Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-29-2012, 11:26 AM

8,347 posts, read 7,239,563 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Some_Random_Guy View Post
Yes, he can get away with it. What do you think that says about our society?
First amendment of our constitution?

Old 12-29-2012, 11:27 AM

482 posts, read 798,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LAWS View Post
I think it pertains to certain individuals like black supremacist Michael X...
Michael X - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I guess its a comment similar to the hipocrisy of white slave owners who had relations with black slaves.
At first I thought you were saying Malcolm X.lol.But yes, that's an good example.

Old 12-29-2012, 11:28 AM

29,094 posts, read 26,003,249 times
Quote:
I think it pertains to certain individuals like black supremacist Michael X...
Michael X - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I guess its a comment similar to the hipocrisy of white slave owners who had relations with black slaves.
OK, but many slave owners didn't hate black people. They certainly didn't see them as equals, otherwise they never would have owned these people as property.

The simple wrong act of owning a person as a slave does not equate to hate. So, the fact that some slave owners had "extraordinary relations" with some of their slaves shouldn't be such a surprise.

Rape is another issue entirely, and can never be condoned.

Old 12-29-2012, 11:29 AM

482 posts, read 798,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
So you're definitely an equal opportunity luster.........

Yes I am.

Old 12-29-2012, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rural City Gal View Post
Don't worry it's a little joke, but have some fact to it. Militant black men who talks like Jaimie love white women.And in the movie he does kill one white woman.I am just saying in real life Jaimie likes white women, and his two baby mommas are white,even though in reality he might have a grudge against white men(I don't know). And I was also saying that black men who are extremist with the whole black power thing usually loves white women,in a genral context, not just with Mr.Foxx. Now, if you still do not understand what I am talking about, I can't do nothing else to help you.It's an factual joke that I,as a black woman was poking fun at.Don't worry about it.
OK. I won't. Thanks for the explanation.

Old 12-29-2012, 11:33 AM

768 posts, read 879,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
OK, but many slave owners didn't hate black people. Those certainly didn't see them as equals, otherwise they never would have owned these people as property. The simple wrong act of owning a person as a slave does not equate to hate. So, the fact that some slave owners had "extraordinary relations" with some of their slaves shouldn't be such a surprise.

Rape is another issue entirely, and can never be condoned.
Well, hate takes many forms, and i dont even think all racism can be considered 'hate'. Affirmative action is racism, but not hate as such. Im just saying love and lust are two different things. Blacks militants who lust after white woman need not 'like' them as humans, just as white slave owners who lusted after black slaves need not like them either. Sexual attraction is a seperate issue to liking people. Im sure many people im sexually attracted to I would nonetheless hate as people. Some people I have no attraction to, i would still very much enjoy the intellectual company of.

Old 12-29-2012, 11:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoJiveMan View Post
First amendment of our constitution?
The 1st Amendment concerns government sanction of speech - namely, that most speech is protected from action against the speaker, by the government.

In the context of Foxx's comment, "getting away" doesn't involve the government, but public perception. And there is no doubt that a white actor who bragged about killing all the black people in a movie would be mercilessly excorciated by the public, where Jamie Foxx gets a free pass because he is black.

That is the point, also that being hung up on skin color is an exercise in futility.

We are all people - that is what Dr, King taught us.

I hope that Jamie Foxx understands this - or can.

Old 12-29-2012, 11:41 AM

Quote:
Well, hate takes many forms, and i dont even think all racism can be considered 'hate'. Affirmative action is racism, but not hate as such. Im just saying love and lust are two different things. Blacks militants who lust after white woman need not 'like' them as humans, just as white slave owners who lusted after black slaves need not like them either. Sexual attraction is a seperate issue to liking people. Im sure many people im sexually attracted to I would nonetheless hate as people. Some people I have no attraction to, i would still very much enjoy the intellectual company of.
As a person who hates nobody, I can't relate to your idea of being sexually attracted to a person of the opposite sex but "not liking them as humans".

I do understand where you are coming from however, and I think that the ridiculous racial barriers to relationships should be torn down.

I have a HUGE problem with this comment of yours:

Quote:
Im sure many people im sexually attracted to I would nonetheless hate as people.
Why hate anyone?

Old 12-29-2012, 11:45 AM

768 posts, read 879,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
As a person who hates nobody, I can't relate to your idea of being sexually attracted to a person of the opposite sex but "not liking them as humans".

I do understand where you are coming from however, and I think that the ridiculous racial barriers to relationships should be torn down.
What kind of relationship?

You can understand a relationship with a prostitute and a relationship with a wife are two very different things, yes?

Relationship is not a singular concept.

Old 12-29-2012, 11:47 AM

Quote:
What kind of relationship?

You can understand a relationship with a prostitute and a relationship with a wife are two very different things, yes?

Relationship is not a singular concept.
Are you claiming that you, on occasion, solicit prostitutes?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies