U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-28-2012, 08:00 PM

4,506 posts, read 6,010,010 times

Advertisements

Quote:
It's further away. You can't shoot 10 feet away from 3/8"- 1/2" thick steel plates unless you want to wear some of it back. Haven't you ever shot steel plates before?
It wasn't steel plates...it was matches with brush as a backdrop =2nd video....I didn't watch the first.

EDIT: Okay it was officially 20' with a .22lr and he shot the match in half...not the tip off...meh, good shot, not great....can't stand the guy.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2012, 08:14 PM

1,684 posts, read 1,072,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyborgt800 View Post
It wasn't steel plates...it was matches with brush as a backdrop =2nd video....I didn't watch the first.

EDIT: Okay it was officially 20' with a .22lr and he shot the match in half...not the tip off...meh, good shot, not great....can't stand the guy.
The steel plates were behind it though. They held the matches with clothes pins. If a .22 hit one...look out at less than that distance...peeeeeeeeeeeew.

These are some of the ones we shoot on our PD combat course. I pulled them out before the snow hit and am repainting them. Cheap spray paint...you just shoot it off anyway. It makes them easier to see when the weeds grow up during the Spring and Summer. Sometimes pieces of the jackets bounce off them too. You don't want to be less then about 20-25'. This set up is typically shot at 20 yards (60').

Old 12-28-2012, 08:19 PM

10,218 posts, read 7,501,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A. Victor View Post
Um...no it can't!

Not on legal merits.....

Obama will try though.

Spit on the Constitution...spit on you!
I surely hope you are just trolling.....

Old 12-28-2012, 08:19 PM

4,506 posts, read 6,010,010 times
Did you see my edit? It was 20' I looked it up...still don't like the guy...still good shot...not great!

That old dude that shoots aspirin out of the air....THAT'S great shooting!

Old 12-28-2012, 08:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by A. Victor View Post
It's further away. You can't shoot 10 feet away from 3/8"- 1/2" thick steel plates unless you want to wear some of it back. Haven't you ever shot steel plates before?

Change your socks....you don't change the Constitution.
Sure you do, you change it by amending it.

Old 12-28-2012, 08:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kryptic View Post
That's a huge part of the problem. It's called balkanization. Learn about it.
Relevance? Or you just trying to impress me with your knowledge of 4 syllable words and greater?

And balkanization refers to fragmentation that results in hostile and no-cooperative entities.

Old 12-28-2012, 08:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dv1033 View Post
Not even close......

New Marine Commercial - YouTube

Not for a LEO or Fireman either. We all took the same oath.

Obama did too. His words aren't worth a bag of dog**** though.

Liar.........

Old 12-28-2012, 08:28 PM

215 posts, read 168,776 times
Quote:
Relevance? Or you just trying to impress me with your knowledge of 4 syllable words and greater?

And balkanization refers to fragmentation that results in hostile and no-cooperative entities.
Ahhhhhhh, no need to be condescending my all-knowing liberal friend. It might surprise you to know that some of us crazy gun owners actually do have college degrees and, unfortunately, are every bit as intelligent as those on your side who love to throw nothing but lies, slander and scare tactics around as gospel.

I know exactly what the word means, and it's happening daily, right before your eyes; your eyes are unfortunately in la-la land dreaming of some John Lennon 'Imagine' world that will never happen.

Old 12-28-2012, 08:33 PM

Quote:
Ah yes....here we go. The left wing whacks are gonna love this.

CAUGHT IN A BOLDFACE LIE!

Redhanded.......

Obama Takes Oath of Office - YouTube

Old 12-28-2012, 08:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kryptic View Post
Ahhhhhhh, no need to be condescending my all-knowing liberal friend.
What's wrong can dish it but can't take it? Or can only you be condescending?

And keep building up the liberal straw man argument.... You know what they say about making ASSumptions?

Quote:
It might surprise you to know that some of us crazy gun owners actually do have college degrees and, unfortunately, are every bit as intelligent as those on your side who love to throw nothing but lies, slander and scare tactics around as gospel.
Not surprising at all. Get this, I know intelligent, Republican, college educated, gun owning folks who feel the same way as me! But sure keep building that strawman.... all liberals = anti gun nuts all conservative = gun nuts.

Quote:
I know exactly what the word means, and it's happening daily, right before your eyes; your eyes are unfortunately in la-la land dreaming of some John Lennon 'Imagine' world that will never happen.
So more condescending, insulting talk.... I guess when you don't have any facts... all you go do is talk about la-la land and john lennon.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies