Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-29-2012, 08:37 AM

20,126 posts, read 16,157,110 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmagoo View Post
His parents were career military.He was raised on taxpayer`s money.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Uh; not good to insult our men and women in uniform: they're why us civvies can sleep well at night. Sheesh!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmagoo View Post
Nobody insulted them.It`s the president who`s on the receiving end of the insults here.
Uhm.... Yeah, you did. Do you honestly not see that? Seriously?!?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2012, 08:37 AM

645 posts, read 988,796 times
RGIII is as good as it gets folks. He is the real deal and his parents should be proud - first, for being upstanding citizens themselves, and second, for bringing RGIII up right. Now, this sorry fool Rob Parker is as dumb as it gets and embodies everything that is wrong about race relations in the US right now.

Old 12-29-2012, 08:39 AM

20,126 posts, read 16,157,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beans&Cornbread View Post
RGIII is as good as it gets folks. He is the real deal and his parents should be proud - first, for being upstanding citizens themselves, and second, for bringing RGIII up right. Now, this sorry fool Rob Parker is as dumb as it gets and embodies everything that is wrong about race relations in the US right now.
I wish I could rep you more than once.

Old 12-29-2012, 08:56 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,862,130 times
ESPN’s Rob Parker, who questioned whether Griffin was “a brother or … a cornball brother” on the air, citing his white fiancee Rebecca Liddicoat and supposed conservative politics as reasons for his disparaging remarks – most have been enthused and supportive of Griffin.

Nothing more than a racist scumbag.
Only a 30 day suspension? ESPN should be ashamed of themselves.

Old 12-29-2012, 09:14 AM

45 posts, read 66,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.XXX View Post
He's a terrific roll model for any young man, black or white.
Certainly a lot better than Obama!!!

Building An Empire: Debating The Future Worth Of RGIII « CBS DC
Smh, so if a black American man date a white woman he will be considered a "cornball brother"? I think that comment is very ignorant and why is he worrying about RG3 lifestyle outside of football? No man should be worrying about what another man is doing in his life. In my opinion, that's a female trait for them to worry about their man.

So I guess I'm a cornball by American standards.

Old 12-29-2012, 09:14 AM
PDD

8,773 posts, read 18,387,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHouse9 View Post
They served their country and were paid for that service.

I agree, RGIII is a far better role model that Obama. The arrogance from the Idiot-in-Chief is second to none. RGIII has handled himself well and carried himself even better this year.

Can you imagine if Obama ran the NFL? The Patriots would be sharing their points with the Jaguars. QBs would be told "You didn't throw that!". Attendance numbers would be fudged to make them look better than they are. There would never be a Superbowl as Obama would have divided everyone so much that they couldn't agree on where and when to play it.
Thank you, I had an opening on my ignore list and you will fit in nicely.

Old 01-08-2013, 10:33 AM

5,960 posts, read 5,546,008 times
Default RGIII:"Pushes His People Away"

ESPN host Rob Parker suggests RGIII ‘pushes away’ from ‘his people’ | theGrio

Quote:
It was just a conversation that’s had in the black community when athletes, or famous entertainers or whatever, push away from their people. And that’s really what it’s about. You saw it with O.J. Simpson, and some other people, where they say, ‘Well I’m not black, I’m O.J.’ So it’s more about that, not about RGIII and what’s going on. It’s more about this thing that we’ve battled for years and why people have pushed away from their people. It’s more about that.
The pressure for Robert Griffin III to conform and be a failure must be intense.

Hats off to him for ignoring the crowd and succeeding despite what it does to his personal reputation.

Old 01-08-2013, 10:34 AM

6,331 posts, read 5,209,760 times
Who is Robert Griffin III?? Any relation to Thurston Howell III?

Old 01-08-2013, 10:38 AM

2,003 posts, read 1,545,462 times
I usually assume that "RGIII" is a new Android phone.

In any case, sorry, clb10, but most of us black folks don't associate being black with being a failure. That seems to be your personal hangup.

Old 01-08-2013, 10:46 AM

31,387 posts, read 37,045,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clb10 View Post
Hats off to him for ignoring the crowd and succeeding despite what it does to his personal reputation.
First of all, there is no evidence whatsoever that Griffin is pushing away from anyone. His comment was pitch perfect when asked by reporters to who were looking to put him in the "black quarterback" box.
“I am an African-American in America. That will never change. But I don’t have to be defined by that…We always try to find similarities in life, no matter what it is so they’re going to try to put you in a box with other African-American quarterbacks – Vick, Newton, Randall Cunningham, Warren Moon…That’s the goal. Just to go out and not try to prove anybody wrong but just let your talents speak for themselves.”
Frankly Rob Parker's comment was as idiotic as the questions that spurred Griffin to respond.\

Second of all, who is this imaginary crowd that you are referring to since the only person who appears to be raising this issue, is Parker.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies