Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-28-2012, 08:06 AM

4,684 posts, read 4,572,532 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkatt View Post
Remember, they work for us.

Apart from the ones that work for Norquist.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2012, 01:31 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 21 days ago)

29,549 posts, read 16,536,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bily Lovec View Post
what planet were you on ?
all we say was obama yelling:
"we won, we won ! all republicans to the back of the bus ! we won, we won ! !

you lost the super majority because of the disasterous condition you were leading our country too.

im not even going to read the rest of your jibberish.
more proof that the fringe of the republican party doesnt care about the truth.

We grew faster with a democratic super majority (which only existed for 5 months total) than we did when republicans took control of the house.

and and yes, Obama did win, thats the point, we elected him because we agree with him, how is that so hard for people like you to understand.

OH and what exactly would it matter if Obama did yell he won, " My #1 priority is to make President Obama a 1 term president".................... New papers have written articles on the fact that the GOP held a meeting right after the 2008 election to obstruct Obama

Robert Draper Book: GOP's Anti-Obama Campaign Started Night Of Inauguration

and we lost a super majority because the nation fell for Republicans lies, thats it.

Old 12-28-2012, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioIstheBest View Post
Every single one of them is a tax increase on the middle class.

And you might want to look at the earlier posts you made. You asked what taes were going to go up under Obamacare. You didn't mention the middle class.

I list 21 new taxes to fund Obamacare and all you change the question. lols.

Thanks for tryng. lols.
wow, you should really read the entire conversation before you respond to people. Context matters

Quote:
Originally Posted by boner View Post
If this goes off the cliff Obama is screwed. He spent the last two years campaigning about how he wouldnt raise taxes on the Middle Class. Well the Supreme Court has already ruled that obamacare will be funded by taxes paid for by guess who, the MC. And when the Bush tax cuts expire taxes go up on who...thats right the MC.

The prez is raising taxes on the people who voted for him and who he said he would not raise taxes on.

Boner said middle class, i did not think i needed to repeat it, but i guess people like you need the entire conversation fed to you. #FAIL

and again none of those are taxes on the middle class, you do not have to smoke and you are not in the middle class if you make 250,000 dollars a year as a individual.

but again, thanks for trying.

Old 12-28-2012, 01:49 PM

4,877 posts, read 4,506,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
wow, you should really read the entire conversation before you respond to people. Context matters

thanks for trying.
wow, I read the entire conversatiopn. Someone said taxes were going up because of Obamacare. You asked which taxes. I provided a link of 21 tax increases because of Obamacare. You respond that none of them affect the middle class.

In other words, you can't man up and admit Obamacare is going to result in tax increases so you change the question. lols.

Save your money. Your going to have to pay more due to Obamacare (whether you ever use it or not).

Thanks for trying.

Old 12-28-2012, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioIstheBest View Post
wow, I read the entire conversatiopn. Someone said taxes were going up because of Obamacare. You asked which taxes. I provided a link of 21 tax increases because of Obamacare. You respond that none of them affect the middle class.

In other words, you can't man up and admit Obamacare is going to result in tax increases so you change the question. lols.

Save your money. Your going to have to pay more due to Obamacare (whether you ever use it or not).

Thanks for trying.
I just gave you the quote with the text in bold, You have to be trolling because no one is that clueless.

Old 12-28-2012, 02:43 PM

4,877 posts, read 4,506,750 times
Quote:
I just gave you the quote with the text in bold, You have to be trolling because no one is that clueless.
Sorry Charlie,

That guy was referring to middle class tax increases on income.

You asked about tax increases from Obamacare. You didn't mention the middle class.

I provided a list of 21 tax increases becasuse of Obamacare. You didn't like that so you come up with this nonsense about "middle class".

You must be trolling. The fact that you think Obamacare will be implemented without some type of tax increase on the middle class proves you are clueless.

Old 12-28-2012, 02:58 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,261,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Think4Yourself View Post
Obama and the Democrats have done nothing but bend over and compromise since the day the President took office. The problem is even when the President offered $10 in spending cuts for every $1 in tax increases the Republican extremists still spit in his face.
Was it your Democrats who coined the term BOHICA? I first heard it from a buddy from Ohio who was referring to what the Dems in 2009 were doing to us. Did you ever see that offer from Obama in writing or did you just get those words from his people trying to make this whole thing the fault of the Republicans? I would really like to see his offer in writing if you can supply it.

Old 12-28-2012, 03:03 PM

10,553 posts, read 9,647,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Yep, social justice without a way to pay for it. Or taxing working people to death to pay for it. Just like you think Obama is standing for his principles that is exactly what Republicans are doing. Republicans believe in lower taxes and less government.

A democrat is like having a spendaholic wife who does not understand that money does not grow on trees. Eventually you would want to divorce her because you can't make enough money to support her.
Republicans believe in lower taxes for the top 2 % --- they could have had a deal to keep taxes lower for 98% of Americans and they refused it.

They don't believe in less government when it comes to military, or invasions into women's health, but want to reduce funding on inconsequential things like education.

Just who is the GOP fighting for? --- apparently the top 2 % of white males.

Old 12-28-2012, 03:08 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,261,277 times
Quote:
If that happens, then why is Obama screwed, Obama can not pass a single thing. He is not a senate leader or a House leader. You would be blaming him for something that would not even be his fault as he can only sign what lands on his desk and as of now, neither his plan or the house plan has been voted on.

Also, the supreme court did not rule that Obamacare will be funded by the middle class. It ruled that it was legal under calling it a tax. They could have very well ruled it legal as Obama's Lawyers had argued it.

Would love to know which taxes you are talking about in Obamacare though, care to list them with direct quotes from the law itself ?
Oh chit, I was going to offer you a chance to see the new taxes we get with Obamacare but didn't take the time to go to the law itself. The source I have in mind does say that FactCheck.org is their truth seeking source though and you leaners do seem always to like that group. Oh well try this to see what is coming.

Here Are The New Taxes You

Old 12-28-2012, 03:14 PM

8,347 posts, read 7,239,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A. Victor View Post
I'll also say that it hurts to no end to watch these libs ruin our Country and run it down into a state in which it may take decades to recover from...if we ever do.

The fact they can't/don't/won't see it makes me want to revoke their voting privilages. It's a downward spiral straight to hell. This economy sucks and it's only going to get worse and worse.

Mitt could have had it fixed in less than a year........100% sure of it.

We needed a businessman this time around. We got a "look at who won...that'll teach whitey" AGAIN!!
Showing true colors. whitey. that says it all.

where were the republicans, conservatives, from 2000 to 2007 where there were no cries to cut spending or to balance the budget then?

A democrat is elected, then re-elected, and the right want's balanced budgets and spending cuts.

go fish. enjoy the dive.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies