Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-28-2012, 07:25 PM

10,553 posts, read 9,616,821 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyborgt800 View Post
Hmmm.....EXACTLY!!!! Ding ding ding! We have a WINNER folks! THAT'S why we have guns....equalizers!

Well, IF you could even fathom what you just did....you'd be laughing as hard as everyone else is right now!

Let me break it down for you...try to keep up, I'll make it simple:

Okay....here goes....ONE cop was shot because SHE was easily overpowered alowing the bad guy access to her gun....GUY with GOOD GUNS shoot and kill bad guy, but not before this stunning example of why affirmative action of a joke gets another officer killed.

See what you did there....two birds with one shot....er stone!

FWIW If you actually READ the information instead of NPR's talking points....you'd know that ONE officer was shot and two others had injuries UNRELATED to gunshots.... That means they got minor Boo Boos....NOT SHOT!

As for the teachers.....I'm not FOR arming them....I'm FOR ALLOWING them to be armed if they choose!
Also, NO ONE! NO ONE can stop something like this from STARTING...but the BEST we can do is have the means of stopping them as close as possible!
All 3 cops were injured by gunfire, not just one. But it doesn't say if they were shot by the guy who had been arrested. They may have shot each other, for all we know.----keystone cops.

"Burns was shot in the foot during the barrage of bullets. Thyne was hit on his duty belt causing a laceration to his stomach and suffered a graze wound to his chin. And, Garber was shot in his bulletproof vest, in the abdomen and suffered a graze wound to his head." ----- I wouldn't call these "minor boo boos".

3 Cops Shot: Gunman Dead in NJ Police Station Shooting | NBC 10 Philadelphia
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2012, 07:25 PM

4,505 posts, read 6,463,036 times

I will stand corrected on the injuries...the last report I saw said unrelated to gun fire.

Old 12-28-2012, 07:27 PM

1,684 posts, read 1,181,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kryptic View Post
Chuck Norris.
I'm not sure about Chuck.

I know Matt Hughes is a big gun guy.

Segal is too...he has many custom 1911's as well.

Look at this...those COPs are OWNED!

Seagal and Team shooting Belsco POST Target - YouTube

Steven Segal shooting a match head off a match - YouTube

Old 12-28-2012, 07:31 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,896,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
All 3 cops were injured by gunfire, not just one. But it doesn't say if they were shot by the guy who had been arrested. They may have shot each other, for all we know.----keystone cops.

"Burns was shot in the foot during the barrage of bullets. Thyne was hit on his duty belt causing a laceration to his stomach and suffered a graze wound to his chin. And, Garber was shot in his bulletproof vest, in the abdomen and suffered a graze wound to his head." ----- I wouldn't call these "minor boo boos".

3 Cops Shot: Gunman Dead in NJ Police Station Shooting | NBC 10 Philadelphia
That's the first time you said anything reasonable. I am sure it was a chinese fire drill going on.... Who knows who shot what....... Cops don't get to shoot in NJ very often i bet.. We will never know that truth, and you will still carry on about cops and their training.

I stood right next to 2 NH state troopers who missed a half dead moose 9 times.

I was there because I hit the jeep that hit the moose with my motorcycle. Someone loaned me a claw hammer to get the fender off my ft tire and I rode the bike the rest of the season that way... from August 1st till Winter. I got pics of the moose and the bike.

Old 12-28-2012, 07:33 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,085,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post
We used to have a unified gun law until 1926 when the left screwed it all up. No one had a problem with Shall not be Infringed.
Great then lets go back to a unified gun law. 2012 is a lot different than 1926.

Quote:
But as time passed we got to circa Bill Clinton and ever since the left has been trying out to understand the word 'IS'

Out here in the sticks gun control is popular... We call it target practice. In fact come by in the morning you can shoot too.
But the problem is America has urbanized very rapidily and the "sticks" way is slowly disappearing as time goes on (I won't claim it will ever disappear completely). So how do we enact better control laws that reflect this issue?

Old 12-28-2012, 07:34 PM

3,614 posts, read 3,493,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kryptic View Post
Like she "mopped up" the yahoo who tackled her to the ground, struck her, removed her firearm and shot her with it?

LLLLLOLOOOOOLLLLL

GTFO
Shockingly easy to take a firearm from anyone, cops included. They can't read minds.

And I won't be crying any tears when a cop gives you acute lead poisoning when you try to resist arrest and fight back.

Old 12-28-2012, 07:37 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,896,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Konraden View Post
Shockingly easy to take a firearm from anyone, cops included. They can't read minds.

And I won't be crying any tears when a cop gives you acute lead poisoning when you try to resist arrest and fight back.
Must be meds time for you...... What makes you think anyone in this thread would take down a cop for any reason..

Snap out of pretend world before it's too late.

Old 12-28-2012, 07:40 PM

1,684 posts, read 1,181,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post
That's the first time you said anything reasonable. I am sure it was a chinese fire drill going on.... Who knows who shot what....... Cops don't get to shoot in NJ very often i bet.. We will never know that truth, and you will still carry on about cops and their training.

I stood right next to 2 NH state troopers who missed a half dead moose 9 times.

I was there because I hit the jeep that hit the moose with my motorcycle. Someone loaned me a claw hammer to get the fender off my ft tire and I rode the bike the rest of the season that way... from August 1st till Winter. I got pics of the moose and the bike.
I bet New Jersey and NYC PD sucks. They are too bust dodging the subway and riding lifts.

OTOH...My PD is pretty damn good. They shoot at least once a month...usually twice a month.

The CO is a former State Police CO. I help him with the training. You can't go wrong with State Police and USMC.

Those guys have a nice little range outdoors. No excuses for sucking......

Quote:
Originally Posted by dv1033 View Post
Great then lets go back to a unified gun law. 2012 is a lot different than 1926.

But the problem is America has urbanized very rapidily and the "sticks" way is slowly disappearing as time goes on (I won't claim it will ever disappear completely). So how do we enact better control laws that reflect this issue?
Uh....ever been to an indoor range before? LOL LOL

4,505 posts, read 6,463,036 times
The Segal shot is okay... not that impressive at that range with a .22lr....but okay.

...never been a fan of his though so....

Quote:
So how do we enact better control laws that reflect this issue?
We DON'T! It's NOT the guns that are the problem...it's disarming citizens that is the problem. It's creating FREE FIRE/CRIME zones that is the problem....it's medicating the crap out of children instead of disciplining them that's the problem and it's not holding people accountable for their actions that's the problem! AND It's the 80-90% recidivism that's the problem.

215 posts, read 181,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Konraden View Post

I'm a law abiding, legal gun owning, very mellow Scandinavian-American 27 year old.

And no, I will not register the two (firearm and rifle) firearms I legally own even if that limousine liberal trash Feinstein and her cronies get their draconian laws passed. They can stick it...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies