U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-28-2012, 08:09 PM

3,614 posts, read 3,293,339 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kryptic View Post
Let me borrow those special Internet goggles you use that allows you to size an anonymous individual up at the other end of your screen when you're done with them.
Police officers are trained to deal with ****heads like you. She'd mop you up.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2012, 08:10 PM

19,023 posts, read 24,280,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Maybe cops shouldnt have guns if they cant handle them.
Awe geeze don't say that....... if it weren't for Mikey the cop who shot himself right thru his left hand I wouldn't have my Remington Rand Govt Model .45 acp

At the time the Govt and in their all knowing BS switch from Govt model American made .45's to the berretta 9 for women to use, the NRA bought every last .45 and offered no less than 3 to any PD that would buy 3...

My little town had 3 cops, but the chief didn't want one. That was a problem for the other 2 and so they got the chief to sign me off as a cop LOL.....

No one even asked me if I wanted one until the 2 had the chiefs permission.... Gotta love that.

I regret just buying the one... I should have bought at least 2 of each....

Singer, Union Pacific, the rand and Colt...........

Old 12-28-2012, 08:11 PM

14,870 posts, read 19,675,374 times
I really hope something gets done, this gun violence is out of control and it is way to easy for people to go out and buy a gun.... A good friend of mine tried to buy an iPhone off craigslist, instead the seller shoots and kills him. even if he did have a gun to protect him there was no way he would of used it in time to protect himself...

The guy who shot him even had a criminal record.

Police: St. Paul teen fatally shot by Craigslist seller - KMSP-TV

And than you have this story, when you buy a gun, you should be required to buy some sort of safe to keep it in... especially if you have kids.

St. Paul: Toddler accidentally shot in head in East Side home - TwinCities.com

Old 12-28-2012, 08:11 PM

215 posts, read 169,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
Uh.......honey.............you're the goofyball who mentioned her size.
Uh, yeah, her picture is right there. Judging on facial (bone) structure it's pretty apparent she is a small gal. Of course, I could be wrong and she could be heavyset and/or big boned, but I can assure you there isn't a woman on this planet that is going to try to take me and not have some serious issues in the process.

I'm not going to go into war stories or claim I'm this or that (I mean, really, I could claim I'm a UFC fighter and I'm 6'-8"-280lb), but I can assure you I'm not a punk and I've been in my share of scraps growing up in Minneapolis.

Old 12-28-2012, 08:14 PM

4,506 posts, read 6,029,345 times
Quote:
Ya don't need to be big.... about 240 grains does it....
Hmmm.....EXACTLY!!!! Ding ding ding! We have a WINNER folks! THAT'S why we have guns....equalizers!

Quote:
If trained cops couldn't prevent one unarmed man from gaining control of one of the cop's firearms and shooting THREE of them, what makes any of you think armed teachers are going to fare any better against a determined assailant?
Well, IF you could even fathom what you just did....you'd be laughing as hard as everyone else is right now!

Let me break it down for you...try to keep up, I'll make it simple:

Quote:
If the FEMALE cop couldn't prevent one unarmed man from gaining control of HER firearm and shooting ONE of them, what makes any of you think armed teachers are going to fare any better against a determined assailant?
Okay....here goes....ONE cop was shot because SHE was easily overpowered alowing the bad guy access to her gun....GUY with GOOD GUNS shoot and kill bad guy, but not before this stunning example of why affirmative action of a joke gets another officer killed.

See what you did there....two birds with one shot....er stone!

FWIW If you actually READ the information instead of NPR's talking points....you'd know that ONE officer was shot and two others had injuries UNRELATED to gunshots.... That means they got minor Boo Boos....NOT SHOT!

As for the teachers.....I'm not FOR arming them....I'm FOR ALLOWING them to be armed if they choose!
Also, NO ONE! NO ONE can stop something like this from STARTING...but the BEST we can do is have the means of stopping them as close as possible!

Old 12-28-2012, 08:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kryptic View Post
Let me borrow those special Internet goggles you use that allows you to size an anonymous individual up at the other end of your screen when you're done with them.
Don't sweat it man the left has a super hero problem anytime a female cop gets a spankin. You know any 95 pound female can toss any guy 200+ pounds easy

My own wife has a 155 pound dil do....... me

Old 12-28-2012, 08:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konraden View Post
Police officers are trained to deal with ****heads like you. She'd mop you up.
Like she "mopped up" the yahoo who tackled her to the ground, struck her, removed her firearm and shot her with it?

LLLLLOLOOOOOLLLLL

GTFO

Old 12-28-2012, 08:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dv1033 View Post
Which is why we need a unified federal gun control instead of some patch work of laws and loopholes.

And LOLz at people using large urban areas of proof of why gun control doesn't work.... Geeze people have no critical thinking skills.
We used to have a unified gun law until 1926 when the left screwed it all up. No one had a problem with Shall not be Infringed.

But as time passed we got to circa Bill Clinton and ever since the left has been trying out to understand the word 'IS'

Out here in the sticks gun control is popular... We call it target practice. In fact come by in the morning you can shoot too.

Old 12-28-2012, 08:19 PM

1,684 posts, read 1,077,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post
Don't sweat it man the left has a super hero problem anytime a female cop gets a spankin. You know any 95 pound female can toss any guy 200+ pounds easy

My own wife has a 155 pound dil do....... me
The left wingers have a Superman complex Mac.

They don't need a gun because they are badder and tougher then U.S. Marine, U.S. Navy SEAL, U.S. Army Delta Force, Matt Hughes, Steven Seagal and who knows who else.

Just ask them, they will tell you.

They don't live in fear they say.

Ok...how 'bout living STUPID!

Old 12-28-2012, 08:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by A. Victor View Post
The left wingers have a Superman complex Mac.

They don't need a gun because they are badder and tougher then U.S. Marine, U.S. Navy SEAL, U.S. Army Delta Force, Matt Hughes, Steven Seagal and who knows who else.
Chuck Norris.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies