U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-28-2012, 06:57 PM

215 posts, read 168,118 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dv1033 View Post
Which is why we need a unified federal gun control instead of some patch work of laws and loopholes.

And LOLz at people using large urban areas of proof of why gun control doesn't work.... Geeze people have no critical thinking skills.
It doesn't. Montana has probably more guns per capita than anywhere in America and yet, has there even been a firearm related homicide there this year?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2012, 06:58 PM

19,023 posts, read 24,104,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kryptic View Post
LOLOLOL

I didn't even read this before my previous post. KNEW IT.

This feminist wants to act like a man yet can't even do the job. Sheesh.
What can I say..........

I got hauled over to the side of the road pulling out a mom and pop burger joint in Mass. Intersection of I-91 and Mass Rt 2, wearing buck skins like you see in Jeremiah Johnson. I wasn't even straight in the lane pulling a trailer with a live horse in it.

Cop was all over my Flintlock pistol standing ahead of me, with his glock at easy taking if I had decided to disarm him.. That fool totally lost his mental awareness thinking he had a easy bust.

After 45 minutes of his BS I demanded to be arrested or let go... Total illegal search. I told him he would be lucky to get a job in the place i just ate and the bill for the SPCA would be steep too...

As to trained cops shooting

For years i shot team shoots with cops against buck Skinners and we Skinners never once lost a match...

Cops carry guns, they seldom shoot any. These matches were flintlocks against what the cops shoot and we switch. Skinner win with both sets of guns and we have to load flinters for the cops because they can't.

Reading trained is funny...... Now a few cops who shoot for a hobby can be better than fair, but most are not hobby shooters or hunters.

Old 12-28-2012, 06:59 PM

13,893 posts, read 12,590,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
If trained cops couldn't prevent one unarmed man from gaining control of one of the cop's firearms and shooting THREE of them, what makes any of you think armed teachers are going to fare any better against a determined assailant?
You should probably stop posting to gun threads. Your credibility is already below 0.

Just a suggestion.

Old 12-28-2012, 07:00 PM

4,506 posts, read 5,978,268 times
Quote:
Guaranteed she'd kick your ass up and down the street, and I'd be gladly laughing my ass off while she does it.
...Only as long as I was half passed out laughing at this!

I can't tell you how many times I've heard nonsense such as this from people...never seen it happen....seen it attempted though!

As a former bouncer, I've seen many women THINK they can coldc@ck me only to find out not only that they couldn't...but got owned in the process (Usually so did their boyfriend and/or brother at the same time!)! Then, they cry like little babies to the cops that that big bad man hurt me....boo hoo hoo! I loved it when the cops would tell them that they shouldn't try to punch someone my size!

FWIW I doubt that woman cop could subdue anyone.

Hey! Free trip to Detox for the weekend...enjoy!

Old 12-28-2012, 07:02 PM

13,893 posts, read 12,590,136 times
Quote:
Look at this chick. She's tiny and looks like she should be a model or something:

With all due respect, you could tie one arm behind my back and she still couldn't take me (I'm 6'-2", 200lb).

Cops Shot, Corrections Worker Dead in NJ Police Station Shootout - ABC News
Quote:
Let me borrow those special Internet goggles you use that allows you to size an anonymous individual up at the other end of your screen when you're done with them.
Uh.......honey.............you're the goofyball who mentioned her size.

Old 12-28-2012, 07:02 PM

19,023 posts, read 24,104,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyborgt800 View Post
^^^@ Cryptic.... Light weight! LOL!

Um, doesn't Joizee have some of the tougher gun laws out there?

So much for Police to the rescue....I'll keep my own protection, Thank You very much....she can come out to the scene 20 minutes later and fill out the paper work!
Ya don't need to be big.... about 240 grains does it....

Old 12-28-2012, 07:03 PM

10,553 posts, read 8,873,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint
If trained cops couldn't prevent one unarmed man from gaining control of one of the cop's firearms and shooting THREE of them, what makes any of you think armed teachers are going to fare any better against a determined assailant?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
You should probably stop posting to gun threads. Your credibility is already below 0.

Just a suggestion.
Why don't you answer my question instead? - Just a suggestion.

Old 12-28-2012, 07:03 PM

46,038 posts, read 32,424,309 times
Quote:
It doesn't. Montana has probably more guns per capita than anywhere in America and yet, has there even been a firearm related homicide there this year?
Montana also has a small population for a large state. It is the kind of state where you can shoot off a gun in every direction and not hit a single person.

Old 12-28-2012, 07:08 PM

1,684 posts, read 1,064,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post
Gee i thought a strawberry shake was good for Glock Shakes must not be as greasy as they used to be.

Once i dried one out and lit it on fire! burned just like plastic... never been to a Micky D's since.
LOL That was my neighbor city. He came into the gun shop there to shoot and have his Sig looked at. Oh my God...the laughter and scorning was priceless he received when he showed some "real" gun guys his duty weapon...lol

Had he shown someone at his own Department...I believe he would have got three day off and put on mall parking lot duty when he came back.

Old 12-28-2012, 07:09 PM

10,218 posts, read 7,467,700 times
Quote:
Yes and how many people live in Montana, how about urban areas, gangs, povety level, etc? This isn't an issue with simple answers like, "oh guns related homicides are highest in cities with most strict gun laws, therefore gun laws are the issue." You have to be careful with that kind of causation because it's too simplistic.

How about comparing Montana with Texas? Why is there a difference between firearm related homicides?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies