Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-27-2012, 09:34 PM

20,948 posts, read 19,051,128 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDragonslayer View Post
HIV and AIDS are spread by sexual contact, period. It is not a gay disease and it is not spread by casual contact.
It was, but animals like mcgreevey spread it to unsuspecting women.

But don't let facts get i n the way.

I understand though....if I were part of a group that started a worldwide pandemic, I would deny, deny, deny as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-27-2012, 09:37 PM

30,354 posts, read 51,942,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
There are virtually NO normal people with AIDS.
What a stupid and downright dangerous statement... I'm sorry, but even for you that really takes the cake.

Quote:
There are virtually NO people who "wish" they were gay.
Really? Can you prove that? I've said it before, and I'll say it again - I often wish I were a gay man!

Quote:
"Homophobia" doesn't exist.....that doesn't mean that we can't be cautious of gay men because of the epidemic they spread through the world.
Homophobia most certainly does exist, as you and your cohorts prove daily. And before you say "but but but, I'm not AFRAID of gays," anyone with half a brain knows it means more than that... it means to irrationally fear OR hate gay people, and if you're not hateful towards them, I'm the freaking Dalai Lama.

And unless you're planning to have unprotected anal sex or share needles with these gay men, your belief that caution needs to be taken is the very definition of homophobia - an irrational fear or hatred, based solely on prejudices. In one post you imply HIV can be transmitted through casual and/or airborne contact, but in the next you claim to know better. So are you being intentionally deceitful, or just don't want to admit you were wrong in those statements?

Old 12-27-2012, 09:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbub22 View Post
In our youth, we are young and dumb. I would hate for one of silly sex nights to haunt me all of my life, with everyone to see. I feel the disease along is damaging enough.
See. You performed an action that you are ashamed of and don't want it to be known.

The gun registration people did nothing wrong.

See, lefties have "feelings" about everything, but common sense about nothing.

Old 12-27-2012, 09:38 PM

Quote:
It was, but animals like mcgreevey spread it to unsuspecting women.

But don't let facts get i n the way.

I understand though....if I were part of a group that started a worldwide pandemic, I would deny, deny, deny as well.
You're part of that group too, buddy... so keep denying, denying, denying!!

FYI: I'm a heterosexual female, and still think your "facts" are ancient and mostly inaccurate. What's my motivation? Perhaps I just understand science & history a little better than you do, which is kinda sad since those were always my worst subjects.

Old 12-27-2012, 09:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbub22 View Post
Seriously! I can see it now. Your deep into the moment, then you realize that a driver's check was not conducted. What to do? Hold on, baby can i see your driver's license? Asking that question will by all means remove any concerns of contracting AIDS.
It's easily overcome by simply controlling yourselves.

Old 12-27-2012, 09:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOKAN View Post
Sounds like a good idea. Maybe on a general offenders list. I think it would discourage illicit behavior that results in contraction of HIV/AIDS and help cut down on the spread of the disease. Being that 1-in-5 or 20% of gay men have the disease in the US's largest cities (look it up) and that those folks tend to be particularly promiscuous, I think something needs to be done.
1 in 5 adult residents of DC's inner city carry HIV.

Old 12-27-2012, 09:41 PM

Quote:
See. You performed an action that you are ashamed of and don't want it to be known.

The gun registration people did nothing wrong.

See, lefties have "feelings" about everything, but common sense about nothing.
WTH? How on earth is this even a liberal issue, and what kind of inane conclusion is that? I don't see anything about feelings, nor a lack of common sense in the post to which you're responding... I swear, you just have these stupid catchphrases ready to go whenever you think you're speaking with a liberal (I don't even know if that person IS a liberal).

That poster never said THEY did anything, either. It sounded like a hypothetical to me, but you probably knew that anyway.

Old 12-27-2012, 09:42 PM

Quote:
1 in 5 adult residents of DC's inner city carry HIV.
Are 1 in 5 adults in DC gay males? If not, how do you justify making this out to be their fault alone?

Old 12-27-2012, 09:44 PM

P.S. It's obvious now that your true motivation for this thread was to bash gays - not because you were so butthurt over those gun owners' names being posted. But since nobody else has answered this question, I'll ask again why you believe that article was endorsed by liberals in general? I don't think anyone here is saying it was okay, so your false premise was a fail regardless.

Old 12-27-2012, 09:45 PM

At least 565,927 infected Americans have died of AIDS (2006 numbers). Of these, 540,436 were adults or adolescents and 5,369 were children under 13.

Thanks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies