushmaster .223 caliber? It was never used. When the news reports first came out, they (Cops in interviews, Police dispatch reports) reported that the killer used pistols and that a Bushmaster was in the backseat of his car. But never the less, the narrative the media used was that the Bushmaster was the weapon used. Why the focus on the Bushmaster instead of the pistols?
Liberals oppose the truth.

It interferes with their attack on the U.S. Consitution.

Old 01-04-2013, 06:27 PM

1,596 posts, read 1,158,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Statutory Ape View Post
"It’s Friday December 14th, 2012 and the CIA-approved mainstream media talking heads speak on the TV with authority on this newly staged fear event; they seem to know they’ve got their zombies caught in their dark web of mind control this time; for this time it’s a shooting with lots of children, and millions will be able to relate to this soap opera tragedy. This time there will be no escaping their maze of fear as depression and anxiety sets in."

Activist Post: Creepy World of Mainstream Media Believers Uncovered

Old 01-04-2013, 06:39 PM

18,158 posts, read 15,628,539 times
Good grief! How many murders happen across the country every day with ILLEGAL full autos? Being az the MAC style machine pistols are in vouge with the bangers, as are AKs, M16/M4s, and a plethora of other types ranging from cheap to exotic.
So, in light of tbe fact that tbe bad guys will ALWAYS have UNRESTRICED access to any type firearm they can afford, how does taking my semi auto AR from me curb violent crime? How does restricting my ability to slap a 30RIGHT round mag in my AR stop the goblins from getting 100a round drums? The criminal element is far better funded and can afford far more destructive weapons than me. And they get them to. From where? Wal Mart? The local gun store?
So, emptying my towns little sporting goods shop of AR 15s and such and accessories thereof, will stop....what violent crime?
Fact is, tbe hoplophobes just flat HATE honest citizens with firearms. Weapons offend them because they feel they are so far above folks like me that tbey feel I should conform to their lofty opinions. All their rhetoric about firearms is nothing more tban uninformed, shrill, ranting nonsense that makes them feel warm and fuzzy. They have this vision of a Utopian society, where everyone walks around with blank looks and excrement eating grins. Like the Eloi from HG Wells The Time Machine. Arrrrrrrrg!!! It's infuriating! These are the same types that tell us to give the criminals what they want, so they won't hurt us. Tbey tell our wives and daughters to give in to violent rapists, just let them take you so they don't kill you. They blather tbat we should not resist violent crime at all, tbe goblins wont hurt us if we just give in. Tbe poor dear was probably abused as a child and needs help. Ayyeeeeeeeee!!!!
I am armed. I have a CCW. I own many firearms. I train, practice, hunt and compete with them. And I will get ontinue to do so, regardless of what some group of daydreaming rabbit people with delusions of a world without violence. Nuf said...

Old 01-04-2013, 06:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
Good grief! How many murders happen across the country every day with ILLEGAL full autos? Being az the MAC style machine pistols are in vouge with the bangers, as are AKs, M16/M4s, and a plethora of other types ranging from cheap to exotic.
So, in light of tbe fact that tbe bad guys will ALWAYS have UNRESTRICED access to any type firearm they can afford, how does taking my semi auto AR from me curb violent crime? How does restricting my ability to slap a 30RIGHT round mag in my AR stop the goblins from getting 100a round drums? The criminal element is far better funded and can afford far more destructive weapons than me. And they get them to. From where? Wal Mart? The local gun store?
So, emptying my towns little sporting goods shop of AR 15s and such and accessories thereof, will stop....what violent crime?
Fact is, tbe hoplophobes just flat HATE honest citizens with firearms. Weapons offend them because they feel they are so far above folks like me that tbey feel I should conform to their lofty opinions. All their rhetoric about firearms is nothing more tban uninformed, shrill, ranting nonsense that makes them feel warm and fuzzy. They have this vision of a Utopian society, where everyone walks around with blank looks and excrement eating grins. Like the Eloi from HG Wells The Time Machine. Arrrrrrrrg!!! It's infuriating! These are the same types that tell us to give the criminals what they want, so they won't hurt us. Tbey tell our wives and daughters to give in to violent rapists, just let them take you so they don't kill you. They blather tbat we should not resist violent crime at all, tbe goblins wont hurt us if we just give in. Tbe poor dear was probably abused as a child and needs help. Ayyeeeeeeeee!!!!
I am armed. I have a CCW. I own many firearms. I train, practice, hunt and compete with them. And I will get ontinue to do so, regardless of what some group of daydreaming rabbit people with delusions of a world without violence. Nuf said...

Old 01-04-2013, 06:55 PM

4,088 posts, read 4,388,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
Liberals oppose the truth.

It interferes with their attack on the U.S. Consitution.
Maybe you'll listen to a conservative, then:

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j...55534169,d.cGE

Old 01-04-2013, 07:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurbie View Post
Maybe you'll listen to a conservative, then:

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j...55534169,d.cGE
Ummm.. that link only asks for monetary contributions, and never justifies why I should give to them.

Is it so hard for you to understand why I suspect that website is owned by liberals?

Their shtick smacks of typical liberal dishonesty and deception.

Nice try.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies