Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-28-2012, 07:39 PM

5,391 posts, read 7,229,619 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetgraphics View Post
Violating an oath to the USCON is not trivial.
Either she supports the second amendment or she should resign.
The SCOTUS has ruled multiple times that gun ownership may be regulated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2012, 07:49 PM

37,168 posts, read 19,194,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arctichomesteader View Post
Amendment 14:

"No person shall be a Senator or Representative in Congress, or elector of President and Vice-President, or hold any office, civil or military, under the United States, or under any State, who, having previously taken an oath, as a member of Congress, or as an officer of the United States, or as a member of any State legislature, or as an executive or judicial officer of any State, to support the Constitution of the United States, shall have engaged in insurrection or rebellion against the same, or given aid or comfort to the enemies thereof. But Congress may by a vote of two-thirds of each House, remove such disability"

I think a strong case can be made that she is giving aid and comfort to our enemies when she votes to disarm us (note China's support for disarming us).
China will never be an enemy as long as Americans keep shopping at WalMart and making them rich, and as long as Amerca keeps borrowing money from them.

They may own America one of these days, but they won't need to fire a shot to do it. All they;ll have to do is foreclose.

Last edited by cuebald; 12-28-2012 at 08:27 PM..

Old 12-28-2012, 08:15 PM

14,492 posts, read 26,592,930 times
Default repped-

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
lol. I'm always wondering why you do that. You just assume what liberals are or aren't going to do. (News flash: The extent of your knowledge about liberals today appears to be what Limbaugh preaches.)

Do you do that as some sort of a challenge? Are you mad because people don't read your link$? Do you think liberals are afraid to look? As soon as you post a link you state "I doubt the liberals/libs/leaners will look." If people put a buck in the bank every time you said "I doubt they'll look" they'd have a hefty sum after a year. Personally I may start sending a buck to the ACLU every time you do it. We'll call it "Roy's contribution to the liberals".
Amen.

we dont look at links from the blaze, have been telling him that since 2008.

Old 12-28-2012, 09:05 PM

19,024 posts, read 14,201,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robbobobbo View Post
The SCOTUS has ruled multiple times that gun ownership may be regulated.
Cites, please.
Which parties, what venue, what jurisdiction?

Old 12-28-2012, 09:06 PM

19,024 posts, read 14,201,797 times
Default New petition

Apparently another DF petition has appeared - this time to TRY the senator for treason.

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/pet...ution/TVq4dXPg

Old 12-28-2012, 10:01 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,264,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Army Soldier View Post
I guarantee this petition that went online today will exceed the amount of signatures it is asking for. Once this petition goes viral, the sky's the limit. Dianne Feinstein has been trying to subvert ownership of certain American's guns for over 10 years. She deserves not to hold any public office nor should she be authorized to dictate which guns law abiding Americans should own. The Constitution is clear.

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/pet...stein/ghStFHDm

we petition the obama administration to:

Ban Dianne Feinstein.

United States Senator Dianne Feinstein has proven today, as she has in the past, that she has absolutely no intention of keeping her oath of office to defend the U.S. Constitution, and specifically, the 2nd Amendment. She has call for banning, registering, and confiscating millions of firearms used my law abiding Americans every day. We therefore demand that Dianne Feinstein be immediately banned from the United States Senate and that she be prohibited from ever again holding public office in the United States of America.
I didn't sign this one although I surely did the one for Piers Morgan. The reason I didn't sign this one is that the woman has been duly elected by the people of the grand state of California and as a representative of that state can't be thrown out of the Senate by all of us who don't live there. If those people out there are willing to go without their guns which the liberals are trying to get done lets just let them take the guns away from all but the criminals and Hollywood.

Old 12-28-2012, 10:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pvande55 View Post
This action smells an awful lot like the Bill of Attainder prohibited by the U.S. Constitution.
Definition: Bill of Attainder.
Bills of Attainder happen to be used by governments to control the people. In this case they are trying to ease someone who wants to use laws to keep people from their 2nd Amendment rights. This bill would be a Bill of Attainder if it gets to the Supreme Court soon enough. You know before Obama appoints another progressive like that so smart Latina.

Old 12-28-2012, 10:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arctichomesteader View Post
You misread it, the ban on holding office can be lifted with a 2/3 vote. No such vote is needed to impose the ban.
They loved that 14th Amendment when they thought it would save Obama's Presidency but now that they see this they think they have to twist the words, or fractions, to fit the progressive thoughts. Thanks for bringing this part in.

Old 12-28-2012, 10:11 PM

13,138 posts, read 22,813,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Army Soldier View Post
I guarantee this petition that went online today will exceed the amount of signatures it is asking for. Once this petition goes viral, the sky's the limit. Dianne Feinstein has been trying to subvert ownership of certain American's guns for over 10 years. She deserves not to hold any public office nor should she be authorized to dictate which guns law abiding Americans should own. The Constitution is clear.

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/pet...stein/ghStFHDm

we petition the obama administration to:

Ban Dianne Feinstein.

United States Senator Dianne Feinstein has proven today, as she has in the past, that she has absolutely no intention of keeping her oath of office to defend the U.S. Constitution, and specifically, the 2nd Amendment. She has call for banning, registering, and confiscating millions of firearms used my law abiding Americans every day. We therefore demand that Dianne Feinstein be immediately banned from the United States Senate and that she be prohibited from ever again holding public office in the United States of America.
Signed. Silly, but signed.

Old 12-28-2012, 10:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
lol. I'm always wondering why you do that. You just assume what liberals are or aren't going to do. (News flash: The extent of your knowledge about liberals today appears to be what Limbaugh preaches.)

Do you do that as some sort of a challenge? Are you mad because people don't read your link$? Do you think liberals are afraid to look? As soon as you post a link you state "I doubt the liberals/libs/leaners will look." If people put a buck in the bank every time you said "I doubt they'll look" they'd have a hefty sum after a year. Personally I may start sending a buck to the ACLU every time you do it. We'll call it "Roy's contribution to the liberals".
But you did protect your liberal mind from being contaminated by reading something like that, didn't you? Do you really think you would have read it if I hadn't said that? I sure as hell don't.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies