Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-30-2012, 01:26 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,841,834 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjwebbster View Post
Damn it, there you go telling the truth again.
it is an annoying habit isnt it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2012, 03:42 PM

488 posts, read 412,752 times
Why do people in the over-developed world believe the advertising that everyone must have obvious affluence no matter their life's station?

Say what you will but we need to ban all advertising from all media. It makes for lunatic assumptions and only dullards that watch the upteen BBC channels and PBS would be left to stare at the idiot soapbox to be filled with lies and more commercials or deadpan infotainment. The web might then be what it should have been.

Would that really be a tragic thing beyond the loss of employments in all media outlets from lack of funds?

(Hmm, I forgot I blocked out all the ads in my browser. I might get banned...)

Old 12-30-2012, 03:43 PM

1,768 posts, read 3,413,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
You don't need the fiscal cliff to destroy the GOP, the tea party is doing a good job of it.
http://youtube.googleapis.com/v/F0sk...n_US%26fs=1%26

Old 12-30-2012, 03:45 PM

1,768 posts, read 3,413,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roaddog View Post
if your living payday to payday that's just your fault for not trying harder. Typical Lib blaming others for your shortcomings.
Thank you. Great post.

I contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle.
-- Winston Churchill

Old 12-30-2012, 03:52 PM

1,728 posts, read 1,777,825 times
The problem is a lack of Presidential leadership. Both Clinton and Reagan were able to lead and work twords compromise to grow their economies . This clown is on vacation or p[ointing fingers trying place the blame on everyone except for the leader of the free world. It wont work, most of the Bush Tax cuts were aimed at the Middle Class and when bozo hiuessien lets them expire he will face a wrath the likes of which even his protector the MSM cant cover up.

Old 12-30-2012, 03:52 PM

1,169 posts, read 1,519,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarius View Post
I don't care about any of that. I want the GOP completely destroyed......even if it means I lose everything I don't want my kids to get to my age and because of the greed of the rich, be were I and 98% of my peers are. We did what America wanted us to and it made no difference. We still are pay check to pay check and all that promise was bull**** for us. My 20 years of work production made more money for the Romneys than it did my family.

[+] Rate this post positively
Jesus you're intensely brainwashed dude.

Google: Bilderberg group if you want to know what being rich really is.

Old 12-31-2012, 05:15 PM

397 posts, read 257,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
enemy country: back on the bottle and repeating himself yet again
Did you mean to post here? This is just random and seems like a mistake one would make if suffering from some sort of mind alteration?

Old 12-31-2012, 06:35 PM

397 posts, read 257,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
you complain about the republicans, but you forget that the democrats are also complicit in the state on the economy. democrats constantly push for more spending and more taxes on EVERYONE despite what they say. both sides also push more and more regulations on businesses and the people, and it costs us more and more money.

and you complain about not making enough money, but did you take advantage of the opportunities that have presented themselves to you? have you taken the bigger risks to make more money? have you stepped up to the plate and showed your bosses that you can handle more responsibility? have you asked your bosses to move you up in the company? have you looked at taking a job at another company where you could move up faster? have you considered starting your own business? my point is that there are always opportunities to move up in life as far as you want to go, BUT YOU have to be willing to take the steps needed to do so, your bosses arent going to come to you and say, "Z you have done such a good job that we want to offer you a supervisor position at increased pay". YOU have to take that first step and tell the bosses that you want to move up.
Advancement under right wing minded management means they can treat you worst of all. I know. I live it. Its not the place thats the problem its the Republicans who on a personal level are at war with workers in general. More hours with lower pay and no quality of life is the dream the GOP has for America. No doubt.

Old 12-31-2012, 06:40 PM

2,117 posts, read 1,880,629 times
Quote:
I don't care about any of that. I want the GOP completely destroyed......even if it means I lose everything I don't want my kids to get to my age and because of the greed of the rich, be were I and 98% of my peers are. We did what America wanted us to and it made no difference. We still are pay check to pay check and all that promise was bull**** for us. My 20 years of work production made more money for the Romneys than it did my family.

[+] Rate this post positively
Believe me, I get why you are pissed. I am, too.

But you need to stop and realize that each an every politician since the Nixon era has failed you. Being mad at the republicans is still leaving out half the equation.

Old 12-31-2012, 07:18 PM

12,687 posts, read 6,734,867 times
Quote:
In other words, let's sink the whole ship on purpose in hopes that everyone we don't like drowns.

That's just stupid!

That is exactly the approach the Dems are taking. They want to go over the cliff because they believe all blame will fall on the GOP. If the Dems are the ones who actually want to go over the cliff, clearly they are willing to damage or even destroy the country just to silence all opinions they don't like hearing. Odds are, the media will save them from electoral justice, but everyone thinking like this is insane!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies