Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-28-2012, 09:54 PM

1,169 posts, read 1,519,740 times

Advertisements

^Doubt it would spark a revolution, but it would surely spark a civil war. The house of cards falls evenly. While the dollar collapses.. er - "fiscal cliff", gun confiscation is introduced.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2012, 09:56 PM

13,186 posts, read 14,980,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesGTAIV View Post
^Doubt it would spark a revolution, but it would surely spark a civil war. The house of cards falls evenly. While the dollar collapses.. er - "fiscal cliff", gun confiscation is introduced.
One can only dream. Please move to Idaho and regroup. Join a militia. Wolverines!

Old 12-28-2012, 09:56 PM

41,813 posts, read 51,059,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
Household gun ownership has been on a long steady decline to 30%. Guns are now concentrated in the hands of white, elderly, retirees.
..... assuming thi was true the point of taking the guns away from these vicious criminals? ... oh wait a minute....

Old 12-28-2012, 09:57 PM

32,075 posts, read 15,067,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Yep, it seems that Mrs. Feinstein intends to abolish all guns as nearly as possible with this bill but others to come along if this one doesn't work. You better buy quickly or you may not be able to buy a handgun that is semi-automatic. Ammo must also be bought soon along with extra magazines for these weapons. I am buying ammo right and left for my new Smith & Wesson because I have seen through what she is proposing

Say Goodbye To Glocks, Sig Sauers & Shotguns Under Feinstein “Assault Weapons Ban”

Why do you need an assault weapon and extra magazines. Do you really use them for hunting. I think people who use these for hunting are wimps. If you really want to hunt use a bow and arrow and give whatever animal you're trying to kill a chance to fight back. Now that's a true hunt.

Old 12-28-2012, 09:59 PM

13,186 posts, read 14,980,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
..... assuming thi was true the point of taking the guns away from these viscous criminals? ... oh wait a minute....
I don't support taking guns away. That would be unconstitutional. What you are hyping as a gun grab is merely gun control measures which are legal and constitutional. But don't let me get in the way of your pity party. I'm enjoying observing the paranoia.

Old 12-28-2012, 10:01 PM

41,813 posts, read 51,059,937 times
Quote:
One can only dream. Please move to Idaho and regroup. Join a militia. Wolverines!
I got some news for you, there is lot of people out there that are normally law abiding average joe citizens that feel very strongly about this. Heavy handed legislation like requiring fingerprints isn't going to sit to well with them.

Old 12-28-2012, 10:02 PM

13,138 posts, read 22,818,947 times
Quote:
Household gun ownership has been on a long steady decline to 30%. Guns are now concentrated in the hands of white, elderly, retirees. Who also happen to be on the decline. So think twice when you dream of some "revolution" due to gun control measures you don't agree with.
Okeey... that goes against my real-life experience in every way possible but sure, whatever.

It's quite a leap though to accuse me of "dreaming about revolution"; me being in the employ of the government and also being (I thought) quite loud about not looking for a revolution since they generally turn things from bad to worse like the French Revolution to the Napoleonic Wars, Wiemar Republic to Nazi Germany or Chinese Communist revolution to the "Great Leap Forward".

Rest assured though, a massive gun grab by the government out of the blue like that (especially in these crazy-paranoid times) would not have good social consequences.

Old 12-28-2012, 10:03 PM

1,684 posts, read 1,185,696 times
Quote:
Household gun ownership has been on a long steady decline to 30%. Guns are now concentrated in the hands of white, elderly, retirees. Who also happen to be on the decline. So think twice when you dream of some "revolution" due to gun control measures you don't agree with. Half of these "revolutionaries" will be pushing up daisies in ten years...LOL

30%? LMAO

Don't quote your State as stats ever again please.

Last edited by CaseyB; 12-29-2012 at 06:50 AM.. Reason: language

Old 12-28-2012, 10:05 PM

6,802 posts, read 6,716,541 times
Does anyone actually think the proposed bill (if there is one, didn't read OP, soooo tired of gun threads) would pass the House?

Old 12-28-2012, 10:05 PM

Location: where you sip the tea of the breasts of the spinsters of Utica
8,297 posts, read 14,166,733 times
Here's the bill summary from Feinstein's site:
Quote:
Following is a summary of the 2013 legislation:

Bans the sale, transfer, importation, or manufacturing of:
120 specifically-named firearms;
Certain other semiautomatic rifles, handguns, shotguns that can accept a detachable magazine and have one or more military characteristics; and
Semiautomatic rifles and handguns with a fixed magazine that can accept more than 10 rounds.
Strengthens the 1994 Assault Weapons Ban and various state bans by:
Moving from a 2-characteristic test to a 1-characteristic test;
Eliminating the easy-to-remove bayonet mounts and flash suppressors from the characteristics test; and
Banning firearms with “thumbhole stocks” and “bullet buttons” to address attempts to “work around” prior bans.
Bans large-capacity ammunition feeding devices capable of accepting more than 10 rounds.
Protects legitimate hunters and the rights of existing gun owners by:
Grandfathering weapons legally possessed on the date of enactment;
Exempting over 900 specifically-named weapons used for hunting or sporting purposes; and
Exempting antique, manually-operated, and permanently disabled weapons.
Requires that grandfathered weapons be registered under the National Firearms Act, to include:
Background check of owner and any transferee;
Type and serial number of the firearm;
Positive identification, including photograph and fingerprint;
Certification from local law enforcement of identity and that possession would not violate State or local law; and
Dedicated funding for ATF to implement registration.
I don't think Glocks have any military characteristics unless they've been added on, such as laser.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies