Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-29-2012, 07:01 PM

15,912 posts, read 20,189,698 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
Once you've joined Facebook they have a way of tracking all the websites you visit, even if you haven't logged onto Facebook that day. Even once you have deleted your account, they can continue to keep track of you. I'm just amazed how people are allowing their own privacy to be violated day in and day out with social media.

People talk about gun rights. We have far more to fear from the government in terms of information monitoring on the internet. Already Canada and the U.S. have agreed to a plan to share information about who crosses the border and when, allowing the U.S. access tons of personal information about Canadians and I assume vice-versa.

U.S. will be allowed to share Canadian border info under new privacy charter - thestar.com
Wake up, it's far worse than just Facebook tracking you...

Drop by the Computer and Internet forums once in a while, Facebook is the least of your privacy concerns....

Here's one for ya: New Law: feds read your e-mail without warrants

//www.city-data.com/forum/inter...ad-your-e.html

Sorta makes the issue of <drum roll> "THEM" tracking you laughable doesn't it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2012, 07:03 PM

8,091 posts, read 5,908,581 times
Eventually we will just be hooked up to one mind sucking device.

Old 12-29-2012, 07:03 PM

25,619 posts, read 36,680,593 times
Quote:
Or you're being tracked all right ---- and the tie -in between In-Q-Tel, the CIA, and hi-tech companies is somewhat scary.

Many of the companies funded by the CIA/ In-Q-Tel are secret and operate secretly. They're not accountable to anyone except the CIA, and I wouldn't trust the CIA on anything.
Yup, Tor, HTTPs and a bridge relay.

Old 12-29-2012, 07:08 PM

10,553 posts, read 9,645,339 times
Rapleaf | Real-Time Data on 80% of U.S. Emails

And just two of their happy clients:

Microsoft,
ebay

Old 12-29-2012, 07:12 PM

8,091 posts, read 5,908,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogdad View Post
Yup, Tor, HTTPs and a bridge relay.
You're just making it harder...which is a good thing anyway. But there is really no such thing as totally anonymous browsing.

Old 12-29-2012, 07:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamofmonterey View Post
We all know that “he who pays the check, calls the shots,” therefore; whoever controls the purse strings controls the whole project. When it had less than a million or so participants, Facebook demonstrated the potential to do even more than IAO, TIA and TIPS combined. Facebook really exploded after its second round of funding—$12.7 million from the venture capital firm Accel Partners. Its manager, James Breyer, was formerly chairman of the National Venture Capital Association and served on the board with Gilman Louie, CEO of In-Q-Tel, a venture capital front established by the CIA in 1999. In-Q-Tel is the same outfit that funds Google and other technological powerhouses. One of its specialties is “data mining technologies.”
Since when is web browsing "a personal liberty"? Do you pay each web site you go to?

I'm a heck of a lot more concerned over CCTV camera's ability to track me where ever I go than "THEM" keeping track of which web sites I visit....

Old 12-29-2012, 07:27 PM

A very interesting comprehensive series of articles by the Wall St Journal on how the government is tracking you.

The Surveillance Catalog - The Wall Street Journal

What They Know - Wsj.com

Old 12-29-2012, 07:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by plwhit View Post
Since when is web browsing "a personal liberty"? Do you pay each web site you go to?

I'm a heck of a lot more concerned over CCTV camera's ability to track me where ever I go than "THEM" keeping track of which web sites I visit....
Yeah, but first comes surveillance "for security reasons"---then comes control.

A list of the government entities that have attended "secret" conferences on surveillance and tracking:

http://projects.wsj.com/surveillance-catalog/attendees/
Which includes :
Department of Homeland Secruity
DEA
FBI
ATF
DOD
FCC
IRS
the NAVy
the army
U.S. border patrol
Social Security Administration Office
U.S. Postal Service
Just about every Police Department in the nation

They're coming for us !

Old 12-29-2012, 07:33 PM

Quote:
Yeah, but first comes surveillance "for security reasons"---then comes control.
Just how much more can government control us?

Can I go fishing without some type of license?

Can I go hunting without some type of license?

Can I drive a car without some type of license?

Can I travel freely throughout America without encountering a roadblock where they can forcibly take my blood?

The list goes on and on, we lost our personal freedoms a long time ago.....

Old 12-29-2012, 07:37 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,384,526 times
if u r posting here u r part of the data mining program. how do u think they pay the light bill here?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies