Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-14-2013, 07:23 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,783,759 times

Advertisements

Pandering to illegal immigrants seemed to work in Boston when the illegals were Irish seeking refuge from the 'troubles". I got a lot of politicians, crooked or not, elected.

The big problem is the Hispanics do not want any pandering. They just want the same opportunity as any other immigrant, legal or not. Pandering to illegal immigrants does lead to defeat if it is accompanied by discrimination against legal immigrants and natural born US citizens that might be a slightly different color or speak English as a second language.

Republicans see Hispanics as a threat to all that is Right and Proper. Democrats see them as another market and business, as well as, electoral opportunity. I see them as existing and future citizens.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2013, 07:40 AM

9,240 posts, read 8,668,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
Pandering to illegal immigrants seemed to work in Boston when the illegals were Irish seeking refuge from the 'troubles". I got a lot of politicians, crooked or not, elected.

The big problem is the Hispanics do not want any pandering. They just want the same opportunity as any other immigrant, legal or not. Pandering to illegal immigrants does lead to defeat if it is accompanied by discrimination against legal immigrants and natural born US citizens that might be a slightly different color or speak English as a second language.

Republicans see Hispanics as a threat to all that is Right and Proper. Democrats see them as another market and business, as well as, electoral opportunity. I see them as existing and future citizens.
Try telling that to La Raza.

I hope you know there is a difference between an illegal & legal immigrant. They shouldn't be compared as shop lifters aren't compared to shoppers and rapist to passionate lovers.

Old 01-14-2013, 11:04 AM

62,945 posts, read 29,141,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmeraldCityWanderer View Post
So illegal immigrants are all secret agents sent from Mexico in order to bring the South West back to their borders?

Has this writer taken their meds in the last year?
No, part of the agenda is to Mexicanize/Hispanicize the U.S. through sheer numbers via illegal immigration. Borders will remain the same. Illegal immigration has a negative impact on our country and it against the law. That is all the argument we need to want to stop Mexicans or anyone else from coming here illegally.

Old 01-14-2013, 11:10 AM

Quote:

Most Irish came here legally so what are you talking about? Doesn't matter where illegal immigration is coming from anyway it is a detriment to our society and against our immigration laws. Hispanics do want pandering to. They made that very clear in the last two elections. They won't vote for any cadidate that doesn't desire amnesty for their illegal brethern. Opportunities are there for those who come LEGALLY. Learn to know the difference. Color of skin or ethnicity has nothing to do with it since there are hardly any white immigrants coming here anymore anyway. I am all for diversity however. Not one ethnic group or nationality should gain favor over another one in our immigration quotas.

Republican see any ethnic group that thinks they are above our immigration laws as not right or proper. How could it not be? Future citizens should come here legally, not illegally.

Old 01-14-2013, 11:11 AM

25,619 posts, read 36,701,448 times
Quote:

You need to come to some of the Western States my friend. As a Latino whose family was from Mexico at the turn of the last century I know for a FACT that this is incorrect. It was like that with my Grandfather's generation but not anymore.

Old 01-14-2013, 11:23 AM

31,041 posts, read 22,077,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vicosal13 View Post
Whites have a land it is called Europe. Do your fighting and defending of your culture there! YOU DESERVE NOTHING, not one speck of land or even a history here. You deserve no culture, no cuisine and no luxury of not assimilating. Everything whites own here is ripe to be taken since it doesn't and never has belonged to them anyway.

These borders should burst at the seams with first world peoples. The entire false American culture should be destroyed. It will only happen if we import the original owners of this land.
Yeah, lets get rid of the white guys starting with this one

http://newsok.com/cherokee-nation-ch...rticle/3707011

Old 01-14-2013, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
Nothing wrong with helping the Cherokee nation as they are all citizens of this country. They aren't asking for Obama to turn a blind eye to our immigration laws or any other laws for them either.

Old 01-14-2013, 02:31 PM

31,041 posts, read 22,077,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Nothing wrong with helping the Cherokee nation as they are all citizens of this country. They aren't asking for Obama to turn a blind eye to our immigration laws or any other laws for them either.
I wasn't pasting because of the article only to point out a man with a 31/32 European bloodline is considered Native American by the 2nd Largest tribe in North America. Whose on first

Old 01-14-2013, 02:43 PM

25,847 posts, read 16,528,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by All American NYC View Post
Do you agree?
I agree that you posted this in the wrong forum.

Old 01-14-2013, 02:48 PM

1,635 posts, read 1,593,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by All American NYC View Post
Do you agree?

Yes. Look at McCain. He co-sponsored amnesty twice and didn't get the Hispanic vote.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies