Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-28-2012, 01:09 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,142,009 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
The point was that some want teachers acting as trained guards but even a police station with real"armed guards" couldn't stop a shooting.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogdad View Post
So the assault weapons ban did nothing and You dont want to enact CLINTON's plan from the 1990's to put armed guards in schools because you say it does nothing.

What is your solution?

Never mind
Please try really hard to read the post bolded in black.

Then, are you following along?, then tell me where you got the drooling bolded in blue????
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2012, 01:47 PM

1,242 posts, read 3,478,443 times
Quote:
The point was that some want teachers acting as trained guards but even a police station with real"armed guards" couldn't stop a shooting.

I think your image of teachers is like fluffy bunnies. Teachers are people just like cops. Teachers can be trained. Teachers have served in military too.

The article mentioned nothing of 3 officers shooting at the suspect. It said 3 were shot.

And, they did stop the gunman. Imagine if they didnt.

I smell ignorance, go smell yourself and get cleaned up.

Old 12-28-2012, 01:53 PM

13,510 posts, read 17,028,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackhemi View Post
I think your image of teachers is like fluffy bunnies. Teachers are people just like cops. Teachers can be trained. Teachers have served in military too.

The article mentioned nothing of 3 officers shooting at the suspect. It said 3 were shot.

And, they did stop the gunman. Imagine if they didnt.

I smell ignorance, go smell yourself and get cleaned up.
Victoria Soto was a "fluffy bunny" (RIP), by tough guy gun nut standards.

Kaitlyn Roig is a "fluffy bunny", by tough guy gun nut standards.

These are Newtown teachers, one passed, one alive but I'm sure traumatized.

Elementary school teachers tend to be women who don't spend most of their time worrying about what round has the most kiling potential. They do things like read books.... that aren't about overthrowing the government or building improvised explosive devices..

Gun nuts need to get out of their myopic weirdo death cult world for a few minutes every now and then.

Old 12-28-2012, 01:53 PM

4,505 posts, read 6,479,590 times
.....and when that technology fails right when you need it then what? No thanks!

So, gun free zone= cop shop.... only police can take them there, NJ with tougher than usual gun laws....AND ...BINGO! Crazy people are gonna do what they're gonna do! Good thing there were guns there that were designed to protect lives huh?

Must I remind you people of the Aurora CO church shooting spree in April?
...That's right, it wasn't a spree...a CCW citizen stoped the bad guy after only one victim! No nervous Nelly shooting up the whole congregation as you people always say will happen....

Old 12-28-2012, 02:02 PM

1,242 posts, read 3,478,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dman72 View Post

Elementary school teachers tend to be women who don't spend most of their time worrying about what round has the most kiling potential. They do things like read books.... that aren't about overthrowing the government or building improvised explosive devices..

Gun nuts need to get out of their myopic weirdo death cult world for a few minutes every now and then.
It was a simple human to human comparison idiot.

Im not a gun nut, I believe in my constitution.

I do own guns, but Im responsible.

Many school teachers do carry. The ones that do in GA have to lock it up in the car though. No good.

Come on over, Ill teach you to shoot for free. Its really not as bad as the media has lead you to believe.

Old 12-28-2012, 02:03 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,955,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dman72 View Post

We would like to get out of self defense mode, but it's hard to do when fluffy bunny's make unenforceable silly laws endlessly.

Maybe if you changed the law to mean a Death Sentence means DEATH, so convicted killers don't get released 14 friggin times to kill and maim over and over and over and over. and create laws that made sense the first time, instead of laws that can not and will not be enforced like Gun Free Zones, we could...

But no you leftys want legal drugs and we have just had too much of that even when they are legal drugs. You people have doped up your kids and just LOOK how that is working out!

You won't give them the slightest punishments but you will dope them into oblivion no problem.

Old 12-28-2012, 02:36 PM

1,684 posts, read 1,184,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kryptic View Post
And? And what? Just goes to show you you should not be depending on the po-lice to defend you when the SHTF or you are facing an intruder.
142 MPH with the LE chip STILL ain't fast enough.

Neither is the LEO who I have to hold his hand to break out of a 200 qualification score ONCE a year.

Clean those damn bitten off fingernails out of the slide hammer slot please. The McDs strawberry milkshaked you spilled doesn't belong in the action either.

TW-25B grease goes on the frame/slide rails of a Sig Sauer....throw that WD-40 away.

Mil-Comm Products - TW-25B synthetic lubricant protectant grease or oil for firearms, fishing reels, locks and hardware.

At least the bad guy got shot............BARELY!

Old 12-28-2012, 02:59 PM

9,437 posts, read 7,364,856 times
Quote:
Gee, all those armed trained shooters with guns....and...................
And what? Innocent body count not high enough for you?

Quote:
They did stop the shooting, even a halfwit can see that. No one and nothing can prevent a shooting in case that was the point you utterly failed to make.

Old 12-28-2012, 03:12 PM

10,553 posts, read 9,645,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haakon View Post
And what? Innocent body count not high enough for you?

They did stop the shooting, even a halfwit can see that. No one and nothing can prevent a shooting in case that was the point you utterly failed to make.
But the police didn't prevent the shooting, they caused it by not leaving their guns in the gun box as they entered the station. If they hadn't been armed, there wouldn't have been a shooting !

Old 12-28-2012, 03:16 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,955,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A. Victor View Post
142 MPH with the LE chip STILL ain't fast enough.

Neither is the LEO who I have to hold his hand to break out of a 200 qualification score ONCE a year.

Clean those damn bitten off fingernails out of the slide hammer slot please. The McDs strawberry milkshaked you spilled doesn't belong in the action either.

TW-25B grease goes on the frame/slide rails of a Sig Sauer....throw that WD-40 away.

Mil-Comm Products - TW-25B synthetic lubricant protectant grease or oil for firearms, fishing reels, locks and hardware.

At least the bad guy got shot............BARELY!
Gee i thought a strawberry shake was good for Glock Shakes must not be as greasy as they used to be.

Once i dried one out and lit it on fire! burned just like plastic... never been to a Micky D's since.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies